[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace Ren Clark Severed Head mug 4 sale
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Ren Clark Severed Head mug 4 sale
Hot Rod Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-29 10:33 pm   Permalink

Time to part with this Ultra rare mug. I really dont wanna sell it on ebay, I would rather someone here have it. It aint cheap though. email me at dhm756@yahoo.com for more details
mahalo
Don

View Profile of Hot Rod Tiki Send a personal message to Hot Rod Tiki  Email Hot Rod Tiki Goto the website of Hot Rod Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiLaLe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-30 06:34 am   Permalink

You know what they say: 'Cheap mugs are not good. Good mugs are not cheap."

View Profile of TikiLaLe Send a personal message to TikiLaLe  Email TikiLaLe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-30 09:04 am   Permalink

Amen!

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-30 10:34 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-30 06:34, TikiLaLe wrote:

Oh, yeah? Who says that? That's so wrong I don't know where to start.

[ This Message was edited by: foamy 2007-01-30 10:35 ]

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dibroc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-30 10:44 am   Permalink

I enjoy my " cheap mugs" as much as any others.

View Profile of dibroc Send a personal message to dibroc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hot Rod Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-30 10:53 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-30 10:44, dibroc wrote:
I enjoy my " cheap mugs" as much as any others.

So do I(enjoy ALL mugs)I am sick about parting with this one, I will email a pic and price to all who have asked. I really feel that someone here will do the mug justice.
mahalo..

View Profile of Hot Rod Tiki Send a personal message to Hot Rod Tiki  Email Hot Rod Tiki Goto the website of Hot Rod Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-30 3:02 pm   Permalink

I remember when they were all inexpensive. The more people that start collecting just drives the margin. Supply vs Demand.

I remember when they could be found in the wild because A. Peoples didn't know what they were, or B.they were considered low brow/bohemian "vases". Now your'e lucky to find a Leilani in months of hunting.

Now if your talking limited edition (new} stuff, again, supply vs demand.

I'm happy with what I have found and wish everyone just starting or filling holes the best of luck!

Peace

Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikinomad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-30 3:04 pm   Permalink

So how much? I probably can't afford the asking price but I just gotta know how much?

View Profile of Tikinomad Send a personal message to Tikinomad  Email Tikinomad Goto the website of Tikinomad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiLaLe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-31 06:34 am   Permalink

Ease back cupcakes .....

View Profile of TikiLaLe Send a personal message to TikiLaLe  Email TikiLaLe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hot Rod Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-31 3:22 pm   Permalink

I was hoping to get $2000.00 for this mug. I have only seen one other one in "da real" I will entertain serious cash offers, I have many mugs, and I really would like this to go to someone here that has a full love of all TIKI. I will not go to the auction site for a few more days, I do need to sell this mug.
email me at
dhm756@yahoo.com If you are serious and would like pics.
mahalo.
Don

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-31 3:35 pm   Permalink

"I really would like this to go to someone here that has a full love of all TIKI. I will not go to the auction site for a few more days"

Well anyone that is willing to pay 2,000.00 for this mug would have to be a full lover of tiki.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-01 01:01 am   Permalink

[quote]
who said it? I say not necessarily...

I love cheap mugs, I love expensive mugs, to a point. I DIG well designed mugs. Tiki Mugs are not Fine Bone China or Lalique Crystal by any standards. What makes a good or bad mug, cheap or expensive? we all have opinions, as a collector I would like to represent the Ren Clark Severed Head in my collection because of it's rarity & rich history. I think it's ugly I also think it's made rather in expensively as are so many. This brings us back to "Cheap mugs are not good. Good mugs are not cheap." I am not willing at this time & market place to spend $2,000 on any mug, and isn't the going rate on this mug about $1,300.00? I guess we will find out at some point. Chances are this time next year some other mug will probably be all the rage & will be triple the price by then. Only speaking for myself, I would rather spend my 2k on some 1 of a kinds, customs, art mugs or some other good & cheap mug. I will have to find that Ren Clark in the wild.... Good luck to all head hunters out there!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicleen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-01 08:03 am   Permalink

i can appreciate that you want this ultra rare mug to go to a tc'er who is just as passionate about collecting tiki as yourself. i commend that, in fact. what i have a problem with is doubling the price from what you paid for it. if you are looking to make that much money off of your mug, then ebay is really the place you should turn to.

View Profile of tikicleen Send a personal message to tikicleen  Email tikicleen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-01 11:58 am   Permalink

Hot Rod, if you sell it on eBay to set a reserve and ofcourse take all the precautions to get that piece to the owner in the condiditon it left your hands in. I know you've probably thought of that, just wanted to remind you. If I had the money, I'd pay double for it with out a blink of the eye. But I'm strapped just like you and I wish you well selling it. I know it must be a hard thing to do.

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hot Rod Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-01 6:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-01 08:03, tikicleen wrote:
i can appreciate that you want this ultra rare mug to go to a tc'er who is just as passionate about collecting tiki as yourself. i commend that, in fact. what i have a problem with is doubling the price from what you paid for it. if you are looking to make that much money off of your mug, then ebay is really the place you should turn to.

Im sorry if I offended you by testing the waters with a high price for this mug. I KNOW that this mug will fetch the 1300 to 1500 that should be the going rate. You should have no problem with what I payed for the mug, because it is really none of your business. Once again I am sorry to have offended by selling MY mug.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation