FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Tiki Gardens, Indian Rocks Beach/Indian Shores, FL (restaurant)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Tiki Gardens, Indian Rocks Beach/Indian Shores, FL (restaurant)
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-06 08:01 am   Permalink

Looking forward to seeing your creations with this exciting project. Keep us posted.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-19 12:58 pm   Permalink

Never seen a shot glass before

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-23 9:03 pm   Permalink

I have seen (and collected) most (all?) of the postcards from Tiki Gardens over years, but recently came across some different and more artistic views.

A few of the Tikis.

Tiki with torch.

Tiki with leaf hair.

The Parakeet Bell Tower which appears to have been an aviary.

View of Trader Frank's restaurant from the river side.

Entrance to the Oriental Shop.

Tiki heaven on earth.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kalakala

Posted: 2014-04-24 12:28 pm   Permalink

Just finished reading this thread, what a trip down memory lane! Back in the 60s, my grandparents would take me with them on vacation from Ohio to Florida every year and we went to Tiki Gardens numerous times over the years. Years later as a young adult I lived in Sarasota and Bradenton for a while. I had no idea how close I was.

I just scanned a few pics a couple of days ago, not the greatest quality, but I was there, and that's probably a good part of why I'm here.

View Profile of Kalakala Send a personal message to Kalakala  Goto the website of Kalakala     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-24 12:54 pm   Permalink

Kalakala thanks for sharing those! Awesome!!

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tattoo
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-24 3:12 pm   Permalink

Cool pics!

View Profile of Tattoo Send a personal message to Tattoo  Email Tattoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-24 5:37 pm   Permalink

Glad to see someone picking up the tiki torch on this idea. We got started on the notion of putting up a Lono statue in the old parking lot and Wayne Coombs was ready to sculpt it, when some guy started throwing around threats of lawsuits and acquiring the rights to the Tiki Gardens name, logos, etc. We had raised some money for the project and decided to give it up, but the cash was all returned properly as far as I know. Best of luck wit the project. I still think it was a great idea.

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kalakala

Posted: 2014-04-25 11:03 am   Permalink

Well, as of 2011 the last trademark on the name Tiki Gardens was cancelled. If someone with the funds wants to protect the mark by grabbing it now, that wouldn't be a bad move. You'd need to use the trademark in commerce somehow though, or you'll lose it. Even "Remember Tiki Gardens" t-shirts would qualify.

I just realized that the post above was my first actual post here, although I've been stopping by for years! I think I had another username and might have made a couple of posts several years ago, but I can't really remember.

[ This Message was edited by: Kalakala 2014-04-25 11:12 ]

View Profile of Kalakala Send a personal message to Kalakala  Goto the website of Kalakala     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mike and marie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-04 09:09 am   Permalink

Kalakala, thanks for sharing those pics! We recently brought Kahona back, pics here.

Tiki Gardens today:

Perhaps the last TG brochure?

View Profile of mike and marie Send a personal message to mike and marie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ghostsoldier

Posted: 2014-07-15 08:24 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-02-19 12:58, SandraDee wrote:
Never seen a shot glass before

I just picked one up off the 'bay this week, just like that one, for 9 bucks.

Rob

View Profile of Ghostsoldier Send a personal message to Ghostsoldier  Email Ghostsoldier     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-18 6:10 pm   Permalink

Found this postcard today

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ghostsoldier

Posted: 2014-07-18 6:24 pm   Permalink

Nice! I've never seen that one before!

Rob

View Profile of Ghostsoldier Send a personal message to Ghostsoldier  Email Ghostsoldier     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 29 days ago; 08:15 am   Permalink

<Shakes sleep from eyes>

Hmmmm what's this? Interesting info...

Well folks, after many a year away from the Tiki Gardens Memorial Website, a trip
to Tiki Oasis and seeing all the old faces and catching the spirit of rum and good times, I think it's time I get the website back to some semblance of it's former, netscape html editor, glory.

Suggestions for a good webpage editor and FTP program are welcome.

As to TG trademark rights, I'll look into it.

One of the ( among many ) good moments was being able to thank Otto in person for his help in the initial push for a tiki at the original site.

http://home.earthlink.net/~tikigardens/page1.html

Off to work for now, but I'll start going through my old files and trying to get what was a semi organic site that flowed into new pages as info was discovered...

[ This Message was edited by: TikiGardener 2014-08-22 08:17 ]

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ghostsoldier

Posted: 29 days ago; 3:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-08-22 08:15, TikiGardener wrote:
<Shakes sleep from eyes>

Hmmmm what's this? Interesting info...

Well folks, after many a year away from the Tiki Gardens Memorial Website, a trip
to Tiki Oasis and seeing all the old faces and catching the spirit of rum and good times, I think it's time I get the website back to some semblance of it's former, netscape html editor, glory.

Suggestions for a good webpage editor and FTP program are welcome.

As to TG trademark rights, I'll look into it.

One of the ( among many ) good moments was being able to thank Otto in person for his help in the initial push for a tiki at the original site.

http://home.earthlink.net/~tikigardens/page1.html

Off to work for now, but I'll start going through my old files and trying to get what was a semi organic site that flowed into new pages as info was discovered...

[ This Message was edited by: TikiGardener 2014-08-22 08:17 ]

Awesome news, TG....I go over there all the time, hoping for some new updates on the old website, but was beginning to think it would never happen...now, I'm stoked to hear that you might be breathing some new life into it again....sweet!

Rob

[ This Message was edited by: Ghostsoldier 2014-08-22 15:27 ]

Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 29 days ago; 3:34 pm   Permalink

Great news indeed. Nothing like a little Tiki Oasis revival! Having an image from Tiki Gardens as the logo for Tiki Pop doesn't hurt the enthusiasm either!

Let me know if you want scans of postcards, brochures, photos etc. from my collection for the updated webpage.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation