FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food In search of: Black Magic!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
In search of: Black Magic!
Hurricane Hayward
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-10-12 09:57 am   Permalink

Tim, here's one from last night. Forgive the shameless plug for Hulaween. Unfortunately, the transporter wasn't working.

I have a theory about the mix that may be used. Needs further investigation but it makes perfect sense.

To be continued ...

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-21 11:17 am   Permalink

It took a while, but after thorough testing in the lab I've come to the conclusion that Don's Spices #2 (allspice dram and vanilla syrup) is included in the Black Magic. The full report is now included on the blog:
http://www.slammie.com/atomicgrog/blog/2012/04/04/mai-kai-cocktail-review-the-black-magic-emerges-from-the-shadows-as-a-true-classic/#tribute

Okole maluna!

Featuring The Mai-Kai Cocktail Guide

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CincyTikiCraig
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-21 2:21 pm   Permalink

Great work, as always Hurricane! I can't wait to try the updated recipe.

View Profile of CincyTikiCraig Send a personal message to CincyTikiCraig      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GentleHangman
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-21 3:00 pm   Permalink

I have tried Hurricane's latest version of the Mai Kai's infamous Black Magic utilizing 1tsp of Don's Spices #2 ( I made two yesterday), and all I can say is . . . if this version were any closer to the original, I'd be at the Mai Kai drinking it!

Thanks, Hurricane!

GENT

View Profile of GentleHangman Send a personal message to GentleHangman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
happy buddha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-21 4:11 pm   Permalink

I was trying to hold off til the weekend on trying the new-improved recipe, but all these posts are just too much temptation.

This may be my favorite cocktail of all time. If it's gotten even better, I may have to fill up an IV bag & just start wheeling it around w/ me...

View Profile of happy buddha Send a personal message to happy buddha  Goto the website of happy buddha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation