FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Clysdalle's art ..FINISHED...New Islander Headhunter painting complete with process pics!!.. pg.67!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 Next Page )
Clysdalle's art ..FINISHED...New Islander Headhunter painting complete with process pics!!.. pg.67!!
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-25 2:47 pm   Permalink

Thanks Liz!

If you love that samurai...check this guy out. 16x20 All Paint pen on clayboard, no digital stuff here...This is what I was working on till 2am Christmas eve while I tried to stake out and catch Santa. Just finished some touch up this morning and he's done.

Judgment of the Samurai

[ This Message was edited by: Clysdalle 2009-12-25 14:48 ]

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-28 08:20 am   Permalink

Judgment of the Samurai?
What kind of title is that?
he's obviously already tried the dragon
found him guilty of not being "tiki" enough for this forum
and has dealt out the punishment...
More like applying the penalty
than a judgment....

Merry Christmas Dave!
Hope Santa will bring you more Tiki books
and less Posada and Samurai stuff for the Holidays!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-28 9:38 pm   Permalink

is that black ink on white board? Your line work continues to amaze.

Hey did you sell these already?

If not can you pm me the prices?

Thanks!

[ This Message was edited by: leleliz 2009-12-28 21:40 ]

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-28 11:47 pm   Permalink

A Death headed Samurai battling a Dragon? Sounds like Christmas to me!
Love it! I see it as a large tattoo on some big mook soon, no doubt!
K. Angel Pilago (Hawaiian Elder & my personal Yoda)

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-14 9:09 pm   Permalink

Well it's been a few weeks but I've been busy and there is some tike stuff!

but....it's not scanned yet, so you'll have to wait!

But now for some bigger news...First up, just released, the shirt design I did for Jesse James and the WCC Garage crew is finally available in a limited run and is sellin out fast. It was a fun collaboration and looking forward to more projects like this! They have already moved a ton in the first day, more then anybody thought so I'm really stoked about it.

http://westcoastchoppers.com/limited-edition-garage-tee/

I also got these 2 Guadalupe studies done for a full custom motorcycle design I have coming into the studio next week!

and lastly..here is a commission I did for xmas...for a soldier requested by his mother. The MLU on the front of the helmet stands for "Mommy Love U" hahahah...fun piece....

8x10

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
metaltiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-01-14 9:15 pm   Permalink

Very sweet stuff

View Profile of metaltiki Send a personal message to metaltiki  Email metaltiki Goto the website of metaltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-15 05:31 am   Permalink

All nice stuff! I really like the colored Guadalupe. Nice time lapse drawing vid on the link!
I can't wait to see the 'tike' stuff, and I don't even know what 'tike' IS!!!

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-15 08:08 am   Permalink

hahaha....see it's been so long I can't even spell it!

Skinny Dog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-15 09:02 am   Permalink

Awesome stuff Dave. Are they selling the tshirts at WCC here in the LBC? I want to swing by and get a couple!

Jen

View Profile of Skinny Dog Send a personal message to Skinny Dog  Email Skinny Dog Goto the website of Skinny Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-15 09:26 am   Permalink

Sorry SD, they're only available online and only a few XLs and 2XLs are left

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-15 10:14 am   Permalink

Being a former member of the Marine Corps
I take personal offense at your depiction
of a Marine as a skeleton....
Doesn't that mean DEATH?
I sure hope that lady's boy doesn't get seriously hurt or killed while on tour
because then your painting will be a hurtful reminder of that...
Being in the Corps,us marines hated death...
Not because it meant an end to life
But it seriously hampers our mission
as fighting machines....

So.... you've not only pissed off Hispanics
with a pure co-opt of their culture (even mi spelling "Bandido" as "Bandito")
and the Asians (a Samurai CHOPPING up a Dragon...one of their more beloved symbols)
Now you're taking shots at jarheads!
And don't even get me started on the Virgin of Guadalupe.... as a skeleton?
I wouldn't be surprised if you get pummeled someday
from some BVM worshiper....

i know you refer heavily on tattoo/flash images for ideas
but you have to realize the mentality behind MOST of those tattoos
is bereft of spirit and respect...
Which is fine for a tattoo shop
but hard to reach an uplifting High Art standard
that all artists should pursue....
May i suggest THINKING first about a subject....
about its meaning and what it means to the original owners of that ideal
before stomping around their playing fields?

Most of us here on TIKE Central only exploit one genre...
TIKI in its polypop manifestation
We base work here on America's original exploitation of Oceanic arts and the Exotic
or revivals of original tribal art
Seeking to celebrate and elevate it.....

You seem to be making a career of stereotyping Cultural standards...
i KNOW you can create work a LOT more deep and meaningful than this
without offending some ethnic group or organization...
Time to step up,Dave!
Less time for self-promotion
equals more time to really think ideas through...

There..... i finally said it...
got that load off my chest
i won't bug you anymore.....

SEE YOU ON THE 30TH!

the opinions stated here are strictly the authors and do not reflect the views of any other TC member....

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-15 10:32 am   Permalink

Love that you make so much cash off your talent. Sign of a true artist - getting paid to create and to create more than just one genre of art.

My family are Navy so we generally refer to the Marines as M.y A.ss R.ides I.n N.avy E.quipment - but I am sure the commissioned piece was well received

Funny...someone commissioned you to do it so ...hmm...must mean they WANTED you to depict it the way you did. Seems like the only person you needed to be worried about offending wasn't. Guess that's why they paid you for it!

Thanks for the update on my art. I will post a pic when it comes and I get it on display. Really am glad I could purchase it from ya and am looking forward to the piece I can acquire.

*EDIT*

Hey Dave it came today !

Here is a pic of it on display between the Kit Kat and Swinging Elvis clocks Thanks again. I love it .

[ This Message was edited by: leleliz 2010-01-15 18:28 ]

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
furball
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-01-15 1:30 pm   Permalink

Great stuff Dave... I can always pop in to one of your threads for some inspiration. I want to see your take on bigfoot or yeti... sugar skull style... I won't get offended, I promise.

View Profile of furball Send a personal message to furball      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-15 8:41 pm   Permalink

Kick ass Liz...now I can't wait to see that Tat!!!

I'm in the studio all weekend working on an album cover the band 500 Miles to Memphis....and it's due to the label on MONDAY!!! After that, I have a tiki commission that is ready to roll...so I'll post up some sketches of the ideas and blog/twitter the process pics so peeps can follow along!

Here is the step-by-step from tonight's session...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dlozeau/sets/72157623092276069/

I thought I was going to have a break to get some new work done but the commissions are booking up solid. I can't wait to work on my clown painting next week for the "Send in the Clowns" show...till then, back into the studio! For all the twitter peeps give me a follow and check out the action! www.twitter.com/davidlozeau

[ This Message was edited by: Clysdalle 2010-01-15 20:41 ]

Skinny Dog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-16 10:55 am   Permalink

Quote:
Being a former member of the Marine Corps
I take personal offense at your depiction
of a Marine as a skeleton....
Doesn't that mean DEATH?

Well sort of a wild ramble there K-man,

You need to look in a mirror .

Your by far one of the kings of self promotion on here possibly with 5329 Posts:
I love ya but come on..... even yer jab about "thinking about a piece " before making it ???
no one cranks out more stuff than you in a short time frame .

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder .
Being the son of a Marine , I take no offense nor did my Dad when I showed him a ring we designed for a few local Marines who are in the Marine Corp Motorcycle Club.
Most of the people I know feel that the whole skeleton thing shows a lack of fear for death .
Giving Death the finger kind of...... with a kick ass skull ring by SKINNY DOG DESIGN .
Ya just cant beat that !!!

Also we were hired by a group of firemen right after 911 to create this to show, while they respect death.... they don't fear it

Scott

[ This Message was edited by: Skinny Dog 2010-01-16 13:19 ]

View Profile of Skinny Dog Send a personal message to Skinny Dog  Email Skinny Dog Goto the website of Skinny Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation