[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food My Little Black Book
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
My Little Black Book
Melintur
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-06 3:53 pm   Permalink

I have cocktail napkins with recipes all over the place; This Christmas I got a little black book so I could use it instead (and transcribe all the previous scrawls).

It's perfect - It has little monkeys on it.
TIKI KON 2012: Ten Year Tour! AUG 3-5, 2012: Portland, OR

View Profile of Melintur Send a personal message to Melintur  Email Melintur Goto the website of Melintur ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-06 11:57 pm   Permalink

Just curious, all you guys with the black books. Do you have the recipes in any particular order or what? I too have a lot of recipes all over the place but don't know quiet how to do it right.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-07 08:44 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-06 23:57, hiltiki wrote:
Just curious, all you guys with the black books. Do you have the recipes in any particular order or what? I too have a lot of recipes all over the place but don't know quiet how to do it right.

Don't know about the rest of the Mix-monkeys here...... I have my little book broken down into catagories (classic, tropical, etc...) and then I just add them as I get them. I took a highlighter and marked the page edges for each 'chapter' so I can open to the catagory and just go from there. Maybe not the most organized, but it makes it way easier to add recipes.

OK, now that we have all fessed up to our little black books, anyone willing to share anything from the INSIDE of your treasures? I'll go first.....

Modified Margarita:
1/2 oz fresh lime (a bit more is OK)
1 oz Parfait Amour (lavendar colored orange liquor)
1 1/2 oz Silver Agave Tequilia (I like Milagro)

Shake like hell and strain into cocktail glass. For best presentation salt one-third of the rim, colored sugar on one-third and nothing on the last third.

The Parfair Amour gives the cocktail an odd color but the taste more than makes up for it.

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-07 10:07 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-06 23:57, hiltiki wrote:

That's where a binder, instead of a journal, would come in really handy. Mine's a journal and I just jot down recipes as I find or create them. And since I cannot interchange the pages, they're in the order that I write them in.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GentleHangman
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-07 5:12 pm   Permalink

O used to keep my drink recipes in a small spiral notebook but about 4 years ago I downloaded a free recipe database ("Cooking Aficionado" by Lime Peak) and created a category called "THE BAR IS OPEN" where I transposed all my old recipes and have been adding new ones ever since. When I joined TC, I set up a category simply called "TIKI" where I keep recipes (drinks as well) that I've discovered in this forum. I back it up on a CD. I can Edit, Remove, Include pictures, print and email directly from this program. It works well for my needs.

GENT

View Profile of GentleHangman Send a personal message to GentleHangman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-02-09 06:42 am   Permalink

Here's the website for Lime Peak's free "Cooking Aficionado" recipe database: http://www.limepeak.com/ca/
I downloaded it yesterday and I like what I see so far.

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GentleHangman
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-09 4:42 pm   Permalink

I'm sorry . . . I should have included the site. Thank you for doing so Rum Balls.

GENT

View Profile of GentleHangman Send a personal message to GentleHangman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sporkboyofjustice
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-09 7:20 pm   Permalink

I have no organization scheme at all. Mine isn't focused, everything is in there: drinks, soups, baked goods. One after the other in the order that I work on them. I know it's a bad idea but that's how I roll when in the kitchen, fast and loose (except the pages are bound...).

View Profile of sporkboyofjustice Send a personal message to sporkboyofjustice  Goto the website of sporkboyofjustice     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-10 8:49 pm   Permalink

Thanks for all the info everyone.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation