FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Tiki Road Trip: Milwaukee (9/22), Atlanta (9/29) -- SEE PAGE 7
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Tiki Road Trip: Milwaukee (9/22), Atlanta (9/29) -- SEE PAGE 7
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-08 10:55 pm   Permalink

Tiki Gods, Bars and Moais
The Closest Place for a Zombie
The Luau Locator

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-09 07:16 am   Permalink

Have tiki will travel.

[ This Message was edited by: hiltiki 2007-05-09 07:21 ]

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Maori_man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-09 11:30 am   Permalink

All over the Road: Tiki Road Trip II

View Profile of Maori_man Send a personal message to Maori_man  Goto the website of Maori_man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-30 1:21 pm   Permalink

Books left the printing presses by truck on Tuesday (May 29).

Due to arrive at the Santa Monica Press/Independant Publisher's Group warehouse on Friday.

People who ordered from me will have copies shipped Monday or Tuesday (June 4/5).

Amazon orders should ship some time next week... I can't say when (as long as it takes for the books to go from SMP's warehoue to Amazon's and then for the orders to br processed and shipped... a week or two?).

Official book debut event is at Hukilau - June 15.

I am working on signing events for: Tiki Oasis, Socttsdale, Las Vegas, Pittsburgh, Hot Rod Hula Hop, Chicago, Alameda, Cleveland, Los Angeles, New York, Boston area.
NONE of these are confimed YET, nor are there firm dates yet.

But it from me in person, or buy it here:

http://www.tydirium.net/tiki/tikiroadtrip.html

Mahalo nui nui once again for all of the enthusiasm and support for this project!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-30 7:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-30 13:21, tikibars wrote:

I am working on signing events for: Tiki Oasis, Socttsdale, Las Vegas, Pittsburgh, Hot Rod Hula Hop, Chicago, Alameda, Cleveland, Los Angeles, New York, Boston area.
NONE of these are confimed YET, nor are there firm dates yet.

Is Dallas on the radar?

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Flange
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-31 07:18 am   Permalink

Any chance of doing the signing night at the DVA Gallery's tiki night this year? Might be a nice tie in for both of you.

Anxiously awaiting my copy...

View Profile of Tiki Flange Send a personal message to Tiki Flange  Email Tiki Flange     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-31 10:07 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-31 07:18, Tiki Flange wrote:
Any chance of doing the signing night at the DVA Gallery's tiki night this year? Might be a nice tie in for both of you.
Anxiously awaiting my copy...

I will be at the DvA show for sure, and will have some books with me (I always keep a case of 'em in my car!).
As for signing at the show, "officially", that little gallery (size matters not - it rocks!) is going to be so crammed full o' people that night, that I'm not sure that there will be any room for me to set up a table...!
We'll see...

As for Dallas, I would adore an excuse to come down and do something at the new Trader Vic's.
I will PM you with the details.
Anyone else who thinks an event in their town is a good idea, please PM me with your 'proper' email address (one I can send a PDF to).

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-04 1:48 pm   Permalink

Tiki Road Trip 2 has reached the Chicago warehoue of Independant Publishers Group, who distribute all of the books published by Santa Monica Press.

I will have books in hand Wednesday morning.

Pre-orders will be mailed by the end of the week.

See y'all at Hukilau for the big public debut of the Tiki Road Trip 2!

See www.tydirium.net for Tiki Road Trip, global travelogues, and more!

christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-04 11:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-07 15:43, tikibars wrote:

Ladies and Germs, as you all know, Tiki Road Trip 2 will be in your hot little hands in less than a month.

Tiki Road Trip has been called "The book I wish I wrote" by Charles Bukowski, Kurt Vonnegut, John Steinbeck, Hunter S. Thompson, and George Orwell (not really... but if any of them were alive, they surely WOULD HAVE said this).

Although "Tiki Road Trip" is a really freaking great title for a book, "Tiki Road Trip: 2nd Edition" doesn't really pop as well as it could.

What is the snappy new title?

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-05 10:42 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-06-04 23:26, christiki295 wrote:
What is the snappy new title?

"Tiki Road Trip: 2nd Edition"

(altough I liked your idea of The Luau Locator!)

tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-06 11:49 am   Permalink

The eagle has landed (or perhaps, the Kon-Tiki has landed!).

Point is: I have 180 copies of TRT2 in my living room, and there are 4820 more in the IPG warehouse.

Tiki Road Trip 2 is being mailed to pre-orders tomorrow, and Hukilau attendees will be able to pick up a copy at my first TRT2 book signing, right after my seminar on Friday, June 15. The seminar is from 3:30 to 4:15, and the book signing is immediately after that, until 6:30.

I am very pleased with the way this book came out.
It is a huge leap forward from TRT 1 in every respect, and I honestly think that if you liked TRT 1, you'll be suitably impressed enough with TRT 2 to update your library.
And if you were on the fence about the first edition, this one ought to tip you inot the realm of true believers!

sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-06 12:22 pm   Permalink

just ordered mine!!!
wheeeeeeeee
got an extra for a friend too!
GO!!! GO BUY THE BOOK!!!!
Pea

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
reedalong
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-11 10:50 am   Permalink

I was in NYC visiting friends last week and we went to Brooklyn's Zombie Hut. Upon learning I was from Chicago, the attractive bartender started telling me about the psychology of tiki in the midwest. Asked how she knew all of this, she told me that she had spent hours chatting with "the guy who wrote a book about taking a tiki road trip." James, it's nice to know you spread the gospel while doing your research!

- strictly on the kini popo -

View Profile of reedalong Send a personal message to reedalong      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-11 12:27 pm   Permalink

Reedalong, cool story, thanks for sharing.

tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-13 09:21 am   Permalink

Pre-order copies were mailed out last Thursday; they should be arriving soon (if not already -- sent Media Mail -- kinda slow).

I'll have 135 copies with me at Hukilau this weekend.
The official book signing is at about 4:15-ish on Friday at the Yankee Clipper, right after my 3:30 seminar. It'll wrap up about 6:30.

mahalo

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation