FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving TDuddy's Carvings-->|Updates-10/9--| Pg.11
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
TDuddy's Carvings-->|Updates-10/9--| Pg.11
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-02 5:53 pm   Permalink

those are all the pictures for a little bit. im supposed to be getting some good wood to carve soon so ill post some more pictures when i carve a new tiki. so im hoping i can post some soon. untill then...

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-04 10:47 am   Permalink

Aloha there nice work! and cool family picture too, Greetings!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-06 8:36 pm   Permalink

hey clarita thanks alot for the kind words. i hope i can show more soon.

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-14 10:12 am   Permalink

Hello all. i have some new tikis started here. they are not done yet but getting close. they are from ficus wood.
this one i just need to sand, stain, and put some clear coat on it....

i really like this next one. i need to finish the bottom half still...

sorry for the not so good camera shots. it dosent look as good in the pictures. well thats it for now. should have more pretty soon
thanks buzzy

mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-14 10:44 am   Permalink

New guys are looking great! The details always get washed out when I photograph stuff that's not stained too. I really like the guy with the tongue. Can't wait to see them all sanded and stained!

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zaya
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-14 11:22 am   Permalink

Wow Tiki Duddy, those are awesome! That full body guy is really cool. I can't wait to see the bottom half! Just wait until you stain them, with that ficus it's like something magic happens! You're doing such a great job. I'm looking forward to seeing more!

Zaya

View Profile of Zaya Send a personal message to Zaya  Email Zaya Goto the website of Zaya     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-14 11:26 am   Permalink

You've been working a lot! Looking good! The tongue one is Very cool I agreed! Keep posting

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-14 12:08 pm   Permalink

oooooh yEAH Booyy!!! They are maturing in style and detail and proportion. By the time you are 18, you will be far advanced if the tools are there. Your eyes and hands have the capacity. You just need the right tools.

Maybe we need a secret Santa program for this year

Very cool, very cool.

Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-14 8:49 pm   Permalink

Right on, Tikiduddy! Way to dig into that wood! No fear!

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-14 9:38 pm   Permalink

Hey TD! Great start with that wood. That one with the tongue is really good. Looks like you're just about ready for another log shipment. Cannot wait to see those guys all sanded up and pretty with a new coat of stain and some shine.
Carve it up man!

Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-14 11:38 pm   Permalink

Happy to see you've done some super carvings. Really nice.

I love the state you have reached with your tiki on first pix because at this point, everything is possible

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-15 2:29 pm   Permalink

Hello all. thanks again for the great comments.
mieko- thanks alot, yea i rarely get good pictures. this time it wasent that bad though.
zaya- hey its great to have your comments. the lower half is pretty much done now. i just need to sand and shave the legs down a bit. i still need to buy some good stain. im deciding on what shade im going to do.
clarita- thank you alot. always good to have some kind words
Mctiki- hey man the words mean alot. yes im hoping to get some new tools for my birthday in a few days here. thanks
tikidav- yea the "no fear" thing is good but it can cause problems sometimes to lol. usually when i start not thinking what can happen i end up catching my hand with a blade or taking a good chunk of wood out i didnt mean to. thank you
Buzzy- hey man thanks alot. im about to start the third piece of ficus today. im still thinking up ideas for him. i got a kind of new one but im not too sure if it will work out. we will have to see.
benella- well thanks alot. it is true if you think you can do it you will be able to WAY easier than if you have doubts. it you totaly think you can you cant go back and you dont hesitate to carve it deep.

well thanks all of you very much. im going to post more as soon as i can. untill then ill see you all around.

Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-12 4:48 pm   Permalink

Alright i got some more pictures today so i might as well post them. i still got a bit of work to do on these guys yet. so here are some updates for all of you. enjoy...

i should of got some better close ups but this will do for now.

congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-12 5:25 pm   Permalink

Nice job so far Duddy. Keep working the wood, you are showing a lot of progress and this
one looks like it will turn out pretty well. Are you using a hook knife or are you
"whittlin'?

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-12 6:03 pm   Permalink

Nice progress and improvement

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation