FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving TDuddy's Carvings-->|Updates-10/9--| Pg.11
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
TDuddy's Carvings-->|Updates-10/9--| Pg.11
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-26 5:06 pm   Permalink

ok my sister finally let me use her camera to take some pictures so im pretty happy for that. here is one that i did actually a few months ago a little bit before winter....

i still need to finish that one up. it needs some good sanding
heres a smaller one that i did a while ago too. burnt it a bit too.

i like that little guy.
here is one i did just before winter with my dremel. i just picked up some randome stone for it. my first shot at carving a rock and it turned out better than i thought it would....

and this is just a picture of most of the tikis ive made so far. so thats it for now..hope you like em

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Duddy 2008-07-29 13:45 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Duddy 2008-08-03 11:26 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Duddy 2008-08-08 15:05 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Duddy 2008-08-09 14:08 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Duddy 2008-08-25 14:02 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Duddy 2008-10-09 17:30 ]

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-26 6:46 pm   Permalink

Definitely Likable tikis and I see you got a new camera, Or have someone shooting some pix for you. They Look Great, especially in large photos. Some of those are pretty Large and really look excellent. I see you have been busy while you have been away!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-26 6:58 pm   Permalink

great job duddy. you need to get some sandpaper and get to rubbin' boy!

try smiling, too. it won't break your face.

get off mah lawn!! dang kids!!

hehe

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-26 11:03 pm   Permalink

Good to see you into it bro! The style is good, go a bit deeper and spend some more time sanding, finishing etc. Try and learn something or improve with each tiki. Most important of all, HAVE FUN

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-27 01:42 am   Permalink

Getting bigger, deeper, badder(better)! Good on you Duddy. Im certainly no expert but that biggest fella's looking pretty professional. Love the mouth/teeth.

Good to see another budding 'stoner' in our midst too!

Tama

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-27 05:35 am   Permalink

Very nice family of tikis, man.

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-27 11:27 am   Permalink

Duddy's back in the house. Good work TD! Glad you stuck to it. I like the little Hawaiian guy, and that big guy definitely shows you are on the right track! Nice to finally see what these guys look like

Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2007-01-27 12:26 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-27 12:39 pm   Permalink

Hukulugi, your vision is damaged?, mine seem to be a little too.

I like how you like tiki and went for it, even more then the tikis themselves. The little ones are my favorite. I always wanted to do a couple as like necklaces or keychain type stuff.

I see that your a younger guy. I always consider myself to be one too among some of these salty dogs. Stick with it, even it you try something else, tiki will always be here waiting. +

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-27 3:38 pm   Permalink

Duddy, it's starting to look like my yard full o Tiki!

Nice to be able to create huh? Keep doing it! You are developing a style all your own just like many of us here. I have a great appreciation for the real deal. New design, new techniques, etc.

Love the pics.

Thinking we need to get you a camera though lol.

Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-27 9:03 pm   Permalink

hey you guys thanks alot. it always feels good to have your opinions and im glad i finally got some pictures up. it was killing me inside a bit.
benz- it is always a pleasure having such a great carver like yourself put in some words and i thank you for that. i still need to get some more done yet but....its cold.

pdrake- thanks again to you too. i really need to sand this guy up. and yes i should of given a little bit of a smile haha. a while after carving during the winter the big guy started cracking like MAD. there is one that goes deep from top to bottom. i still like him the best though.

hewey- thans you. i still do need to go a bit deeper yes but it was my first time using a chainsaw on a piece so i just wanted to test it out. this was actually the first piece where i had drawn it out too.

tama- yes the big guy is my best work so far i think. its also my favorite. i kept saying to myself "if this turns out....YES" and it did work out like i wanted. a few minor glitches but i fixed them up. thanks

benella- thank you. ive been looking at your work too and i really like it.

buzzy- YEAA. thanks man. really appreciate it. it makes me feel sooo much better that i can actually put something on this site again. during the past few months i had been feeling a little depressed cause of that. you see this (besides my family and a few friends) is the only place that i share my tikis with. you know how kids at school can be about new things. so i keep it to the site here and thats good enough for me. thanks

hakalugi- yes yes my old pictures were TERRIBLE. it was the best that i could do with a camera phone hahaha.

teaKEY- thank you aswell. i actually never thought of it as my own style but i guess it is kind of. i like that idea. but i give sooo much credit to everyone on this great site. they have helped me greatly.

mctiki- it fells GREAT to create some kind of art. after you are done a project you just think "i created this?" and it feels amazing.

thanks to you all agian it means alot to have everyone comment on something that i just picked up one day. i have supprised myself how far i have come with this even though i am just a newbie.

thank you all

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-27 10:39 pm   Permalink

Hey Duddy, That's a nice collection you're getting. I too also see a style developing . It's difficult for the carver himself to see sometimes, but you do have one. Forget about the kids at school! Carve yourself silly!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-29 09:15 am   Permalink

hey tikidav thanks alot for the words. im really enjoying this carving stuff....i think ill stick to it. haha. oh i cant wait till summer then i WILL carve myself silly.
thanks

McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-29 10:31 am   Permalink

Probably been asked already, but, what tools are you in possesion of?

Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-29 6:20 pm   Permalink

hey mctiki heres a picture of the tools i use. im hoping to get a set of gouges for my birthday.
sorry for the small picture...it was one of the old ones that i took a long time ago when i was using a camera phone

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation