FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars VampTiki Lounge
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
VampTiki Lounge
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-06-23 10:19 pm   Permalink

I was going Hawaiian in the Mother Unit's place, but she didn't like the wallpaper so I had it removed and it is just plain now. The room is furnished with the first bedroom set she and my Dad ever had from the 50's. Full bed, 2 side tables, chest of drawers and vanity. I think it is an ash veneer...very nice looking.

I am also blessed to have that awesome TV Marq. There was a warehouse sale that TV held about 3 years ago and Tikiphiles came from near and far attended to purchase fabulous treasures. Mike Remmel originally bought him. When he downsized and sold off some of his collection, I snagged the Marq. He is delightfully happy in his corner overlooking the Bali Hai Dining Room and the VampTiki Lounge.

Just keep checking all your sources and a map will come your way some day. I have been wanting that for eons. If it is meant to be, it will happen.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-08-03 3:11 pm   Permalink

New entry way rug...release the Kraken and fabulous plank carvings by Andy (McTiki).

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-03 5:04 pm   Permalink

Very nice!

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-03 5:59 pm   Permalink

Nice rug and nice carvings.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-03 8:47 pm   Permalink

Vamp- u got a lot o McTiki in da house

Awesome...

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-08-03 9:16 pm   Permalink

That is true...it may turn into a McHouse.

Longboard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-04 10:02 am   Permalink

Vamp,

Nice carvings.

Your place is really inviting.

-Longboard

View Profile of Longboard Send a personal message to Longboard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-10 11:02 am   Permalink

Wow Marlene,

Not only do the 10 pages of your Vamptiki Lounge tell me how long it's been since I spent much time on TC but your place has become even more amazing!
It also tells me how long it's been since I was able to see it in person.
Great job.

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-10 12:39 pm   Permalink

awesome as always!!!!! we need to see the mother unit room!!!!

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-09-07 5:43 pm   Permalink

I will sneak into her room and get some pictures when I can...her furniture is very plain but total 50's. I have thoughts for decorating that room some day in the future and am collecting art to do that with. I am going with an underwater theme. Artsy fartsy fishy critters on the walls....gotta find some MCM lamps with an ocean theme...but not is a hurry. so plenty of time to shop.

I need a different chandelier in my Bali Hai Dining Room. I am thinking a big World Globe with some Tikis, so probably going to have to draw my design and have someone make it for me. That is also a project for the future...but my brain is brewing.

I also need a male Tiki for the other column in my entry way. I am thinking a 6 or 7 foot Ku would look great...another future purchase I need to make.

I have some new art work I need to get framed too for the lounge and the dining room.

VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-09-14 9:25 pm   Permalink

I have been buying more mugs lately (imagine that) and think I need to move the real drinking glasses off my bamboo stands so I can start placing more mugs there as they are outgrowing the current wall racks. That means I really need to get an overhead glass storage unit built over my bar, so all my drinking glasses will be above the bar. I think it needs to be wood/metal/bamboo. Needs to be sturdy, the poles can rest on the top of my bar...need to store stemware and glasses. I wonder if I should get some iron works place to build the frame...just not sure what to do. As usual, I am never in a hurry so will have time to think about it. Wish I had carpentry skills!!!

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-09-18 9:05 pm   Permalink

I love McTiki's work. They look great. What a cool rug. You've done a lot since we were last there. See you in a couple of weeks, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-09-18 9:11 pm   Permalink

so glad to see that Octopi are "excepted" as tiki, cuz Ive got a bunch in my bath room!!!! wish I had room for that rug its killer!
Also, where does one find a McTiki carving? those are way cute!!!!
is your bike still hanging from the ceiling too???

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-10-12 11:36 am   Permalink

Here is my latest acquisition from Kevin Murray...7 ft Ku. Will be getting it delivered in the future and it will be in my entry way across from VampTiki.

TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-10-14 07:17 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-10-12 11:36, VampiressRN wrote:
Here is my latest acquisition from Kevin Murray...7 ft Ku. Will be getting it delivered in the future and it will be in my entry way across from VampTiki.

That tiki is awesome! It must weigh a ton (or two).... Killer rug too, is it one of a kind?

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation