FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events 2007 Kowloon Kickoff - January 20, 2007
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
2007 Kowloon Kickoff - January 20, 2007
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-17 08:53 am   Permalink

Just out of curiosity - is anyone driving I-95 through Hampton, NH. I live in Hampton just off 95 on Exit two (Route 101). I am having significant transportation problems - I would love to go and "get Tiki" with you all - but it looks like I won't be able to get there.
Just thought I'd throw it out for discussion - maybe somebody is driving by...........
Thanks, Jon

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-17 4:25 pm   Permalink

I'm trying to get there too! At least to the Bali Hai for an early round. I'm heading North for the weekend and you guys are on the way!! Looking forward to finally meeting you all.

Tikisgrl

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-18 6:04 pm   Permalink

Wow - looks like we'll be packing the Kowloon Saturday. Count 3 for me Bargoyle (brother and my friend Keith are coming). We won't make the Bali Hai though - someday!

Welcome aboard Thunderlips! Tikisgrl - make your plans now so you can meet the group. You won't regret it!

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-18 6:40 pm   Permalink

Holy Crap Tikisgrl is finally (possibly) making an appearance and I'll be absent!

I hope you all have a great time! I'll be thinking about you all while playing a private party with my band in Groton.

Hope some of you will be at the Valentines Day show in Chicopee!

Again, have a great time at Kowloon!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-18 7:30 pm   Permalink

Hey, did anyone invite WaiTiki to the Kowloon gala - I just mentioned it to Mr Ho via PM - it would be great to see those guys again!

and BTW, Many Thanks to Tikisgrl..... I got a ride! woo-hoooo

Visit my Online Art Gallery at
jonmooers.com
Just moved back to Amesbury, Ma

[ This Message was edited by: jpmartdog 2007-01-18 19:31 ]

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-18 7:32 pm   Permalink

I am looking forward to this... I guess after a year and a half of near misses of a lot of the Mass Ohana it was time to come out into the light.

Tikisgrl

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-19 06:23 am   Permalink

"go into the light carol-ann. All welcome....allllll weeelllcome...."

It'll be nice to finally meet ya tikisgrl. Also looking forward to seeing mortis again, finally meeting rain, and getting to know our "newcommers", thunderlips & inkashtray.

SOrry SB & Granite cant make it. We'll hoist a few for ya!

So, with johnman's +2, and tikisgrl, we're up to 17 now!!!

A couple more and they'll have to give us the Boat in back...maybe even open that boat-bar special, just for us???

Also, I emailed the Prof about dinner, so we'll see if any of waitiki makes it

Guess I'll tell em 20 to play it safe.

How many are comming to Bali Hai beforehand?

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-19 06:27 am   Permalink

Can't do Bali Hai but by all means try to get us that open bar special!!

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-19 07:00 am   Permalink

Heh heh...I guess I should have written that different. yeah, open bar would be .....dangerous.

But I was talking about the bar thats at the Stern of the ship area. I never see it open.

I bet if we gave some advance notice, and had like a cocktail party thing going on back there, they'd open it up....

might need like 50+ people though. The boat is pretty big!

I'll ask em when I get the reservations.

[ This Message was edited by: Bargoyle 2007-01-19 07:01 ]

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-19 1:19 pm   Permalink

OK, just a quick heads up.

With our number quickly approaching 20, I figured maybe a phone call to the Kowloon was in order (they still pack em in on a Saturday night) and sure enough, they might have a problem seating us at 7pm. They can definitely get us in seats & eating by 8pm, but we'll have sweet talk the host/hostess to get in any earlier.

The reservation is under "tikicentral.com" and I suggest everyone go & check in with the host/hostess & explain what kind of group we are, and how we wanted to eat at 7.

I figure after s/he hears it for the 6th time, we're in!!!

If it doesn't work, its drinks at the bar until 8....unfortunately they redid the bar a few years back and now its a keno/sports bar and they don't do anything on fire in there.

Oh, and they're going to add 18% gratuity to the checks as we are such a large party.

See everyone there!!! I'll be the fat balding guy in the Hawaiian shirt smoking out in front of the building.

jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-19 1:31 pm   Permalink

I say we "Ixnay" the sports bar and just cram us all around the small square bar in the restaurant area immediate to the left. The sports bar sucks....., and there are at least 8 bar stools and 3 tables that seat 12 along the cool waterfall mural wall in the ohana hut bar/ service bar!! Plus there is standing room between the bar and mural wall/seats
whadayathink

pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-19 1:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-19 13:31, jpmartdog wrote:

whadayathink

I think I like to say Ixnay.
Ixnay. Ixnay. Ixnay. Weeeeee!

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-19 1:57 pm   Permalink

Well, it might all be a moot point (I like to say moot.....moooooooooot...MOOT!!), as we MIGHT get seated at 7pm.

I was told to discuss it with the host/ess when we got there.

If not we can try to hit the bar in the middle of the resteraunt (I assuming you're talking about the island one with the carved poles, and not the Tai/sushi bar one directly across from the sports bar).

Makes no difference to me...comming from the Bali Hai, I'll already have the motor primed!

Rain
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-19 2:02 pm   Permalink

apparently i've got kidney stones again, and i'm in a hell of a lot of pain. so yet again, call me Mr. Flakey.
really, really wish i could be there, everyone.

View Profile of Rain Send a personal message to Rain  Email Rain Goto the website of Rain     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-19 2:05 pm   Permalink

You guys are making me so jealous!!!

I'm gonna have to stop by the Tiki Lau in Westford for a drink on my way home from Groton!

Again, have a great time!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation