FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace Tiki Fender Acoustics
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Tiki Fender Acoustics
fendertiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-01-12 12:16 pm   Permalink

If by "showroom" you mean my backyard, and by "a monkey to play the bongos all day" you mean me, you're both right on!!!

View Profile of fendertiki Send a personal message to fendertiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-12 12:56 pm   Permalink

Congrats Doug and Welcome Fendertiki, come on in and stay awhile. The tiki-coustics are gonna be phenomenal. Way to go

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-12 2:11 pm   Permalink

Very cool guitars! Good work Doug!

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-12 4:05 pm   Permalink

Way to go, Doug! What beautiful art on the guitars too! Congratulations on a great project.... I knew those Fender guys were alright too! My '52 Reissue tele is my main guitar, so there you have a great product with great artwork on it. Now we just have to find out what Holden has up his sleeve!

www.samgambino.com

[ This Message was edited by: sam gambino 2007-01-12 16:29 ]

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-12 9:01 pm   Permalink

Wow, Doug! Outstanding! Congrats on boosting our genre in the music industry. Maybe I missed it, but how many of these jewels will be produced?

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-12 9:45 pm   Permalink

Can't wait to see one in person.

Great work as always Doug!!

View Profile of Moki Send a personal message to Moki  Email Moki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-13 09:37 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-12 10:16, fendertiki wrote:
Yep, it's so...I'm 6'5", and Doug makes me look up!

Thanks everyone for the comments I really appreciate it.

Ron, Hank and Holden, my tallness is all done with smoke and mirrors, I'm actually the size of Mini Me. Take a picture at just the right angle and you'll see.

Aaron, last I heard Ron said 600 of each guitar. Not set in stone I'm sure.

Quote:

On 2007-01-12 10:37, RevBambooBen wrote:

Now Fender needs a Tiki Hut built in their showroom to display
these correctly!

hint...hint...

Ron, we all have to take a field trip down the the Kon Tiki in Tucson and you can see BambooBens handy work.

Below is a better image of the Monkey Business piece.

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-13 10:16 am   Permalink

CoooooooooooooooL.................

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hot Lava
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-14 09:07 am   Permalink

Any announcements about prices yet?

View Profile of Hot Lava Send a personal message to Hot Lava  Email Hot Lava     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-14 09:37 am   Permalink

Thanks for the Monkey Biz blowup!

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-14 4:56 pm   Permalink

That is incredible work and a very cool promotional/instrument.

Bob Benedetto, who was working with Fender for a while, has been here at the Lagoon Lounge a few times, once with tikiconvert, and mentioned that there were a few tiki-freaks at Fender.

I had no idea. Wow.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fendertiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-01-17 3:21 pm   Permalink

Hey Doug...I've been to the Kon Tiki, and Ben's work is AMAZING...And, the drinks weren't bad either!

Now on to more pedestrian matters! The Tiki guitars are going to be released one per quarter, 600 pieces per design. MSRP on the guitars will be approximately $575, and should be available nationwide...More details on that to follow. If TC-ites desire, I can put up a link later to a site that will have participating dealers, making them easier to find.

Anyway, I'll post photos later in the week of the display with the Tiki-coustics. Thanks to Holden W. for sending me out a bevy of Tiki display items for use in our display. Hey, it's gotta be right!

And "Sperm Whale"...I'll be around on Saturday, please say hello when you stop by!

Mahalo...

fendertiki...Aka Ron K.

View Profile of fendertiki Send a personal message to fendertiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-17 6:58 pm   Permalink

So when are we going to see a Fender/Tiki Farm project guys?

[ This Message was edited by: hewey 2007-01-17 18:59 ]

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
frostiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-18 07:43 am   Permalink

Is that illustrator or photoshop your using there on the computer? I'm jealous either way. Very cool indeed.

View Profile of frostiki Send a personal message to frostiki  Email frostiki Goto the website of frostiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fendertiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-01-19 10:10 am   Permalink

Ahhhh....Namm. Thought maybe, just maybe somebody would be interested in pics of the launch of the Tikicoustics...

Thanks again, Holden...You totally ROCK, Fender style...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation