FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving New Maoi castings
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
New Maoi castings
Tiki Terrace
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-01-29 3:53 pm   Permalink

Here are some pics of Tikis being embroidered:

This one is being made for Bamboo Ben... he has #2 of 10... this one has 15 colors, 250K stitches and is about 15" tall... then a small front left logo. at picture time, it was near 65k stitches:

Sorry, lighting is not the best

Close up:

Creating tiki...... embroidery!

View Profile of Tiki Terrace Send a personal message to Tiki Terrace  Email Tiki Terrace Goto the website of Tiki Terrace     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-30 03:55 am   Permalink

I'm lovin the "Got Tiki" Tee. How do we order?

Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-30 06:38 am   Permalink

Man, all the best tiki stuff is in Illinois...that's it, I'm moving! Might have to post up at the bar and stay a month.

Seriously, very tight stuff....I dig your individual style on these masks...the size makes-um that much more cool. Also like how your bro is approaching the construction of that lamp by suspending it to work on it. The blue prints of the new place are kind of hard to make out, but from what I can see you will have them coming from near and far...."If you build it, they will come".

Wouldn't mind rocking a couple of those tee's...let us know when your go to mass printing.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-30 08:05 am   Permalink

Yes, EXCELLENT Tee's Awesome artwork. You guys are Right On!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Terrace
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-02-01 11:58 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys for the replies... re buying tees, we hope to have the website store up and running within a couple weeks.... web guy is setting up a paypal store.

Here are a couple more things we are working on/have finished:

With a little extra time these days, we are trying to do some simple upgrades at Tiki Terrace. Below, we finished the new stage for the Saturday night shows and added a simple bamboo fence. The stage used to go up to that transition trim piece. we added an additional 7' x 8' of stage.

Another upgrade... We bought some more lauhala and covered some bare wall space (we have wanted to do this forever). We had to pull the booths for this, so it may look a little empty in the pics:

Here is a display book my brother is doing... there will be tapa in the sunken areas. it will house all the Tiki Terrace apparel on some type of rigid pages. The servers will bring to each table and try to sell the guests. We wanted it to be extra big for a unique presentation... hope it works???

Here is a mask we bought a couple months ago for $50.. I am guessing it is a tropical wood from the weight/density.. it is about 3' tall by 1'5 wide... The person I bought from said she got from either Kon Tiki Ports in IL (when it closed) or from a flea market... she could not remember. anyone have a clue where this may have come from?:

Eileen (one of our servers) is helping re-paint much of the trim with tiki supervising:

Here is a part of another upgrade... This is about 6' done... it will be 16' total. Interpretation... "The life of the land is perpetuated in righteousness".. the Hawaiian state motto (the chorus in "Hawaii 78"). I am doing this with a router and chisels... my first time using a router without stencil guide... very difficult to keep steady!

Last, my brother phil and I carved this about 5 years ago.. our first and only wood carved tiki.

Thanks for looking
Scott

View Profile of Tiki Terrace Send a personal message to Tiki Terrace  Email Tiki Terrace Goto the website of Tiki Terrace     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-02 12:12 am   Permalink

Fantastic work.
Thanks for the pix.

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-02 09:45 am   Permalink

That Tiki terrace is going to come out great! All the pics of the stuff you are preparing are really amazing, congrats!

[ This Message was edited by: Clarita 2007-02-02 13:19 ]

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-02 4:01 pm   Permalink

That big wooden t-shirt display book reminds me of "Fractured Fairy Tales"!
It could fall onto a customer!

From the progress shots, I wouldn't be surprised to see Tiki Terrace in some future editon of BOT.

[ This Message was edited by: 4WDtiki 2007-02-02 16:02 ]

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Terrace
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-02-06 6:09 pm   Permalink

Not really a fire at Tiki Terrace, but the owner of Tiki Terrace caught on fire recently! and luckly, there was a photographer to snap a couple photos

learn from my mistake... always, always, always wet raffia that is fastened to your body before playing with fire

here are a couple cool pics to share. Note,,, since opening the Tiki Terrace, I have been more out of shape and more accident prone with dancing... but my back-bar dishwashing skills are superb with no documented accidents! (cough, cough Lake Surfer).

Above, this happened right before I was to put the fire on my feet... I did not realize that a little fire started on raffia... then it spread... and quick!

My friend quicly ran out with marshmellows

I should have taken a pic of myself walking gingerly the next couple days.

Creating tiki... fires!

Scott

tikigap
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-06 6:44 pm   Permalink

WooHoo! That's fire is very realistic!

You guys are doing a great job on the bar too.!

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-06 7:06 pm   Permalink

Wow...just absolutely awesome. It is obvious that your heart is in the place. Love the pictures...kepp em coming. Next time I hit chitown...I'll be haning at your place.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-07 4:31 pm   Permalink

You don't have to dazzle us with fire, all the other stuff was dazzling enough.

JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-07 5:32 pm   Permalink

I think you caught on fire from the friction from all of your activities man!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-07 7:17 pm   Permalink

Hot Stuff there guys, better be more careful. Nice lookin embroidery, good to see you having fun and making a buck.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bete
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-07 8:07 pm   Permalink

Scott, so glad you were o.k. Great posts of all the things you've been making.

View Profile of Bete Send a personal message to Bete      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation