FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events The San Diego Chop and Much More! - March 10 !!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 )
The San Diego Chop and Much More! - March 10 !!!
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-16 1:08 pm   Permalink

so how long to I have to pretend that I'm not wondering when the next chop chop is????

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-17 01:33 am   Permalink

Cly, there's an easy answer - host it yerself!

We promise we won't wreck your place. Much.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-17 09:36 am   Permalink

I think we can probably talk 4WDTiki into hosting it again if we ask nicely.

I'll propose April 7 or April 21, I know a lot of us are going to the Tiki Farm event so the 14th is out.

I'm leaning towards the 7th, the sooner the better and all that, and maybe people want to get advice/talk about what they're selling at the Tiki Farm sale?

Bill? Pleeeeeeeeeease?
(My house would probably be available as well. But Bill's place is better.)

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-17 10:44 am   Permalink

Well, since you asked nicely Mieko, okay.

The 7th is good for me. How about a couple more days to allow for some ayes and nays, then I'll start a NEW thread.(!)

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-17 7:11 pm   Permalink

The 7th works best for me.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-03-18 07:57 am   Permalink

April 7th? I'm there!

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-18 09:56 am   Permalink

The 7th sounds good to us too.

Being that it's the day before Easter, can we have an egg hunt in the field?

View Profile of Moki Send a personal message to Moki  Email Moki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-18 09:57 am   Permalink

You can cast up some egg shaped tikis.

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-18 4:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-03-12 22:16, Tikidav wrote:
Kate, getting anywhere with the resin casting? Look at this thread (shameless plug) http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=21904&forum=18&108

Since many of you took advantage of Babalu's clay demo and made yourselves a mug, I would be happy to do a demo for ceramic slip mold casting for ceramics at the next Chop if anyone is interested.

Thanks for the link, Dave. I decided to hold off on ordering the resin supplies at least for a few weeks. I've got three unfinished tikis and two unfinished mugs. I've got to stop starting new projects until I've finished a few more of the old ones.

I'd love to see the ceramic slip mold casting. Your last demo was fabulous. I learned so much watching you and Moki.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-19 4:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-03-17 10:44, 4WDtiki wrote:
The 7th is good for me. How about a couple more days to allow for some ayes and nays, then I'll start a NEW thread.(!)

Last call for ayes and nays...

Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-19 5:46 pm   Permalink

AYE! Got some serious chopping to do.

Saw a Tiki at Hilo Hatties that was like 24 feet tall (a Ku) that was 1/2 headdress. Even people who didn't know Tikis were looking at that thing in amazement.

Saw another carving there that really inspired me, it's giving me lots of bad ideas about directions you can take this stuff. Gotta start drawing...

And I'm going to NY friggin City in a week to photo the whole Oceana Arts section of the Met Museum, will bring back tales of da Isle of Man'ahat and pictures of Michael Rockefellar's hand picked collection of New Guinea carvings for April 7.

Mike was very possibly eaten by either crocodiles or cannibals, by the way.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-20 08:45 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-03-19 17:46, Cammo wrote:
AYE! Got some serious chopping to do.

Saw a Tiki at Hilo Hatties that was like 24 feet tall (a Ku) that was 1/2 headdress. Even people who didn't know Tikis were looking at that thing in amazement.

Saw another carving there that really inspired me, it's giving me lots of bad ideas about directions you can take this stuff. Gotta start drawing...

And I'm going to NY friggin City in a week to photo the whole Oceana Arts section of the Met Museum, will bring back tales of da Isle of Man'ahat and pictures of Michael Rockefellar's hand picked collection of New Guinea carvings for April 7.

Mike was very possibly eaten by either crocodiles or cannibals, by the way.

Cammo....you MUST bring those pictures...that sounds very f'in cool!!

the 7th works for me!!! make it happen!

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-20 2:59 pm   Permalink

I started a new thread for the April chop.

Plans and discussion continues there.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation