FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Marketplace » » www.FreakyBoutiki.com 14th Anniversario Tee Shirts by Big Toe
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
www.FreakyBoutiki.com 14th Anniversario Tee Shirts by Big Toe
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-01 5:08 pm   Permalink

Tutorial # 3

This time a nice Hawaiian Traditional from a design by ETR. It's flat bottom allows for table top or wall display.

Mexican fan palm - $80

Artists for this piece include Hodad Hank, Erik the Red and Anakonia.

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-01 6:06 pm   Permalink

Tutorial # 4

"The MEZO-MARQ"

You tell us.

Is it...

A whimsical missing link between Inca, Maya, Olmec and the island imagery of their decendants on the Marquesas, Raivaevae and Rapa Nui...

OR

A whimsical helmeted space traveler rising from a launch platform atop fire and swirling smoke bound for a voyage across the sea of night?

Either way this mixed media effigy features faux jade inlays as well as golden toothed skulls and mysterious golden glyphs recreated from authentic Yucatan stelae. Glyphs depict an aboriginal American seafarer, a jaguar & seagull and bejeweled skull.

Can stand upright or hang on a wall.

Mexican Fan Palm, mixed media 2ft - SOLD

Artists for this piece include Erik The Red & Hodad Hank.

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2009-07-19 14:24 ]

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-01 9:43 pm   Permalink

tooo cool for school!
you caught the flow of the glyphs in there!
and that green in there....
total hybrid of cultures
and it works!
BRAVO!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-02 05:52 am   Permalink

If I saw those in a store, I'd totally buy both on the spot. Love those last three. That Moai is great. I noticed that simple ship on there.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-02 05:53 am   Permalink

If I saw those in a store, I'd totally buy both on the spot. Love those last three. That Moai is great. I noticed that simple ship on there.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-02 08:27 am   Permalink

They're so cool
teaKs is sayin it twice!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-07 5:17 pm   Permalink

HoHank, I'm REALLY Loving the store tour and being entertained by your Boutiki shots, classes, chips flying,,Peeps BUYING Tiki Stuff, Tiki Lovers having FUN, seeing COOL Tiki stuff going on, Seeing Augie with Ric & Monica (I think Augie Needs a Dresden Roadie t-shirt too, I'm sure with a name like that he'll fit right in!!:) )
Also I really wish you wouldm open another store here in South Florida and come out every few months to take care of it and relax and get into trouble. I Think we could start sumpthin!!!
What I'm trying to say Is i Love the store and I Love how you are rallying everyone around it and getting everyone creating for it!YepYepYeP...

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-10 7:49 pm   Permalink

Kinney, teaks and Benz,

Hodad thanks ya and so do I. It was fun working on those.

And for the finished Cook Island piece by The Reverend Captain Dread Pirate Murf...

Oh, yeah. Only have two Primo button up shirts left.

The beer is not for sale.

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2009-03-10 19:50 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2009-03-10 21:55 ]

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-12 11:39 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-03-10 19:49, Mr. NoNaMe wrote:
Kinney, teaks and Benz,

Hodad thanks ya and so do I. It was fun working on those.

And for the finished Cook Island piece by The Reverend Captain Dread Pirate Murf...

Oh, yeah. Only have two Primo button up shirts left.

The beer is not for sale.

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2009-03-10 19:50 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2009-03-10 21:55 ]

I think that last mask is actually based on a Mexican wrestling design! Very cool all!

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-13 4:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-03-07 17:17, Benzart wrote:
I really wish you would open another store here in South Florida and come out every few months to take care of it and relax and get into trouble. I Think we could start sumpthin!!!

My next trip down we shall definately have to discuss it over a virgin mai tai or two. Can you work a cash register and make proper change? BTW one of my new years resolutions along with giving up anger and cigars was to carve every single scrap of wood you sent me last year by new years eve 2010. Here's the start along with some of those action shots you dig. Ben, you are a Master and I merely a disciple. My students, in turn, are yours, and I pass along whatever knowledge you have shared with enduring gratitude. Mahalo nui loa.

This little fella's going to England...

A nice chunk of Benz Koa should make a cute hybrid Tang/Marq paperweight!

My only three shipwreck teak Hawaiians w/ the two new Tangs (Fret not FreddieBallsomic, that biggest Hawaiian still has your name on it. I only just found and finished him!)

Anakonia & R.C.D.P. Murf

Anakonia's Aloha mask

Surfboard guru Jim Ellinton try's his shaping skills on some mysterious "stinkwood". Have no idea what "stinkwood" is or why it smells so bad when freshly cut, but if trimmers drop 'em we'll carve 'em!

More mystery wood.

Anakonia begins a giant Hawaiian fork and knife. She's also a great Hula dancer. catch her next Hula Show, St Patty’s Day Eve, Monday 6pm, March 16th @ Kaisen Sushi in Oceanside. No Cover Charge. contact
Kailani@cox.net for more details.

The Munk takes a break from rolling in sawdust to play with her giant squeeky edamame.

More fun soon...

benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-27 01:27 am   Permalink

I'm with Benz for the florida store, this could afford the luck to see an awesome store and 2 fantastic carvers at the same time (Benz and you). And what about a Freaky Boutiki in Paris, I know you speak french ?

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-01 06:43 am   Permalink

Mais oui! Et naturellement vous connaissez des croissants d'amour d'I et de petites moustaches! LOL! Peut-être une Bizarre Boutique Parisienne serait juste la chose pour ma crise de Moyen Âge.

Connaissez-vous quelques assez filles françaises qui comme des hommes plus âgés ?

Merci de l'arrêt par le fil que j'apprécie toujours l'audition de vous Benella. -HH

FreddieBallsomic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-01 11:28 am   Permalink

All lookin' great Hodaddy!! No frettin' here, brotha,,,,just stoked~

View Profile of FreddieBallsomic Send a personal message to FreddieBallsomic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-02 12:40 pm   Permalink

Hi Freddie! Scroll down to see your finished Hawaiian!

New & old goodies taking shape as we gear up for summer.

After a couple years of lying in the sunny spot by the curb Monkey finally decides pitch in... lookit her go Kinny!

...now ready for local surfboard legend Jim Ellington to work his super fast draw blade magic!

Always a welcome visitor our buddy Heath stops by for a chop.

Pakolololita taking her time with another perfect moai. Shag Inspired.

The Reverend Captain Dread Pirate Murf (aka Our Man In The Pacific) shows off his Night Of The Tiki homage tryptic. The Shag Tang is unfinished.

Anakonia finally gets a break from running the shop to finish up her latest Aloha mask.

I've been as busy too finishing up old projects sidelined by life and some recent welcome commissions. This little Shipwreck teak Hawaiian is promissed to a very patient TCer.

My Maori box finally finished w/ abalone eyes & red interior. See Ben I didn't throw it in the lagoon after all.

A Koa Tang/Marq hybrid from the Benz scrap wood box...

We've been invited by Primo Beer to participate in some upcomming promotions so I decided to dress up our Burros a la Maori fern patterns & Hawaiian tapa. Here I'm getting ready to start a 3.5 foot Mellow Moai commissioned By Guava Beach Bar & Grille.

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2009-04-02 12:44 ]

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-02 1:00 pm   Permalink

YOU SHAVED HANK!

glad monkey's lending a hand!
that maori box is a Beaut!
you kids have soooo much fun there!
I wanna come visit and play!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation