FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Smokin Menehunes this Friday (1/19/07) at the Catalina Fish Kitchen
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Smokin Menehunes this Friday (1/19/07) at the Catalina Fish Kitchen
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-05 10:30 am   Permalink

I wanted to remind everyone that a great way to start the new year off is to enjoy some good food, great music and friends at the Catalina Fish Kitchen... Every Friday night (unless otherwise posted) at around 6:30pm til 9:15pm the Smokin' Menehunes play a FREE show for all to enjoy! The food at the Kitchen is great (and moderatley priced. It is truly a family atmosphere and there are always surprise guests hopping up on stage. Bring your uke and join in!

I think the Smokin' Menehunes are quickly becoming one of the hardest working local bands in our "tiki community". It's bands like this that can use our support. Come out and enjoy!

Catalina Fish Kitchen is located in Huntington Beach on Magnolia just south of Garfield. It's about 1.5 miles south of the 405.

[ This Message was edited by: SoccerTiki 2007-01-11 18:18 ]

[ This Message was edited by: SoccerTiki 2007-01-16 12:42 ]

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikihai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-05 10:51 am   Permalink

Cool...I hope to see you down there this week.

View Profile of tikihai Send a personal message to tikihai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hau 'oli Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-05 10:56 am   Permalink

What happens after 9:15?

View Profile of Hau 'oli Tiki Send a personal message to Hau 'oli Tiki  Email Hau 'oli Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-05 5:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-05 10:56, Hau 'oli Tiki wrote:
What happens after 9:15?

If you show up, you'll see!!!!!!!

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-06 11:12 am   Permalink

at 9:15 TikiBong and Lucas perform a slow striptease while Soccertiki ( in a hibiscus print Speedo) passes a hat. I recommend you come down here at least once to see this Remarkable Performance (after their 7-9 Remarkable Performance!)

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-06 4:36 pm   Permalink

Once again,The Smokin Menehunes were on fire Friday Night at The Catalina Fish Kitchen. Along with their Tiki, they took us a musical journey to the South Pacific.

Everyone joined in and sang Happy 99th Birthday to Bill Tapia

I hope I can be as young as Bill when I'm 99

If it wasn't for these three our Firday Nights wouldn't be complete

As usual the mike was open to everyone

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-11 6:23 pm   Permalink

Bong wanted me to remind everyone that the Hardest-Working Hapa Haole/Hawiiana/Tiki Band in Southern California is playing FREE this Friday (1/12) for everyone's enjoyment!!! Come out to the Catalina Fish Kitchen and have some great food, music and fun!!! 6:30-9:15pm in Huntington Beach.....

Hinano_Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-11 7:01 pm   Permalink

Mrs. Lurker and I will be there!

View Profile of Hinano_Paul Send a personal message to Hinano_Paul  Email Hinano_Paul Goto the website of Hinano_Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-12 5:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-11 19:01, Hinano_Paul wrote:
Mrs. Lurker and I will be there!

You better let out a Giant WOOOHOOO for me tonight. SoccerTiki and I will be there next week FOR SURE!!!

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-12 5:18 pm   Permalink

Dammit! I'm jealous of you guys! Have fun tonight!

The squids shall return...

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-15 12:02 pm   Permalink

WooHoo and Happy New Year to Everyone!!! MARK IT ON YOUR CALENDARS: Tiki-Tina and Bamboo Boyd, from Phoenix, are coming out the weekend of January 26th. It's Tiki-Tina's B-Day that weekend and we are planning on going to The Catalina Fish Kitchen to watch the Smokin Menehunes. If your not busy come on by!! ~ WooHooWahine

P.S. It's also King Kukulele's Tiki Taix that night. We will be going there too after The Smokin Menehunes.

SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-16 12:47 pm   Permalink

This just in!!! Pat and Bill will be in Hawaii on the 26th, so the Smokin Menehunes will NOT be performing at the Catalina Fish Kitchen on 1/26....They will however be there this Friday!!!!

SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-16 1:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-15 12:02, WooHooWahine wrote:
WooHoo and Happy New Year to Everyone!!! MARK IT ON YOUR CALENDARS: Tiki-Tina and Bamboo Boyd, from Phoenix, are coming out the weekend of January 26th. It's Tiki-Tina's B-Day that weekend and we are planning on going to The Catalina Fish Kitchen to watch the Smokin Menehunes. If your not busy come on by!! ~ WooHooWahine

P.S. It's also King Kukulele's Tiki Taix that night. We will be going there too after The Smokin Menehunes.

Since the Smokin' Menehunes won't be playing that weekend (1/26) we should think about going to Tiki Ti before Tiki Taix and maybe Damon's for dinner first?

[ This Message was edited by: SoccerTiki 2007-01-16 13:09 ]

SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-16 1:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-12 17:18, squid wrote:
Dammit! I'm jealous of you guys! Have fun tonight!

The squids shall return...

How about THIS Friday 1/19)????????

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-16 1:22 pm   Permalink

I can guarantee GROG won't be there....
There was a tragic shooting on the Tonga Hut thread....

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation