[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food All Pineapple All the Time
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
All Pineapple All the Time
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-08 12:56 pm   Permalink

Here we go, something about some pictures and words and some big number.....

Push it straight down through the fruit and then twist. Nice clean wedges come out, cut the core out and your good to go.

The Mai Kai has the same kind of tool in a few different sizes to handle the different grade fruit.

Now, where to get one.... I don't know. It was a gift. I would suggest eBay since everything I find new are made of plastic.

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-08 2:45 pm   Permalink

This is what we use at Forbidden Island and I just can't recommend it more highly...

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-09 09:38 am   Permalink

Excellent. Thank you both. Just ordered the Vacuvin. Bring on the pineapples!

By the way... is it good for crushing buckeyes? Oh wait, all you have to do is look at buckeyes really scary and they just fall apart.

[ This Message was edited by: GatorRob 2007-01-09 09:42 ]

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-10 9:23 pm   Permalink

Yes...thanks to all....I just got Vacuvin in the mail. If I can ever get a free weekend to myself...gonna try it out and enjoy a Mai Tai ala pineapple beverage container!!!

Just a few other pineapple thingys here...for fun.
http://www.perfumelamp.com/lamps.html
http://www.essentialoils-online.com/pineapple_perfume.html
http://www.nextag.com/Rasta-Imposta-Adult-Pineapple-512610374/prices-html
http://www.scentsandsprays.com/yapipacarjar.html

OK...enough torture for now.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-04 6:24 pm   Permalink

A friend sent me this jpeg today. It's a Hellman's Mayonnaise ad from 1961 (she found it at Retro-Ads.net):

I think it would make a pretty awesome centerpiece at a luau or party or whatever. Here's the text of the "recipe":

1. Use one big pineapple for the chest. Cut on all four sides to make a rectangular shape (about 7" x 3" x 3").
2. Shallowly scoop out centre of 'chest'.
3. Reserve curved top slice with peel intact for treasure chest lid.
4. Peel remaining shell, re-cover sides of chest, attaching shell with toothpicks.
5. Prop lid on chest with toothpicks.
6. Fill chest with fresh fruit cut like jewels - strawberry garnets, cherry rubies, banana rings, pineapple nuggets, jade and gold melon balls, necklaces of berries, grapes.
7. Gild salad with Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise..."

I say "recipe" in quotes because the instructions seem to be the fiction of an ad copy writer. Clearly a pineapple shell was applied to an actual box with hinged lid, probably by an art director with a hot glue gun (or whatever they used back in 1961).

I would love to see someone attempt this.

blog

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Little fragrant Tiare
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-04 11:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-05 18:21, VampiressRN wrote:
Thanks for all the great info. So, if you cut the top and bottom off the pineapple and core it.....how do you serve a drink in it? Do you put a glass inside it?

You just cut off the top and then use the corer you posted a pic of and turn it around until you almost reach the bottom but make sure you don`t go so deep you get a hole in the bottom.

Then i use a knife to cut off the core and voila you have a drinking vessel. No need to put any glass in it.

For pineapples i use my chefs knife, works just fine.

View Profile of Little fragrant Tiare Send a personal message to Little fragrant Tiare  Goto the website of Little fragrant Tiare     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-05 9:58 pm   Permalink

Got a pineapple yesterday
I'm going to try and plant the top inside mu bar
Wouldn't last long outside here in Vegas

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation