FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » Cityof Laguna Hills Says NO thatch!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Cityof Laguna Hills Says NO thatch!
Hau 'oli Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-15 09:24 am   Permalink

Thank you Greenman! I like the guide and plans included on Fiber Thatch's web site! To quote from their comparision table: "A fully packed 40ft. container packed with Fiber Thatch® material cover a roof area of 3696 m²" Hmmmm....Me thinks my entire house, which needs to be reroofed this Spring, should have a new thatch roof! That'd toast their buns.

We may have found an inspector, through my pop's friend, that will come out and show us what to do and then sign off on the whole thing. Pop's friend sent us an e mail containing the name of the brand of cigars the inspector craves.

Again...thanks to all for your support, great ideas and input! I love you guys, man!

When the warm weather returns and the Lagoon Lanai is put back to rights, I will have a lil shin dig! You will all be big guests of honor!

View Profile of Hau 'oli Tiki Send a personal message to Hau 'oli Tiki  Email Hau 'oli Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-26 11:24 am   Permalink

I think that FiberThatch (Grass Thatch Tile) is what Disneyland's using to thatch the roof of the control booth for the Tea Cup ride and the Mad Hatter Shop right now.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-08 10:40 pm   Permalink

I am the California Rep for a new artificial thatch. It has a 20 year warranty for waterproofing, texture and color. It has the look, feel and even rustling sound of natural leaves and is UV inhibited. Designed for use in high heat, humidity or freezing. It can be applied as a shingle for sheathed roof structures or with a fixed rail attached directly to rafters for a natural look. Here is what it looks like. I will have my web site up within a few weeks and displays by this spring.

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation