FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Tiki Gardens, Indian Rocks Beach/Indian Shores, FL (restaurant)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Tiki Gardens, Indian Rocks Beach/Indian Shores, FL (restaurant)
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-15 9:36 pm   Permalink

Holy shizzit!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Tiki-Gardens-License-Plate-Topper-Sign-Florida_W0QQitemZ180073551865QQihZ008QQcategoryZ29460QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Oh my frikkin gawd....

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-16 5:31 pm   Permalink

Yikes! That looked like a bloody battle...good they have a payment plan!

But since when is e-bay doing THIS?:

"As the internet evolves, eBay continues to strike a balance between preserving transparency and protecting our Community of members. eBay has decided to change how bid history information is displayed so bad guys cannot target bidders with fake offers using this information. In certain cases, some bidders will no longer be able to view Bidder User IDs on the Bid History page. Your User ID will be shown only to you and the seller of the item you're bidding on. Other members will see an anonymous name, such as Bidder 1, applied consistently to the Bid History page."

Bummer, now I can't see which friends are bidding, and which won!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-16 9:13 pm   Permalink

I saw that ebay policy also... kinda weird.

But hey if the winner was from TC, I'd love a nice clear shot of that!

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matterhorn1959
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-27 5:09 pm   Permalink

Here is an early brochure for the Tiki Gardens. I find it interesting after reading Tiki Gardner's website that this is from The Signal House. When did they change to just Tiki Gardens?

View Profile of Matterhorn1959 Send a personal message to Matterhorn1959  Goto the website of Matterhorn1959     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-28 6:28 pm   Permalink

The signal House was originally the shop Trader Frank and Jo byars had. A fire burnt it to the ground. But what remained largely unscathed was a small polynesian garden that Trader Frank had planted. They decided to rebuild the Signal House shops bigger and better, and to massively expand Trader Frank's "Tiki" Gardens.

But the main shop was still called The Signal House. Along with the Basket House, Boutiki, The Oriental House, The Tahiti Hut, etc etc...

Nice Flyer by the way! Might I use it for the site if I can ever get around to redesigining all the pages earthlink lost?

http://exotic-tiki-gardens.com

TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-29 9:19 pm   Permalink

to see all that remains now just click this 360 degree link.

http://www.pinellascounty.org/virtual_tours/tiki_general.htm

Matterhorn1959
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-31 06:01 am   Permalink

Hey Tiki Gardner- no problem. Let me know if you want larger images...

View Profile of Matterhorn1959 Send a personal message to Matterhorn1959  Goto the website of Matterhorn1959     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-10 12:39 pm   Permalink

http://maps.yahoo.com/index.php#tp=undefined&tt=196th%20ave,%20indian%20shores,fla&trf=0&mvt=s&lon=-82.845803&lat=27.854017&mag=1

Yahoo maps of the site as it is now. You can see the one remaing inlet (lagoon). And lots of parking lot.

http://exotic-tiki-gardens.com

TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-26 7:57 pm   Permalink

The following is a little excerpt of why I've maintained some form of Memorial to Tiki Gardens for the last 7 years. I recieved an email from someone who had spent a memorable visit to Tiki Gardens many years ago...

"I was absolutley thrilled to see this website here and it definatley brought back alot of memories for me.Thank you for making this time possible,you,ll never know how much it meant to actually relive those times through these pictures on this site,it amost like its still there.Thank you soo much again...."

http://www.exotic-tiki-gardens

TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-25 2:57 pm   Permalink

Well, long ago when I was first compiling the memorial, there was a referance in a quote by Trader Frank to a sign describing the legend of the Tiki Gods. I never thought I'd get an image og that sign... But...

A little photoshopped, but there we go.

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-25 5:02 pm   Permalink

Great sign! There you have it! It's all due to those white men with big boners!

Signed

...wait, did I misread something?

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-25 7:22 pm   Permalink

Heh!

Heres my rework of a pin I have from Tiki Gardens...

I use it now for my myspace "thanks for the add" image.

sputnikmoss
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-12 12:00 pm   Permalink

I wanted to post the link to the Florida State Photo archive. They have some awesome vintage photos of Tiki Gardens as well as other roadside attractions.
http://www.floridamemory.com/PhotographicCollection/

[ This Message was edited by: sputnikmoss 2009-01-12 12:01 ]

View Profile of sputnikmoss Send a personal message to sputnikmoss  Email sputnikmoss Goto the website of sputnikmoss     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-01-13 3:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-01-12 12:00, sputnikmoss wrote:
I wanted to post the link to the Florida State Photo archive. They have some awesome vintage photos of Tiki Gardens as well as other roadside attractions.
http://www.floridamemory.com/PhotographicCollection/

What a great site! I was born and raised on the panhandle and I just cruised the search for some memories, and i found this photo of the Billy Bowlegs festival in 1969 that took place in my hometown, Fort Walton...

Hey, I thought that Crazy Al was younger than me?

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-13 4:49 pm   Permalink

not my auction......but did anyone else get one of these on ebay?? they are supposedly vintage dead stock....there are a few left.

http://cgi.ebay.com/TIKI-GARDENS-Vintage-bumper-sticker-Perfect-L-K_W0QQitemZ260338587113QQihZ016QQcategoryZ14029QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

[ This Message was edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2009-01-13 16:51 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tipsy mcstagger 2009-01-14 05:19 ]

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation