FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace www.FreakyBoutiki.com 14th Anniversario Tee Shirts by Big Toe
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
www.FreakyBoutiki.com 14th Anniversario Tee Shirts by Big Toe
LoungeShark
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-01 09:20 am   Permalink

What's this dancing you speak of? It didn't happen if there's no pictures to post here.

View Profile of LoungeShark Send a personal message to LoungeShark      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-21 3:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-02-01 08:22, Heath wrote:
Just wanted to say thanks for letting come down and hang out with the Freak Factory gang Saturday...

Mahalo Erik & Heath for hacking up some doozies! Heath even got his pic in a local rag. He's so photohallucinogenic... While the January Blues event was anything but voluminously attended, it gave us all an opportunity to sawhorse around in public and Wahine Toni's crew wiggled up a storm to close the festivities.

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-25 1:17 pm   Permalink

Everybone here on TC knows FBG's latest artist from his work with Tiki Farm on the Tikinator mug design and shotglass, but he is probably most famous for his work in founding Maui & Sons thirty years past.

Rick Rietveld has been keeping busy with his instantly identifiable style celebrating Southern California, Polynesia, Surf and Hot Rod themed Lowbrow-fantasy paintings.

His work often featuring a cornicopia of pop culture references is insanely popular world wide and we are glad to have Rick's work here at FBG.

The following affordable prints are signed and framed.

'Lorelei'

detail
$225

'Shake-N-Bake' ***SOLD***

detail
$225

'Isle de Mirage'

detail
$225

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2010-02-25 13:59 ]

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-25 3:22 pm   Permalink

New from Hawaiian Island Creations this season comes official L&L BARBEQUE boardshorts!!! Heavy duty construction as always from this time honored surf brand and just look at those mouth watering plates of Chicken Katsu and Loco Moko!!!!
Get 'em while they're hot! Suppies are limited.
$52.99

GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-02-25 4:10 pm   Permalink

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-25 9:30 pm   Permalink

Is it just me or did I miss the "Babalu on page 20"?

It's good to see Erik's face again, he always makes me (And Toni always makes me )

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-02 9:07 pm   Permalink

Hodadhank!
I'm on the mainland this coming week - for the art show at La Luz de Jesus, - however will be tooling around San Diego on Friday morning/noon and am soooo looking forward to visiting the famous Freaky boutiki!!!

See ya' on the 5th!
Brad~
K. Angel Pilago (Hawaiian Elder & my personal Yoda)

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-04 6:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-02-25 21:30, MadDogMike wrote:
Is it just me or did I miss the "Babalu on page 20"?

By George you're right Mike!!

The great and powerful Babalu, clay master extraordinaire has unearthed a pair of one-of-a-kind hand-built artifacts from his famous Lemon Grove CA clay works exclusively for Freaky Boutiki Gallery and its loyal following of art lovers.

Babalu's hand built mugs usually fetch hundreds per piece so the following prices are rare indeed from such an in demand sculptor. A lucky Tiki Centralite will be getting a deal of a lifetime when he or she snatches up one of these important mugs.

1/1 Cobra Fang Glaze Test
hand-built in striking umber and turquoise glaze
6"x4"
by BABALU
$100 ***SOLD***

1/1 "SDMA" PNG Drum Mug
hand-built
An almost perfect dead ringer for an Middle Sepik River PNG Kundu displayed at San Diego Museum of Art's 2009 Oceanic Art Exhibition.
The first of this important mug series by Babs!
Cream, umber, white and ochre
9"x4"
by BABALU
$125 *** Available ***

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2010-03-04 18:41 ]

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2010-07-01 17:07 ]

hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-04 6:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-03-02 21:07, Tiki Shark Art wrote:
Hodadhank... will be tooling around San Diego on Friday morning/noon and am soooo looking forward to visiting... See ya' on the 5th! Brad~

Right on Brad! I'll be sure to wear my dress flip flops! Looking forward to seeing you down here in So-So Cal.

It seems to be artist month @ FBG as I just had a high octane visit from LA's Dynamic Painting Duo of McEvoy & Rodriguez. Their Devil card was a huge hit at our Autumn Tikot! show and they were kind enough to bring along some artwork for the gallery: Over a half dozen works in all, some painted especially for the gallery and its tiki loving patrons. (That's you!)

I'll be hanging their work this weekend so be sure to stop by and take home one of their unique paintings.

Here's a sneak peek of their painting, "Kanaka O'wai Maka Lahi"...

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2010-03-04 18:42 ]

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-10 08:09 am   Permalink

That McEvoy guy is crazy!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-12 5:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-03-10 08:09, little lost tiki wrote:
That McEvoy guy is crazy!

Their both crazy! But not as crazy as the joggers in the following pics...

My buddy caught some great pics of our "Tsunami" breakers coming over the Mission Beach boardwalk behind the shop. Yipe!

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2010-03-12 17:31 ]

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-12 6:25 pm   Permalink

That was never on the news, crazy man.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigToe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-12 7:36 pm   Permalink

WOW. looks like great stuff poppin over there. new stuff from a few fav artists! Babs mug is SICK! Rick Reitveld is my hero (i art directed Maui & Sons after he departed), and McRiquez are off da hook!

Can't wait to get some new Toe work in there!!

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-04-12 8:27 pm   Permalink

Great Shot of the guy jogging down the road.... Just think if it was just a foot or two bigger...
das nutz...

"TikiPop" On Instagram

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-01 5:01 pm   Permalink

Some random pics to share...

James Dimmare levitating my mood.

Tiki Omar makes a new Friend.

Brad Parker: flyin' by to say hi.

McAvoy & Rodriguez find my stash of beer.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation