FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » Official Announcement of Hukilau 2007!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Official Announcement of Hukilau 2007!
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-29 06:53 am   Permalink

The Bahia Cabana is the site of the last or maybe only known hanging of a pirate in Florida if that helps pin down the answer. If you take the water taxi from the Cabana, you will be standing about at the exact spot of the hanging.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-30 06:43 am   Permalink

Early morning customers help snuff out fire at landmark Bahia Cabana

By Macollvie Jean-François
sun-sentinel.com
Posted January 30 2007, 8:44 AM EST

FORT LAUDERDALE -- Regular patrons at a landmark beach bar and hotel helped save it from burning down early Tuesday when a fire broke out outside the hotel.

Customers at the bar in the Days Inn Bahia Cabana Beach Resort saw flames coming from near the entrance at 3001 Harbor Drive around 1:30 a.m. and quickly grabbed extinguishers to put it out, said employee Mark Michalak. He called 911, sending Fort Lauderdale firefighters from their station next door to the 70-room hotel to take over.

No one was injured or evacuated during the incident.

Hours later, the outside wall on the right side was blackened, its wooden planks the only signs of a fire.

"It could've been a lot worse," Buff Rhinehart, the hotel's maintenance supervisor, said. "It's not too bad. It's more superficial than anything."

The cause of the fire is undetermined, said Lois Bowman, division chief at Fort Lauderdale Fire-Rescue.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-30 3:47 pm   Permalink

Just booked my flight and my room!
See you in June!
Finally getting down there!

Woo-Hoo!

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-30 6:15 pm   Permalink

Tiki Chris - so glad you're makin' it all the way over from the UK!! Bring the rest of the London posse with you will ya?

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-30 6:16 pm   Permalink

Ok guys, if you're plannin' on attending the seminars you gotta try to purchase quickly. We're sellin' out fast!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-31 6:33 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-30 18:16, tiki_kiliki wrote:
Ok guys, if you're plannin' on attending the seminars you gotta try to purchase quickly. We're sellin' out fast!

Did she mention that Beachbum Berry is presenting AND autographing his books?

And there was somthing else about some cocktails......

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-01 11:03 am   Permalink

Heard the Bahia Cabana is completely sold out.

Any TC'ers get in? Or is it just summer tourists?

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Orchid Wahine
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-02-01 11:31 am   Permalink

Aloha everyone --- Orchid Wahine here, one of the Hukilau organizers -- wanted to pass along some important info!

The Cabana is blocked out FOR Hukilau -- it is not *yet* sold out --- when calling to make your reservations, you MUST indicate you're a Hukilau participant to get a booking and receive the Hukilau room rate.

Hope this helps!

View Profile of Orchid Wahine Send a personal message to Orchid Wahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-01 11:44 am   Permalink

Thanks for that posting Orchid Wahine.

She's right, after calling the Cabana I've confirmed they're not sold out yet, you must mention Hukilau as stated above.

This hotel always sells out first so be sure to book right away if this is your hotel of choice!

The Hukilau

Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-01 1:20 pm   Permalink

Thanks much for the follow up... after revisiting the post on another website, the poster mentioned they called the wrong number.

False alarm. Sorry!

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer 2007-02-01 13:24 ]

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PremEx
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-01 3:08 pm   Permalink

Question for experienced attendees:

Is there any advantage/disadvantage to booking the 1st show at the Mai Kai vs. the 2nd show of the night? Is one more popular than the other as a result?

Mahalo!

View Profile of PremEx Send a personal message to PremEx      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-01 3:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-01 15:08, PremEx wrote:
Question for experienced attendees:

Is there any advantage/disadvantage to booking the 1st show at the Mai Kai vs. the 2nd show of the night? Is one more popular than the other as a result?

Mahalo!

Last year, I believe the first show sold out first. Am I right, TK? Not sure why really. It's the one we went to. I prefer it because if you get there before the doors open, the Molokai bar is empty, so you have your pick of tables.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-01 4:12 pm   Permalink

I can honestly say that one show doesn't differ from the other. Probably the only difference is that lots of the folks that have come to Hukilau since the beginning usually book the first show.

You still get the Happy Hour prior to the 2nd Dinner show, entertainment in the Molokai and the rear dining rooms. And, you get to celebrate as well!

The Hukilau

mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-02-11 10:48 pm   Permalink

What is it with you parent hatin' tiki folk!?!?!? Mother's day, Father's day---whatevah! . I'm not sure if Inky and I can make it, we have other things going on around that time. razz?!>|?
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-12 10:42 am   Permalink

I booked my tickets. I'm coming, YEAH.

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation