advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Enchanted Sea - Les Baxter - Bora Bora
Enchanted Sea - Les Baxter - Bora Bora
pasha913

Posted: 2007-01-27 7:39 pm   Permalink

I am looking for this cd, or legal download of this album. Cant find it. Please help. Thanks

View Profile of pasha913 Send a personal message to pasha913      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-28 12:31 pm   Permalink

You are making me google-crazy....LOL I did find this site of discography...look towards the bottom. Bora Bora

I'll keep looking....I would love to have it too...Les is my all-time favorite.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-28 1:13 pm   Permalink

Not easy finding information on Bora Bora, but found this site with a little more.

Getting closer just posting all the links I can find. We may get this one yet!!!

Here is the TC post on this topic.

JAMES BOND: Yes, but my martini is still dry.

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2007-01-28 13:51 ]

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2007-01-28 14:44 ]

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kaiwaza
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-29 12:42 am   Permalink

Was Bora Bora by Les Baxter ever put out on CD? My understanding was that it is quite a rare record to find at all. I've only seen it on ebay once or twice and it was very high.
I have copy of the LP I got when I was about 12 years old as a department store cut out for 47 CENTS...yeah, CENTS. (Those were the days). I'b be happy to send you a simple CDr of it if you like. I've always liked it...it's very similar to Que Mango..seems like some songs are nearly the same with slight alterations.

View Profile of Kaiwaza Send a personal message to Kaiwaza  Email Kaiwaza     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-29 2:55 pm   Permalink

First off, you can try searching www.cddb.com
It is an international database for every CD released...almost. If I'm not mistaken, iTunes contacts CDDB when you pop in a compact disc in order to pull down the CD title and track listings. There is very little info about the released, but you can at least find out if it was ever leased on CD..officially.

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
quickiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-30 07:28 am   Permalink

I've seen this CD on eBay produced by an independent distributor from (I think) Canada. They also have several other obscure Les Baxter albums, all of which I think are vinyl transfers. I've never seen the CD's distributed in retailers like Amazon or Deep Discount CD, so I can't vouch as to whether they legal reproductions.

View Profile of quickiki Send a personal message to quickiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation