FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars VampTiki Lounge
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
VampTiki Lounge
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-06-23 10:19 pm   Permalink

I was going Hawaiian in the Mother Unit's place, but she didn't like the wallpaper so I had it removed and it is just plain now. The room is furnished with the first bedroom set she and my Dad ever had from the 50's. Full bed, 2 side tables, chest of drawers and vanity. I think it is an ash veneer...very nice looking.

I am also blessed to have that awesome TV Marq. There was a warehouse sale that TV held about 3 years ago and Tikiphiles came from near and far attended to purchase fabulous treasures. Mike Remmel originally bought him. When he downsized and sold off some of his collection, I snagged the Marq. He is delightfully happy in his corner overlooking the Bali Hai Dining Room and the VampTiki Lounge.

Just keep checking all your sources and a map will come your way some day. I have been wanting that for eons. If it is meant to be, it will happen.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-08-03 3:11 pm   Permalink

New entry way rug...release the Kraken and fabulous plank carvings by Andy (McTiki).

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-03 5:04 pm   Permalink

Very nice!

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-03 5:59 pm   Permalink

Nice rug and nice carvings.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-03 8:47 pm   Permalink

Vamp- u got a lot o McTiki in da house

Awesome...

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-08-03 9:16 pm   Permalink

That is true...it may turn into a McHouse.

Longboard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-04 10:02 am   Permalink

Vamp,

Nice carvings.

Your place is really inviting.

-Longboard

View Profile of Longboard Send a personal message to Longboard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-10 11:02 am   Permalink

Wow Marlene,

Not only do the 10 pages of your Vamptiki Lounge tell me how long it's been since I spent much time on TC but your place has become even more amazing!
It also tells me how long it's been since I was able to see it in person.
Great job.

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-10 12:39 pm   Permalink

awesome as always!!!!! we need to see the mother unit room!!!!

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 9 days ago; 5:43 pm   Permalink

I will sneak into her room and get some pictures when I can...her furniture is very plain but total 50's. I have thoughts for decorating that room some day in the future and am collecting art to do that with. I am going with an underwater theme. Artsy fartsy fishy critters on the walls....gotta find some MCM lamps with an ocean theme...but not is a hurry. so plenty of time to shop.

I need a different chandelier in my Bali Hai Dining Room. I am thinking a big World Globe with some Tikis, so probably going to have to draw my design and have someone make it for me. That is also a project for the future...but my brain is brewing.

I also need a male Tiki for the other column in my entry way. I am thinking a 6 or 7 foot Ku would look great...another future purchase I need to make.

I have some new art work I need to get framed too for the lounge and the dining room.

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2 days ago; 9:25 pm   Permalink

I have been buying more mugs lately (imagine that) and think I need to move the real drinking glasses off my bamboo stands so I can start placing more mugs there as they are outgrowing the current wall racks. That means I really need to get an overhead glass storage unit built over my bar, so all my drinking glasses will be above the bar. I think it needs to be wood/metal/bamboo. Needs to be sturdy, the poles can rest on the top of my bar...need to store stemware and glasses. I wonder if I should get some iron works place to build the frame...just not sure what to do. As usual, I am never in a hurry so will have time to think about it. Wish I had carpentry skills!!!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation