FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Aquarium stand - tiki style. -image heavy
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Aquarium stand - tiki style. -image heavy
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-27 2:15 pm   Permalink

jp,

very nice job! that's a truly different idea. i love it. great stuff from a great artist. let's see some shots with the thatch and the clear water.

typing with just my left index finger sux,

gman

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bete
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-31 6:51 pm   Permalink

Very cool JohnnyP!

View Profile of Bete Send a personal message to Bete      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-01 2:43 pm   Permalink

Excellent stand JP. How long did you say you have been working on it?Super Nice job. Now All you need to do is carve a Moai into one of the Rocks(Live rock?) in the tank. I KNOW You CAN DO IT!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-04 6:23 pm   Permalink

Thanks Gman and Bete

Benart, I forgot about this piece until you mentioned it. But this is a piece of coral I picked up from the beach in Florida two years ago. It kinda looks like a stone carved Moari god stick top.

This is exactly as I found it sitting on the sand.

JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-12 10:35 am   Permalink

Wow very nice JP! A great original idea!! Keep going the worst part is finish already beautifully!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-12 12:51 pm   Permalink

A shell or rock on the beach with natural hole(s) in it is also known as a hagstone, old time pagans believed they had mystic healing powers. I found one that has a few holes arrayed like an animal paw print, it was cool, but not tiki. That head looks pretty swell. I'm also anxious to see your progress on the tiki tank.

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation