FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars VampTiki Lounge
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
VampTiki Lounge
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-07-09 7:11 pm   Permalink

Changes...changes...changes. I have decided not to move forward with the ceiling project at this time, too many complications and don't want to rush it. Will just store my piece of Tapa and do it another time in the future. Probably going to go ahead and hang the lights up though as I need a little ambiance in there. Additionally I have a couple of new pieces of art to hang in there too.

Mr Marquesan (in all of his 10 foot glory) is going to get bolted in the corner of my dining room though. My contractor will do that in about another week and I am sure the Tiki will be happy too as he is just tied to a pillar in my entry way and I can't even see his beautiful face. I have decided to go with maps in the dining room, already have one large one in there, so have two medium sized ones to hang and also another giant one still getting framed at Aaron Bros. I love maps, so that will feel comfortable. I promise to take pictures when all the dining room work is done.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-10 12:44 pm   Permalink

Can't wait to see pictures!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-10 4:41 pm   Permalink

Saw a sign and thought of your bar

Vamp'd

I'll try to get a pic soon...

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-02 4:57 pm   Permalink

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-03 05:46 am   Permalink

Thanks Hang10...great sign, I appreciate you posting it.

The TV Marquesan has been quite a chore for my handyman. It has a bolt sticking out of the back of its neck so after months of looking for a nut to screw on to it so it could then be attached to another piece of pipe on the wall we could not find anything that fit. I suggested drilling through the bolt and running a cable through it to secure to some eye hooks in the corner of the wall...so that is underway. My handyman had to get a new drill and use oil to drill a hole in that bolt (quite a task). I think he is coming over today to put the eye hooks in the corner. Then need to get a team together to move the extremely heavy Tiki about 20 feet over into the corner and cable him up. I am hoping I get to see him secured in the corner before I leave for Oasis and also the additional artwork up on the walls.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-03 05:52 am   Permalink

Vamp, just wait until the upcoming Crawl and you'll have lots of (drunk) people to help move that heavy tiki!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-19 02:15 am   Permalink

An email from my handyman indicates Mr Marquesan is now ensconced in his corner in the dining room. I'll be eager to see him when I get home from Oasis...he was also hanging my giant swizzle stick and my Marq Travelers and 2 pieces of framed art.
DOING THE HAPPY DANCE...will post pics later.

littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-19 06:12 am   Permalink

Can't wait to see some new pics of the dining room updates.

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-11 09:09 am   Permalink

more vamp stuff in Vegas...

VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-09-11 9:10 pm   Permalink

Thanks hang10. My handyman is going to move a couple of large framed maps around in my dining room tomorrow and I will try to snag some photos this weekend. Mr Marquesan looks quit comfy in his spot and actually has some fake fauna to help blend in to the decor. I got a little cleaning up to do in the lounge then should be ready to get some pics in there before the crawl. Got my Marq Travelers and my Giant Swizzle up too...wooooooopy!!!

TikiTie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-05 2:55 pm   Permalink

Maybe your handyman can build a surround for the fridge. From there, decorate it any way you want. As fir the doors...automotive paint. Take them off and go to a body shop. Mid century seafoam green and white pin striping with your bar's name?

View Profile of TikiTie Send a personal message to TikiTie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-11-05 6:56 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the suggestions. I hope to have money drop from heaven some day so I can snag an Elmira or Big Chill fridge...green would be my dream.

VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-03 2:47 pm   Permalink

I am so thrilled...just purchased a Witco World Map which will go in my dining room. That is a room still under decor changes but has my 10 foot SF Trader Vic's Marquesan in the corner and is predominantly maps. The Witco will go on the wall behind where I took this photo from above an antique mirror.

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-03 7:09 pm   Permalink

V
Great, where did u find it?

Jon

VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-03 9:13 pm   Permalink

The wonderful world of Facebook brought it my way. I guess I was in the right place at the right time with the right mula...dreams do come true when you are an Internet junkie like me...LOL. I'll get a picture of it once my handyman gets it up.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation