FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Not totally Tiki-but cool carved glass
Not totally Tiki-but cool carved glass
cherokee
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-01-04 09:56 am   Permalink

Hi all,
While Ive been creating Tiki style carved glass, this is a little off that path.
A custom 22" x 38" x thick piece of glass that is going into a home bar in Texas. This will have LED lights below it.

Also, some new shooters glasses. 5" tall real thick and heavily carved!
Take care all, happy 2007!
Kyle
www.hunterglass.com

View Profile of cherokee Send a personal message to cherokee  Email cherokee Goto the website of cherokee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-04 09:59 am   Permalink

Just great!!

Now I want a pirate bar.

Excellent work!

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2007-01-04 10:01 ]

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-04 10:46 am   Permalink

Carved? How'd you do that? I thought that would be sand blasted!?

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cherokee
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-01-04 12:09 pm   Permalink

Yes, it is sandblasted, but I've gotten in the habit of calling it carved, or sandcarved, or sandblasted/carved.

View Profile of cherokee Send a personal message to cherokee  Email cherokee Goto the website of cherokee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-04 12:22 pm   Permalink

Very professional; great work!

Tama

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-04 6:03 pm   Permalink

That pirate sign is AWESOME How about a tiki version out of green glass - would make a nice sconce wall lamp thingy

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cherokee
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-01-04 6:11 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the compliments! Yeah, I could do a Tiki panel for sure--maybe even add some colors. I'm sure in the near future I'll work on a detailed piece. But if anyone has any custom ideas, I'm open and ready!!

Lunchbox

Posted: 2007-01-05 10:46 am   Permalink

Kyle,

I gotta tell you, your Tiki vase has been on my e-bay favorites list for longer than I can remember. Once The Angry Idol (the tiki bar I'm building in my lanai) is complete, I know I'll be getting something from you, if only the flame glasses. Keep up the amazing work.

The Lunchbox
Tampa, FL

On 2007-01-04 09:56, cherokee wrote:
Hi all,
While Ive been creating Tiki style carved glass, this is a little off that path.
A custom 22" x 38" x thick piece of glass that is going into a home bar in Texas. This will have LED lights below it.

Also, some new shooters glasses. 5" tall real thick and heavily carved!
Take care all, happy 2007!
Kyle
http://www.hunterglass.com

View Profile of Lunchbox Send a personal message to Lunchbox  Email Lunchbox Goto the website of Lunchbox     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cherokee
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-01-05 12:02 pm   Permalink

Cool Lunchbox,
Hey, I'm in Gainesville, so I could easily do a piece for your bar.
Yeah, some Tiki vases go quick, others hang out for a while. I'll be working on new ones soon.
Take care!

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation