FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Maori Moko on life size clay masks
Maori Moko on life size clay masks
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-17 6:45 pm   Permalink

Years ago I wanted to do an art project for the Sacramento Airport. I submitted and was rejected but it was fun anyway. I made 37 life size clay faces and painted them. I said they were passengers past present and future. Anyway the Moko I had on the Maoris always bothered me. I kept doing it over and over.

Benzart said to stop trying to copy designs that have been used and just let the face guide me. So I invented my own MOKO. Here it is, does it work? Wendy

To see the other masks you can go to
www.claytikis.com

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
popz

Posted: 2007-01-29 5:30 pm   Permalink

with moko they are meant to have a meaning, they are meant to tell a story about who the person is, who there family are, where they come from, and also there standing in the community (kaea(leader), warrior etc)

as far as i under stand half moko do not mean a thing (thats for competition performing)
if i were you i would sit down and think about who the masks are... are they important people there for get more details, dont worry about what it looks like, just let the story and the feeling of it flow and everything will come out great

View Profile of popz Send a personal message to popz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation