[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki NewsFlash on Thatch
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
NewsFlash on Thatch
Robertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-03 12:11 am   Permalink

Just passed electrical and mechanical.

Decided to throw those crazy kids, the Pander Bros a little First Thursday art showing. Sure, they've painted the two paintings in the private hut, but for the next 30 days, they are also bringing in 9 velvet tiki god paintings.

Show up around 6:30 or so. Meet the Panders, Meet the bartenders. Have a drink. All are welcome.

http://www.panderbros.com/

Robertiki

View Profile of Robertiki Send a personal message to Robertiki  Email Robertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-03 06:38 am   Permalink

Very cool! I'll be there.

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sporkboyofjustice
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-03 10:05 am   Permalink

So you are open then? If so then I may need to stop by on Saturday as I'll be up to Portland this weekend for various reasons.

View Profile of sporkboyofjustice Send a personal message to sporkboyofjustice  Goto the website of sporkboyofjustice     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-04 09:36 am   Permalink

no, not open on sat, well maybe, but do know thereis a art installation party for the Panders tonight, and a private shindig for TCers on Friday.

I guess someone posted this friday night's thing on the Portland Mercury's website, but unless I get a PM via TC, those hipsters with their dirty low-slung jeans won't be allowed in.

View Profile of Robertiki Send a personal message to Robertiki  Email Robertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Melintur
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-04 09:45 am   Permalink

Delicious!

Tonight _and_ tomorrow at Thatch?

Excellent.

View Profile of Melintur Send a personal message to Melintur  Email Melintur Goto the website of Melintur ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitronic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-01-04 10:26 am   Permalink

Hurrah! This day looks a whole lot better now!

View Profile of Tikitronic Send a personal message to Tikitronic  Goto the website of Tikitronic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MikeyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-04 4:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-04 09:36, Robertiki wrote:I guess someone posted this friday night's thing on the Portland Mercury's website, but unless I get a PM via TC, those hipsters with their dirty low-slung jeans won't be allowed in.

Do we need to get any confirmation from you that you got our PM, or should we just be set?

View Profile of MikeyTiki Send a personal message to MikeyTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiLaLe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-04 6:18 pm   Permalink

Check 1,2 check 1,2, for a second there I thought I was on another forum !!!!!

View Profile of TikiLaLe Send a personal message to TikiLaLe  Email TikiLaLe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tolovana

Posted: 2007-01-04 7:52 pm   Permalink

Wow! This place is cool! I am sure this place is going to be a smashing success! The drinks are yummy and the tiki factor is high. They make their own sweet and sour, and that is a huge plus. You must visit Thatch, once it opens. We plan to be regulars. I took some camera phone pictures and posted a few pictures on Picasa. http://picasaweb.google.com/Tolovana/Thatch

[ This Message was edited by: Tolovana 2007-01-04 23:59 ]

View Profile of Tolovana Send a personal message to Tolovana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitronic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-01-04 10:55 pm   Permalink

Just returned from the first thursday/soft opening of Thatch.
I'd like to say "Thank you Robert - the place is beautiful".

Flanking the entry bridge are some old friends you might recognize from the Jasmine Tree.

The ceiling work by Bamboo Craftsman is entirely transporting.

Outside the window of the private hut at the back of the bar.

Inside the private hut...

TikiMaxton explaining the virtues of glueing things to one's head...

The theming continues right into the bathroom.

Pele and Ngendi.
(Ask this man about "Great Balls of Fire!")

View of the main room from the back.

[ This Message was edited by: Tikitronic 2007-01-04 22:58 ]

View Profile of Tikitronic Send a personal message to Tikitronic  Goto the website of Tikitronic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-05 06:18 am   Permalink

I had the unexpected honor of ordering the first drink last night (a Mai Tai, of course)...and the pleasure of paying for the first drink! One of my $1 bills is tacked up in the kitchen. Congrats to Robert and the crew: well done!

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sporkboyofjustice
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-05 07:28 am   Permalink

Unfortunately I don't think I can make it tonight, didn't know about last night but I couldn't make it. Darn this job and other life things that get in the way. Anywho have fun without me, I'm sure that you will.

View Profile of sporkboyofjustice Send a personal message to sporkboyofjustice  Goto the website of sporkboyofjustice     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
karmalaundry
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-01-05 12:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-04 16:32, MikeyTiki wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-01-04 09:36, Robertiki wrote:I guess someone posted this friday night's thing on the Portland Mercury's website, but unless I get a PM via TC, those hipsters with their dirty low-slung jeans won't be allowed in.

Do we need to get any confirmation from you that you got our PM, or should we just be set?

Exactly my question. I sent Robert a PM for tonight but didn't get a reply. I'm going to show up and hope for the best.

View Profile of karmalaundry Send a personal message to karmalaundry      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sputnikmoss
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-05 12:47 pm   Permalink

That's what I'm going to do also. So if you see a couple of hipster dorks one wearing a leopard skirt, that will be me....so come and tell the door guy to let me in!!! Codename.. Sputnik

View Profile of sputnikmoss Send a personal message to sputnikmoss  Email sputnikmoss Goto the website of sputnikmoss     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tolovana

Posted: 2007-01-05 4:05 pm   Permalink

Last night, we got told that we should show up at 7:30 for the TC opening. Did anyone get told anything other than 7:30?

View Profile of Tolovana Send a personal message to Tolovana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation