[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Mondo Tiki... revisited
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Mondo Tiki... revisited
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-09 02:10 am   Permalink

I'm heading up to the Hard Rock tomorrow to meet with those folks. It was mentioned that perhaps Brian Setzer might be headlining the upcoming "Mondo Tiki" event. I'll keep you informed - looks like a go, but there's a lot of cooks in the kitchen to make this happen. If it does, it's the Saturday of Easter weekend.
Holden

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-10 8:20 pm   Permalink

Sounds awesome! Can't wait for the details. Hard Rock Vegas is da kine! Pool area is Mondo Bamboo!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-12 12:01 pm   Permalink

This is gonna be over the top. Suicide-Sam and I were just talking about that weekend.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-12 2:41 pm   Permalink

Hey Holden, there's already going to be a bunch of Tiki Centralites at Vegas that weekend for Viva Las Vegas. When you get your flyers ready we can get those out for you at Viva to spread word on the event.

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-12 10:49 pm   Permalink

Hey Sam & Chiki,
I'll put together something soon - we've got some good stuff in the works! The grounds are FULL-ON TIKI with a major Bali theme. Now Chiki, let's talk 'bout you haulin' up some tikis fer sale/display. I'm in tradeshow mode (yawn...stress!) then I'm diggin in come late January! I'm in charge of the daytime event and all that goes into it so if anybody wants to put in their suggestions, please feel free!
Holden

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mrs. Bamboo Ben
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-01-13 8:54 pm   Permalink

You rock Holden, we'll roll like stones!
Viva!

View Profile of Mrs. Bamboo Ben Send a personal message to Mrs. Bamboo Ben      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-13 11:17 pm   Permalink

I'm already planning and carving the pieces Holden. I might stop by the farm on sat.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-14 9:55 pm   Permalink

Danny,
I won't be there this Saturday - doin' the "deep in the dank trenches of commerce" thing at the LA Gift Show.
Holden

bamboo ben
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-22 08:26 am   Permalink

Got a lttle info out of Holden yesterday at the L.A. gift show (had to fetch him a teriaki bowl for it) and he told me that "Mondo Tiki" is going to be big! Mondo ie; BIG!
712 Yorktown Ave. #20
Huntington Beach, Ca. 92648
Store Hours- Sat. 10-Sunset(ish)
Sun. 11-4ish
Other Hours by appointment 714 960-1860

View Profile of bamboo ben Send a personal message to bamboo ben  Email bamboo ben Goto the website of bamboo ben     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Nui Nui 2
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-01-22 10:15 am   Permalink

My wife called me to rant about traffic as she was late for work and stuck behind some truck getting off the freeway to go to the L.A. Gift Show (she's a sales rep.) Bamboo Ben was all it said.

View Profile of Nui Nui 2 Send a personal message to Nui Nui 2  Email Nui Nui 2     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-22 9:23 pm   Permalink

I told you Ben, that's the only good thing about sitting in traffic. I agree, this thing is gonna be HUGE, I feel it in my bones. I just picked designs for the tikis I am gonna show there. I am gonna drive my poor wife crazy until then.

bamboo ben
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-22 11:32 pm   Permalink

That's funny Nui! Who & what does she rep? That show is crazy! Down in the "Hole" or Kenitia Hall, it's like being in a giant open market (or basement) in like a 3rd world country! Tiki Farm was in South Hall with (a killer booth) and the semi normal people. Never made it to the West Hall, ran out of time. But, Mrs. Boo & I had lunch with Judy aka Bamboo2U and Teresa aka Kilohana. We're gonna start carrying some other tiki bar accessories to go along with the Bamboo Ben Tiki Bars and Tiki Farm mugs, etc.
712 Yorktown Ave. #20
Huntington Beach, Ca. 92648
Store Hours- Sat. 10-Sunset(ish)
Sun. 11-4ish
Other Hours by appointment 714 960-1860

View Profile of bamboo ben Send a personal message to bamboo ben  Email bamboo ben Goto the website of bamboo ben     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-28 11:39 pm   Permalink

It's ink'd. I'm meeting w/the Hard Rock people this Friday to sign the contract (err... it's about to be ink'd). The date is Sat., April 19th - poolside starts at 10am, concert at the Joint is slated for 9pm. More to follow soon!
Holden

MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-03 12:20 am   Permalink

A bit more dirt...
The BSO (Brian Setzer Orchestra) rumors are factual - opening band is slated to be Royal Crown Revue. It's all in negotiations right now - I'm hopin' to get this finalized Tues., 02/04 so I can post some real stuff. The day will be ultra tiki poolside lounge, requisite w/3-4 bands, deep-tiki grounds decor, top floor poly cocktails and as the HR will have it to get their "E Channel/Wild-On" billing, a "Tini Bikini Wahine" competition along with my request for "That F'n Ugly Aloha Shirt" contest. The daytime activities will commence at 10am and go through 8pm (w/a nighttime 9-midnight concert at the Joint) and end w/polynesian fire jugglers/tropical drums. The grounds decor will be a mass collaboration of all tikiphile creators w/some hopeful big' ol smokin' 10+ plus Wayne Coomber's. Appleton's Rum (umm... yumm... hiccup!) is slated to sponsor the alcohol - perhaps TVic's might do the mixers (a great combo!). Shag branded/ltd. event commemorative paraphernelia along w/ ltd. ed. event mugs by Al, Drew, Jimmy C., Squid,
Joe Vitale, Pizzuti, Danny G.. Rumor'd is also Shag gaming layouts (black jack, craps) but that's still got some serious work-up to happen. That's it for now - more to come as it's available.
Holden

Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-03 12:43 am   Permalink

I was just at Bamboo Ben's today and he more or less talked me into going to this Mondo thing. Not that there was a lot of convincing that he had to do. Now that Setzer will play for sure and RCR is opening! I've already started the engine to my car.

By the way, Ben has got the coolest shop and some great stuff. If you're in the area, you gotta stop by.

Can't wait for the info on the Mondo event. I want to get my tickets as soon as possible!

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation