FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events The San Diego Chop and Much More! - March 10 !!!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
The San Diego Chop and Much More! - March 10 !!!
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-25 6:56 pm   Permalink

Hey all, I had such a great time hosting the last chop, I REALLY want to do it again! I may only be in this house a few more months, and it's seems like such the perfect place for a chop, would I be considered rude to hog another time? Please speak up if you want to host, or if you think it should be a different place every time, but I'm willing to host it monthly as long as I'm living here.

Discuss.

[ This Message was edited by: 4WDtiki 2007-02-01 16:28 ]

[ This Message was edited by: 4WDtiki 2007-02-21 14:47 ]

[ This Message was edited by: 4WDtiki 2007-02-28 19:28 ]

[ This Message was edited by: 4WDtiki 2007-03-03 10:10 ]

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-25 7:22 pm   Permalink

I'm outside right now........LET ME IN!!!

your place is perfect....and since it's only around for a few more months...I vote yes!!!

(and this has nothing to do with the log I already picked out at your place;) )

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-25 7:50 pm   Permalink

It sounds pretty great to me as well. If anyone else really wants to host next month, I think they should speak up soon, otherwise your place sounds great. I know I(my neighbors) don't mind waiting a few more months to host at my place again.

Pick a date that's good for you, we did have a vote for Sunday and a vote to keep it on Saturdays, but I think it should be up to whatever works best for the host.

Looking forward to it!

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-25 8:07 pm   Permalink

If you host a few more times some of the carved logs might go missing.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zaya
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-25 9:20 pm   Permalink

Sounds great to me too!

View Profile of Zaya Send a personal message to Zaya  Email Zaya Goto the website of Zaya     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-25 9:34 pm   Permalink

Sounds great to us too. We probably won't make February's but should be in for March.

View Profile of Moki Send a personal message to Moki  Email Moki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-26 07:02 am   Permalink

I'll be out of town for a few weekends in Feb. I might not make it to the Chop-Chop!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-26 07:08 am   Permalink

Who would blackball your place, 4WD? I think Clysdale is gonna buy it anyway. Sunday is better for me, but yeah, that makes for Mean Monday Muscles. You pick a date, we'll be there.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikihai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-26 11:01 am   Permalink

I am so bummed out I couldn't make it down to the last one...I was on my way and the old Jeep gave up an alternator right about San Onofre, so I spent that day with AAA and a garage in San Clemente.
Major Props to 4WDTiki for wanting to host again. I would love to host a chop chop at my house, but it looks like this is labled "San Diego chop chop" and my house is in OC...Oh well I am still up to hosting sometime in the future when the chop chop moves north. Major drawback, I have no logs to share so it will be BYOW ... bring you own wood.

View Profile of tikihai Send a personal message to tikihai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-26 11:22 am   Permalink

Bummer tikihai, I was wondering what happened to you. There have been a few offers to make it more of a SoCal chop chop, and we can definitely think about it when we get low on San Diego places to carve. At least Oceanside is a little easier for the OC and LA people to get to.

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-26 1:40 pm   Permalink

Yeah, OC would be a great common ground to get some of the MidCal people to have the Chop Chop Experience. Why not? I'm sure some wood can be scared up; maybe a March weekend? We can carpool up from San Diego, etc...

I Grok Log.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-26 1:41 pm   Permalink

I almost titled this thread the Next SoCal Chop Chop, since there were people from LA and Palm Springs. Where exactly is Seal Beach?

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikihai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-26 2:19 pm   Permalink

Seal Beach is on the LA/OC borderline...south of Long Beach, north of Huntington Beach.

View Profile of tikihai Send a personal message to tikihai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-27 10:45 am   Permalink

Still kicking myself for not being at the last Chop, and there is a good possibility that this wedding will keep me from coming to the one in February, but I would still like to host one sometime....I can take March, April or pretty much any month there after at my place. Have a good yard to chip in...no logs, however. Power outlets everywhere if needed. Neighbors are cool.

Babalu

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-28 4:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-25 18:56, 4WDtiki wrote:
Hey all, I had such a great time hosting the last chop, I REALLY want to do it again! I may only be in this house a few more months, and it's seems like such the perfect place for a chop, would I be considered rude to hog another time?

It's not the slightest bit rude. It's incredibly gracious to open up your home to a bunch of sweaty, sawdust-covered folks.

I'm all for having it at your place again.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation