FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace www.FreakyBoutiki.com 14th Anniversario Tee Shirts by Big Toe
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
www.FreakyBoutiki.com 14th Anniversario Tee Shirts by Big Toe
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-30 1:09 pm   Permalink

By poular demand the fastest selling book in Freaky Boutiki history is back!

Shields Of Melanesia by Harry Bergan and Barry Craig is the first comprehensive book of its kind and illustrates more than 100 types of shields from all culture areas of Melanesia that used such objects. Around 80 per cent of the shields illustrated have never before been published. The book also explains why the use of fighting shields in the South Pacific was confined to Melanesia. Adrienne Kaeppler, one of the foremost authorities on the cultures of Micronesia and Polynesia, has contributed a chapter on the protective devices other than shields that were used in those societies, and explains why shields were not used. The typology of war shields used in the book is based on an exhaustive survey of the literature, on the field experiences of the authors, and on a survey of the collections of the major Australian museums.

An inexhaustable resource for artists and collectors alike.

(Yes Babs, I have one set aside for you.)

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-30 1:29 pm   Permalink

let me add one more thing...
Great Tiki Art
Foxes
and....
GREAT BOOKS!

Shields of Melanesia is a great visual reference as well as an informative gathering of information
about the warfare,dance.etc uses of these bulky artifacts!
Worth every penny!

Babs-go get this NOW! your drums will thank you for all the new motif ideas!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-01 08:05 am   Permalink

YAY! My book is in! Hank, please hold one back for Babs...

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-03 12:47 pm   Permalink

Now's your chance to own a piece of Huntington Beach tiki history. This Kona Huntington Beach Platter is an extrordinary 24" wall hanging by Lemon Grove Clay Master General, Babalu.

Normal FBG price is $350 but since Babs has a jones for expensive art books he's lowering that price for a limited time.

First to PM about this wonderful piece saves a hundred bucks for the special low price of only $250!

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-03 2:45 pm   Permalink

I had hoped more folks would enjoy a close look at Eric October's wonderful Rodan Tiki painting before it was grabbed up, but at least you can see how it looked in the gallery before you missed the opportunity to own it. Eric told me that the beautiful sunset in this piece was inspired by photographs sent to him by Brad TikiShark Parker.

Jared, Rodan's lucky owner, doesn't own a single vintage aloha shirt, however boasts one of the most impressive collections of original Tiki artworks by Kinny Ruzic and Big Toe among others.

"Dangerous Surf" by Big Toe 27"x33" $1100

"Starvin' for Surf" by Big Toe 15"x12" $400

"Trader Mort's Plushie" by Eric October 10" $45
(available exclusively through FBG)

"Arrival" by Ken Ruzic 36"x48" $3500

"Male Moko Marquesan" by 55"h 4WD Bill Collins $575

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2009-10-03 15:36 ]

hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-03 3:17 pm   Permalink

Out of stock since August, we've just received a shipment of Hawaiian Sculpture by J Halley Cox and William H Davenport.

With 240 Pages and more than 200 b/w photos, this revised edition of the original specimen study from 1954 focuses entirely on figurative wooden sculpture of ancient Hawaii and offers definitive explanations of their iconic and symbolic features. It is a vast source of textural knowledge sure to fascinate collectors and artists who might be interested why the images they strive to copy bare the features they do. Including pieces discovered since its first printing, Hawaiian Sculpture is an essential addition to any home library of Oceanic art.

hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-03 3:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-10-03 12:47, hodadhank wrote:

Normal FBG price is $350 but since Babs has a jones for expensive art books he's lowering that price for a limited time.

First to PM about this wonderful piece saves a hundred bucks for the special low price of only $250!

SOLD

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-04 11:55 am   Permalink

Sweeeet!
Congrats Babs and Hank!

And while you're picking up that Melanesian Shields Book
you may wanna take a gander at the Hawaiian Sculpture Book by J Halley Cox and William H Davenport
if you don't already own it...
That goes for ANY of you!
I just got mine at Oasis and man! What an eye-opener!
It's already inspired a couple of pieces!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-17 1:06 pm   Permalink

Pinky's little bear Pep wants you to know that despite recent unpleasantness in the Southern California contemporary tobbacco industry, Freaky Boutiki has been a licensed tobbacconist since 1999 and maintains a thoroughbred selection of premium Cuban seed cigars for every budget.

Our perfectly atmosphered humidor boasts a wide variety of Montecristo, Partagas, H Upmann, Punch, Don Diego, Padron, Romeo Y Julietta, Mayorga, Bering, Rocky Patel, Royal Jamaican, Flor De A Allones, CAO, Arturo fuente, La Vieja Habana, La Unica, Davidoff, Acid and more.

Watch us this winter as we introduce new sticks from The Kauai Cigar Company.

In association with the Blair Estate, KCC obtained an old generation Cuban Pinar del Rio seed highly valued in Cuban cigar production as well as Habano, Corojo, Criollo, Connecticut Shade and Broadleaf seed. Kauai's mineral rich deep volcanic soil, fed by natural water from mountain waterfalls turned out to be a perfect growing spot for some truly extraodinary cigars of deep and complex flavor.

Nothing goes better with a good cocktail than a fine stogie and remember smoking is glamorous...

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2009-10-17 13:56 ]

hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-23 11:37 am   Permalink

Jonesy stopped by to pick up his Benzart Bono Lono! it was great meeting him and I was happy to see that pendant with it's rightful owner at last. We are grateful TJ let us display the piece for the appreciation of FBG visitors from all over the globe. Thanks TJ and great work Sensei Ben.

hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-23 11:41 am   Permalink

The beautiful Hawaiian inspire palmwood bust Alii-2 by the very talented Bowana David Lea found a new home this week! Congrats Dave.

hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-24 10:50 am   Permalink

OK, I'm totally bummed today because my little friend Pinky is moving to Colorado with her cradle robbing boyfriend to snowboard, make snow angels and catch snow fakes on her tongue. So this is her last weekend at Freaky Boutiki. Yup.

I've had fun teaching her to carve and she's been a pleasure to work with and always makes me smile. Considerate too. Dig this, She just told me that if I end up in prison she would visit me and bring me a shank. How adorable is that? Anyway please send out your good vibes to her for her safety and happiness.

Freaky Boutiki will miss you Pinky.

The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-24 11:40 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-10-24 10:50, hodadhank wrote:
Dig this, She just told me that if I end up in prison she would visit me and bring me a shank. How adorable is that?
Freaky Boutiki will miss you Pinky.

WOW...I don't think anybody would do that for me!! Good Luck Pinky!!!

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
murphdog
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-11-15 8:20 pm   Permalink

A giant dog crate arrived on my doorstep.

Woody dog was not thrilled with the delivery.

Lucky for both of us that inside the box was a beautiful platter by Babalu courtesy of Hodaddy and FBG!

View Profile of murphdog Send a personal message to murphdog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-16 6:58 pm   Permalink

Great picture!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation