FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Rum sipping tips needed AKA how to sip rum
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Rum sipping tips needed AKA how to sip rum
TikiLaLe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-13 7:59 pm   Permalink

Sporkboy ....pratice , pratice , pratice !!!!!!

View Profile of TikiLaLe Send a personal message to TikiLaLe  Email TikiLaLe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-16 2:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-13 15:39, sporkboyofjustice wrote:

That's also a good point on keeping a journal. I should be keeping a wine journal anyway so I'll pick one of those up and use it for wine and rum.

I'll probably start putting other stuff in my journal, too. Liqueurs and stuff that I like, that sort of thing. I find it very entertaining to compare things of the same type, like orange curacao and other orange liqueurs. I tried some Bols Orange Curacao side by side with Seniors. No competition. The Seniors actually tastes like orange, and the Bols sort of tastes like, well, orange flavored gasoline (napalm?). I've got some Grand Marnier and Cointreau to try as well. Should be fun. Just thought you might like the idea, especially if you're keeping notes on wine, too. Why not a journal of all types of alcohol? ha!

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-17 10:00 am   Permalink

Quote:

... I've got some Grand Marnier and Cointreau to try as well. Should be fun. ...

You are going to like the Cointreau after tasting the Bols. Gran Marnier is a little weak overall in flavor, but I find it to be refreshing served over crushed ice.

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-17 11:57 am   Permalink

I didn't see anything specific, but you might look around The Ministry of Rum for tips. They have a message board on eGullet as well. There is a link to that on their site.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arobinson19
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-01-20 05:41 am   Permalink

Cruzan Diamond Dark Rum is an amazing bottle. Also is their navy edition black strap rum.

View Profile of arobinson19 Send a personal message to arobinson19  Email arobinson19     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-20 08:05 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-20 05:41, arobinson19 wrote:
Cruzan Diamond Dark Rum is an amazing bottle. Also is their navy edition black strap rum.

Tell us more about the Black Strap. I found it to be a bit overly sweet from the molassas start, but that is just my taste. Tell us what you like about and it why.

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation