FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » Official Announcement of Hukilau 2007!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Official Announcement of Hukilau 2007!
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-24 4:18 pm   Permalink

Aloha!! We are so proud to announce
Hukilau 2007 "Experience Polynesia in America's Vacationland"! Come join us for four days of intoxicating tunes, tiki treasures from around the globe, exotic education and once again a magical evening at the historic Mai Kai among other dazzling events and experiences. And of course the entire weekend will be mc'd by Master of Ceremonies King Kukulele and Rock-A-Hula tunes provided by DJ Dr. Scopitone!!

We are so very pleased to announce that Mr. Robert Drasnin will once again be joining us at Hukilau he will perform his latest release, Voodoo II, live for the very first time during our Friday night main event accompanied by some of todays most talented exotica musicians – this is a follow-up to his mesmerizing performance at Hukilau 2005. Visit the Music page on the site for more details.

And equally as exciting is the Bum is back by popular demand! Jeff "Beachbum" Berry will enlighten us all with a seminar and the debut of his new book, "Sippin" Safari.? Be the first to get your copy and have it signed by the Bum himself and be one of the lucky ones that sip on some of the new recipes! Visit the “Special Guests� and the “Schedule� pages on our website for more details.

This year's Hukilau also presents a line-up of many “first-time� (or “virgin�) performers and special guests we are so anxious to share with the tiki community:

- Kevin Kidney/Jody Daily-celebrated artists on the history of Tiki & Disney
- Crazed Mugs from Tampa, FL
- Laramie Dean from Miami, FL
- Trixie Little & the Evil Hate Monkeyfrom Baltimore, MD

Please help us show these folks what The Hukilau is all about!

Be sure to visit the Latest News page for updates about the east coast's largest tiki event! We look forward to seeing you June 14-17th!

Please let Humuhumu know what you think of the website. She has done a phenomenal job!

Yee-Haw & Aloha,
Tiki Kiliki
Hukilau Co-Founder, Producer & Organizer

[ This Message was edited by: tiki_kiliki 2007-06-03 07:12 ]

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-24 5:23 pm   Permalink

Woo-Hoo!

Lots of good names on those pages. I can't believe that I will be able to see Robert Drasnin and Trixie and the Evil Hate Monkey on the same stage together!

I've already had my vacation request approved from work, so its just a matter of counting the days.

great web design, Humuhumu!

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-24 5:27 pm   Permalink

The logo is beautiful! The website is graphically amazing too! Kudos

[ This Message was edited by: jpmartdog 2007-01-24 17:29 ]

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PremEx
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-24 6:24 pm   Permalink

Great lookin' web site!

View Profile of PremEx Send a personal message to PremEx      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiLaLe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-24 8:32 pm   Permalink

Wondering if you could have a one price ticket for everything ?????

View Profile of TikiLaLe Send a personal message to TikiLaLe  Email TikiLaLe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-24 8:49 pm   Permalink

There's not a pass for all events as you can choose what you'd like to attend. You might want to come to some but not all of the selections.

Aloha!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KikiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-24 10:28 pm   Permalink

We're very excited to be coming to the Hukilau from NYC for the first time!
Can anyone recommend the Yankee Clipper vs. Bahia Cabana?
Thanks,
Kiki and David

View Profile of KikiTiki Send a personal message to KikiTiki  Goto the website of KikiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Miehana
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-01-25 03:31 am   Permalink

Hey Miss Kiliki!
Can't wait to finally attend Hukilau--AND to visit the Mai Kai for the very first time, too!
Humuhumu has done fantabulous magic with the website....but who created your awesome new logo tiki? No artist credit given??? What gives?

-Miehana

View Profile of Miehana Send a personal message to Miehana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-25 06:31 am   Permalink

Kikitiki - as far as the 2 hotels, the Yankee Clipper and the Bahia Cabana are right across the street from one another. The Cabana is a favorite for those that like to keep the party going into the wee early hours and who don't really mind the noise. All the rooms in the main building are built around the pool area where the opening party will be held. You can choose to stay in their buildings across the street and sleep with no problem. This is the old Florida style and the hotel sits on the intracoastal.

The Clipper is a Sheraton property and is built to resemble a ship. It used to be privately owned until 2005. It's a historic property and basically is your choice if you want a quite nights sleep and a few more amenities. It's the hotel that hosts most of Hukilau's festivities and also the Wreck Bar where you can watch the mermaid swim all weekend! Hope this information helps.

Miehana - the artist that created the logo for Hukilau this year is the amazing Kevin Kidney! You probably recognize his name from the illustrations in Jeff "Beachbum" Berry books and also read his bio on the website, he and Jody Daily created over 200 collectibles for Disney's 50th while they worked for Mickey (there's a thread on TC). I am so happy that they will be at Hukilau this year with an amazing seminar!!

Can't wait to see you both!

The Hukilau

pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-25 06:44 am   Permalink

Aaaaaah! I can't believe we're talking Hukilau again already! And Drasnin's gonna be there.... I guess I hafta go.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
synthsis

Posted: 2007-01-25 07:44 am   Permalink

We might just have to come down from Jersey for this. I've got the flyer in my Mai Kai bag at the house from last week when we were there. I can't wait to get back but the thought of Florida in June is killing me.

View Profile of synthsis Send a personal message to synthsis  Email synthsis     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-25 07:56 am   Permalink

June is actually not as bad as you think. Yes, it will be hot but the humidity and insane temperatures don't kick in until July.

The Hukilau

Rev. Griz
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-01-25 08:46 am   Permalink

Is the large marina overlooked by the Cabana Bahia the Bahia Mar marina? Can you see slip F-18?

[ This Message was edited by: Rev. Griz 2007-01-25 08:46 ]

View Profile of Rev. Griz Send a personal message to Rev. Griz  Email Rev. Griz Goto the website of Rev. Griz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-25 11:18 am   Permalink

The marina is between the Bahia Mar and Bahia Cabana. I hope this answers your question!

The Hukilau

Rev. Griz
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-01-26 9:10 pm   Permalink

Holy cow! I was only joking, but that might actually be the right marina. I was making reference to the abode of Travis McGee, star of 21 mystery books by John D. MacDonald. He live at the Bahia Mar marina in slip F-18 aboard his barge style housebout, the Busted Flush, won in a poker game.

View Profile of Rev. Griz Send a personal message to Rev. Griz  Email Rev. Griz Goto the website of Rev. Griz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation