FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Tiki Eyeball - Aku Tiki Inn - May 18-20th
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Tiki Eyeball - Aku Tiki Inn - May 18-20th
javabachelor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-06 10:32 am   Permalink

Thanks Swanky for the plug. Here's all the info...

Attention all midwest pin-up girls! Java's Bachelor Pad, home of the JBP Cheesecake Contest and co-producer of Mondo Lounge Atomic Frolic, is hosting a LIVE pin-up contest during the Tiki Eyeball hot rod show in Peru, Illinois, May 18-20.

We are looking for pin-up girls to come out for the weekend and compete for the title of Miss Tiki Eyeball. Events include a camera club pin-up photo op for all the girls on Saturday afternoon.

The Tiki Eyeball show will be held at The Peru Inn, 1840 May Road, Peru, Illinois; and The Aku-Tiki Room 2314 Hwy 34, Kewanee, Illinois.

The winner of Miss Tiki Eyeball will win a collection of great prizes from Bowlingshirt.com/ Sports Pin-ups/ CruisinUSA.com, Retro-A-Go-Go!, ProLighters.com, Pasties by Gothfox, and a full page color pin-up in Wizzz Magazine, just to name a few! The winner will also go on to compete at the end of the summer for the grand prize including a cover shot on Wizzz Magazine!

If you want to compete for the title of Miss Tiki Eyeball, sign up now at the Wizzard Roadshows Pinups Yahoo Group:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WizzardRoadshowsPinups/ (Registration is required.) All the official rules are posted there. Deadline for entry is May 4th!

Keep Swinging!
Java
http://www.javasbachelorpad.com/

View Profile of javabachelor Send a personal message to javabachelor  Email javabachelor Goto the website of javabachelor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-06 10:32 am   Permalink

Just got word that the tiki party bus from the Peru Motel to the Aku Tiki is a go! Forget about driving. Just get on the bus, socialize with the ohana and arrive at the vintage 1967 tiki bar! No maps, no worries!

Now, we will be looking into the possibility of putting entertainment on the bus and mixing a batch of warm up Mai Tai's for the trip so we all arrive in the right "mood".

It just keeps getting better and better...

Details are being added to the
website.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jet Sterling
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-06 11:37 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-06 10:32, Swanky wrote:
Just got word that the tiki party bus from the Peru Motel to the Aku Tiki is a go! Forget about driving. Just get on the bus, socialize with the ohana and arrive at the vintage 1967 tiki bar! No maps, no worries!

Good news Swanky. Given the distance, and the cocktailing, I think this is definitely the way to do it!

View Profile of Jet Sterling Send a personal message to Jet Sterling  Email Jet Sterling Goto the website of Jet Sterling     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-06 12:02 pm   Permalink

One of the sponsors paid for the bus. I mean, literally bought a bus. Working on another sponsor to do the paint job and the pinstippers will do their magic. It's gonna be a big green monster tiki bus from, well, I don't know where. But it'll be fun and inexpensive.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-06 12:34 pm   Permalink

let me know if you want any donations for a raffle...i have a few items around i'd be willing to contribute to the cause.

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-07 8:37 pm   Permalink

Thanks Tipsy. I'll look into how we'll handle that. There may already be a raffle for the registered car folks. This should be for ticket holders. I might just add a puffer fish lamp to the mix myself. You make some very cool stuff. Much appreciated.

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-22 07:27 am   Permalink

The Tiki Party bus has been painted. The pinstrippers get it next! Oh, and did I mention the price for the bus trip to and from the Aku Tiki? No? FREE! Your $25 registration fee gets you a goody bag with an event t-shirt and lots of other cool stuff, by itself worth $25, and the weekend's entertainment, and puts you in the drawing for free goodies and on the bus. T'will be fun!

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-23 08:06 am   Permalink

To answer a question I received via PM for everyone:

Please mention you are booking the hotel for the Eyeball when you contact the hotel. You should get a reduced rate of $46 per night.

Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-23 10:06 am   Permalink

..i was also told that you remember to mention it to the clerk when you check in so you get the new rate for the event...

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
javabachelor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-24 1:34 pm   Permalink

Here's yet another reason to come out to the Tiki Eyeball. Kay O'Hara, one of the best pin-up models out there today, will be joining us in Peru and helping out with the Miss Tiki Eyeball pin-up contest. Talk about a blonde bombshell! You can see more of this gal at my site, Java's Bachelor Pad: http://www.javasbachelorpad.com/kayohara.html

See you there!

View Profile of javabachelor Send a personal message to javabachelor  Email javabachelor Goto the website of javabachelor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-26 07:37 am   Permalink

Those folks planning to attend, drop me a PM. We can get the tiki peeps organized.

Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-15 9:34 pm   Permalink

This weekend!

Basement Kahuna and I will be chopping logs live and in person. I've got a 5 foot chunk that will be a tiki before the weekend is over!

I'm also kicking off a summer of vending at this event with all new goodies for 2007!

Stop by, talk story and pick up something new for your little slice of paradise!

See you this weekend!

-Dave

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer 2007-05-15 21:35 ]

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-16 06:36 am   Permalink

I can't wait to see you and everybody else and meet some new fiends like Tipsy. Weather looks perfect. Tiki bus is painted crazy ass green and will be pinstripped like a mofo too. Should be all kinds of fun. No telling what we can cram in my car to sell at this event. Get it there before Hukilau. First picks!

Tonga Trader
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-17 11:06 am   Permalink

Anyone know what time things get going Friday?

TT

View Profile of Tonga Trader Send a personal message to Tonga Trader      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jet Sterling
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-17 1:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-17 11:06, Tonga Trader wrote:
Anyone know what time things get going Friday?

TT

I have not heard what time things are officially getting started on Friday. I did hear that the Tiki bus is leaving for the Aku at around 6p Friday eve(from the hotel in Peru).

View Profile of Jet Sterling Send a personal message to Jet Sterling  Email Jet Sterling Goto the website of Jet Sterling     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation