[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Great Commercials
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Great Commercials
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-21 11:07 am   Permalink

I actually like commercials.....well only the good ones. There have been some classics over the years, so share some of the ones you liked.

I think the new AXE commercial is a classic. And can anyone name that music...I love it.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3491514307175346438&q=genre%3Aad_promo+axe&hl=en

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-01-21 12:14 pm   Permalink

Neat commercial - very stylish.

The theme reminds me of the old 'Hai Karate' men's cologne TV ads from the 70's. The man would spray some on, and women would suddenly be physically attracted to him, and he would have to use karate moves to fend them off.

One of these ads can be seen at the above google video link ... just do a search for 'Hai Karate tv ad'

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-25 06:48 am   Permalink

Country Club Malt Liquor had this series of adds where some regular guy would be enjoying his beer in harms way, ignoring all that was around him, like in the ring at a bullfight.

Also, the famous spokesperson adds...Eddy from Zacheryall, Mr Blackwell for Carpeteria, Pat Boone for Hoffy (served at Pink's) and of course anything with Cal Worthington and his dog Spot.

View Profile of Gigantalope Send a personal message to Gigantalope  Email Gigantalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mouse Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-08 9:45 pm   Permalink

Just love the VW ones w/the "German" guy all in white [the bad guy from the movie Fargo] They just WRECK the "cool" guys car. Then says stuff like..."We just dropped it like a CHART!" w/a thick accent. Ya, V-Dub, in da house! Funny,EVERY TIME!

View Profile of Mouse Art Send a personal message to Mouse Art  Goto the website of Mouse Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2007-03-08 11:28 pm   Permalink

The infamous Smart Beep commercial definitely ranks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CTaKBjd1ww

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-03-10 08:16 am   Permalink

OMG....hadn't seen that one....it is great!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-16 8:51 pm   Permalink

Couldn't do the Tonga Hut tonight - I'M AT THE OFFICE!?!?! But... I did find a moment to add one of my favorite "parody commercials"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SkeGC-5gXQ

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kikekeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-17 08:11 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-03-16 20:51, MakeDaMug wrote:
Couldn't do the Tonga Hut tonight - I'M AT THE OFFICE!?!?! But... I did find a moment to add one of my favorite "parody commercials"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SkeGC-5gXQ

dude, you got too much time on your hands...

K.

View Profile of kikekeki Send a personal message to kikekeki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
54 house of bamboo

Posted: 2007-03-17 09:58 am   Permalink

Quote:

I think the new AXE commercial is a classic. And can anyone name that music...I love it.

The bikini-clad women?
Dies Irae from Karl Jenkins' album, Requiem. The lyrics are from a Requiem Mass.

View Profile of 54 house of bamboo Send a personal message to 54 house of bamboo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-03-20 9:14 pm   Permalink

Ooooh...thankies 54...may have to Amazon that baby.

MDM....I really feel sorry for that guy....what an awful job to have.

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-05 7:08 pm   Permalink

I am loving this commerical.

donhonyc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-06 12:17 am   Permalink

Here's an oldie but goodie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WxaZovfuOM&mode=related&search=

View Profile of donhonyc Send a personal message to donhonyc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-06 09:31 am   Permalink

Good one. Along those same lines....love the Cap'n Crunch commercials.

54 house of bamboo

Posted: 2007-05-11 12:36 pm   Permalink

A UK classic....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06S24aOqd6Q

It's a beer BTW

View Profile of 54 house of bamboo Send a personal message to 54 house of bamboo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-29 8:45 pm   Permalink

I do like the Geico commercials... Geico Caveman
============================================
OMAHA, Neb. -- ABC has inked a deal that may look a lot like 30-minute weekly ads for an insurance company, ShowBuzz.com reported on Monday.

The cavemen featured in Berkshire Hathaway-owned GEICO car insurance commercials have a cult following. Comedian John Lehr told Newsweek magazine that he has been mobbed by paparazzi that want their own photos taken with him in caveman costume. He plays one of his cavemen in the wildly popular ads.

ShowBuzz.com reported that the creators of "Third Rock From the Sun" have signed a two-year deal with ABC to create a sitcom based on the cavemen. Bill Martin and Mike Schiff reportedly signed a seven-figure pact, which has an option for a third year. They also will develop new projects for ABC TV Studio.

Much like in the ads, the three cavemen will navigate regular modern life from their homes in Atlanta, ShowBuzz reported.

The popularity of the cavemen has been good for GEICO. Newsweek reported that since 1998, sales have jumped to $11 billion from $2.8 billion. The insurer's own site offers caveman merchandise for sale.

Can the cavemen make it as TV stars? The site also allows fans to read the cavemen's blog and tour their apartment on CavemansCrib.com.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation