FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge The Grateful Dead Thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
The Grateful Dead Thread
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-27 06:54 am   Permalink

And for post number 400!!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-27 10:07 am   Permalink

I call Bong by his real name, Irving Snagglepuss Bromeliad the 3rd.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mouse Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-27 12:20 pm   Permalink

No probs. Lucas. Like I said, if you never caught them live on a good night?, HELL, I prob. wouldnt have ever liked em either! Anyway, Im more jazz influenced now anyway. You can prob. hear that in the "Agents" music we play. Good choice on Scuggs & Flat for "real" bluegrass by the way. Got to see John Mellancamp in a small venue yesterday. Nice, just him,no band. Dont like much "rock" by he is one of the few exceptions. Well, carry on, I know that you will.......Remy

View Profile of Mouse Art Send a personal message to Mouse Art  Goto the website of Mouse Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-30 10:08 am   Permalink

a couple of Jerry's Hawaiian Banyan scribbles.

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-30 1:20 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: lucas vigor 2007-03-30 13:23 ]

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-30 1:22 pm   Permalink

Hodahank, did you draw those?

C'mon--come clean!!

I feel so buffetized when I hear the Dead.

I AM A SOCIOPATH!

lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-30 1:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-27 10:07, Cammo wrote:
I call Bong by his real name, Irving Snagglepuss Bromeliad the 3rd.

I am digging the legend of sleepy hollow reference there. Just noticed it!

Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-03 10:21 pm   Permalink

Starting Sept 7th the Grateful Dead channel will be beamed down from space.

Chanel 32 on your Sirius receiver.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-12 6:29 pm   Permalink

Dig this! My friend Rob Tobin took a picture of Freaky Boutiki's Grateful Gargantua in case he bumped into Billy Kreutzman,
Hawaiian resident and drummer for The Grateful Dead since 1965. Billy loved our tiki, and tikis in general.

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikisbytyler
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-09 10:57 pm   Permalink

This gained no appreciation on the carving threads but maybe here is a better home for it!!! This was carved by request for some hippie friends of mine.

Such a shame he gets so little respect. I really enjoyed giving him little tiki teeth in the steal your face logo

View Profile of tikisbytyler Send a personal message to tikisbytyler  Email tikisbytyler Goto the website of tikisbytyler     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikipaka
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-10 02:00 am   Permalink

OK, I can take that hippie looking tiki off your hands if you like.. Looks great to me.. Different strokes, for different folks.. Nice work..

View Profile of tikipaka Send a personal message to tikipaka  Email tikipaka Goto the website of tikipaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-10 10:13 am   Permalink

Aye! I would love to have one of those tikis.

I share the same b-day with Micky Hart.

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikisbytyler
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-11 8:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-10 10:13, Unkle John wrote:
Aye! I would love to have one of those tikis.

I share the same b-day with Micky Hart.

I would love to make another one! If you're interested check out my site @
http://tikisbytyler.com or e-mail me at tikisbytyler@live.com . Or just enjoy the pics!!!

View Profile of tikisbytyler Send a personal message to tikisbytyler  Email tikisbytyler Goto the website of tikisbytyler     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-15 7:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-03 22:10, hodadhank wrote:

Streaming live show from Honululu Civic Auditorium 1/23/1970

http://www.archive.org/details/gd70-01-23.sbd.fixed.connor.18153.sbeok.shnf

Grateful thread but FYI this poster by Rick Griffin was not for this show 1-23-70 but was for a series of shows that never happened. They were supposed to take place on July 25-27 1970...

View Profile of KuKu Send a personal message to KuKu  Email KuKu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-23 08:49 am   Permalink

Hey now!

That's a fine tiki my friend and I'm thrilled you've already found at least one buyer for it and it's brothers!

People always ask me for SYF poles but I've never even designed one, unless you include the Gargantua (which is really a frieze)& Bob Tobin has been encouraging me to do some of the bamboo teeth gargantua's in small plaque form but my mits hurt right now from the chill & damp. (BTW I believe the Bamboo Toothed masks by our friend artist Ricardo Brasil are a direct result of a mutual friend driving past GG many times and "sharing the inspiration" of the new gimick!)

Just popped down here to tell you I ordered Sugar Mountain-Live At Canterbury House 1968 (CD/DVD) by Neil Young from a shop in Pacific Beach to send my little brother The Dread Pitate Murf out on the islands. fourteen cuts of acoustic solo goodness from the same night as the exquisitely fragile performance of Sugar MT from Neil's old Decade best- of album. + a DVD of the nite??!! Wow!!

It was all I could do not to crack it open and... um, make sure it was, you know, that it played right and stuff, that's all.

Be Good for Goodness Sake! - Hodaddy

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation