FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Westenhaver descendamt?
Westenhaver descendamt?
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-05-17 05:42 am   Permalink

I came across this Witco-esque wall mask on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=872785322

The seller claims to be related to William Westenhaver. Anyone have any info on this person?

~ tikigreg

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMaxton
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-05-17 12:54 pm   Permalink

Wow, that's a pretty good Witco copy, though the fabric is hideous IMHO.

Sven, did Bill mention a grandson-in-law to whom he's teaching the ropes? Interesting...

View Profile of TikiMaxton Send a personal message to TikiMaxton  Email TikiMaxton Goto the website of TikiMaxton ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-05-17 3:31 pm   Permalink

What is IMHO? I don't know, I kinda like it...Remember, with Witco, bad taste is part of the style (see BOT Picasso quote).

It's his granddaughter, she came over when I was showing Bill and his wife the Marquesas slide show while staying at their house north of Seattle. She's married with children, and is an e-bay seller on the side. When she was trying to sell that Viking ship a couple of weeks ago I e-mailed her that she should wait til my book is out, and that probably only Witco TIKI stuff would sell on e0bay right now.
Looks like she needs some money and got busy. She really must have picked this up from her grandad, because it looks pretty authentic.
Maybe Bosko, who I was going to call the "heir" of Witco in my book, got some competition now, let's see how she does...

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMaxton
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-05-17 4:15 pm   Permalink

Sven -

In cyber-shorthand, IMHO= "In my humble opinion". like LOL = "Laughing out loud". Abbreviations used primarily in chatroom but have spilled out to listservs, forums and groups in recent times...

I wish Bill's grandaughter luck. She seems to have a knack for it.

View Profile of TikiMaxton Send a personal message to TikiMaxton  Email TikiMaxton Goto the website of TikiMaxton ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fatuhiva
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-05-19 03:01 am   Permalink

Looks great to me!

View Profile of fatuhiva Send a personal message to fatuhiva      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation