FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars VampTiki Lounge
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
VampTiki Lounge
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-07 3:07 pm   Permalink

I have a long way to go in putting my lounge together, but thought I would post a couple of pictures of my new book cases and my bamboo bar. I still need to build an overhead thatched stem-ware holder and a back bar. But the cieling in this room is 16 feet high so I have lots of room for tiki art!!! Feedback gladly encouraged.

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2007-06-17 17:03 ]

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2007-01-07 5:23 pm   Permalink

I like it.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-07 5:27 pm   Permalink

Thanks much....I got a long way to go on collecting mugs.....but at least the mugs will have a happy home now.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-07 5:50 pm   Permalink

Great Bar, Great shelves. Wish I had the room for that kind of thing!

Tikisgrl

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-07 6:03 pm   Permalink

fabulous shelves, but I have a stupid question.....

Couldn't you just flip one set upside down and have them meet in the middle and look like one really big piece?

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-07 6:53 pm   Permalink

Yes, you are probably right, I do need to play around with them some more....I was originally going to use them for the bar-back, but they make better mug/book holders. Here are some picks of my bamboo shelves...these are not organized either, so excuuuuuz the mess.

JAMES BOND: Yes, but my martini is still dry.

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2007-01-07 18:54 ]

tekoteko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-07 6:53 pm   Permalink

Looks Great Vamp! The shelves are really neat! Of course your kitsch will come with time...but you've got a good start on that!

TT

View Profile of tekoteko Send a personal message to tekoteko  Email tekoteko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-07 7:35 pm   Permalink

Nice digs!

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-01-07 7:59 pm   Permalink

VERY Nice! I am really impressed with what you have so far. it has a great vintage look to it with a smattering of modern. I think you are on the right track.

[ This Message was edited by: PiPhiRho 2007-01-07 20:00 ]

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-08 04:06 am   Permalink

Thanks for the feedback...good to know I am heading in the right direction. I also think it will be good to take my time to be sure I get things set up the right way early on. I will have to move that big framed world map in order to build the bar-back, but I have wall space elsewhere in my house to hang it. Here are the last pictures for now. This is the table where many a card game is played with my cheatin', drinkin' cussin' girlfriends. I find if I stay sober....I can win a few times.

Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-08 04:11 am   Permalink

All very nice stuff. Especially like the bar and the bar stools.

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-08 09:21 am   Permalink

Looks like you need some art for your walls!

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-08 7:54 pm   Permalink

No kidding.....just catching a few mugs up front and then once the lounge is more stable....I can figure out what art I want. Please do try to stop me from shopping....LOL

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-01 7:31 pm   Permalink

I am working on some storage options behind my bar and can handle that work myself, but am in need of some help in the way of carpentry for over my bar. Excuse this goofy picture, but it was all I could find that somewhat looks like what I want. I need a custom made overhead stemware storage rack/thatch roof thingy. My bar is in the first picture on this thread. It is curved, so I would like the top area to match that in shape, then need that hut look on top. I've asked a couple of folks about the design of this and agree that it should not be attached physically to my bar, but should have its own legs to stand on (which will need to be fairly strong (probably poles). I have found several links for the stemware holders, so I can order those ahead of time, once a design is drawn up. If anyone is remotely interested in doing this project please pm me. Muchas Gracias Rum Luvers!!!

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-01 8:18 pm   Permalink

Looking GREAT so far! Your pad is gonna look POPPIN when you finally finish it! All the elements are coming together!Very STOKED for you! You'll get that over the bar thing solved in no time! You TCers and your resourcefulness and creativity amaze me! You go girl!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation