FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts VanTiki Tiles - Ku Squared tile taking shape - 1/25
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
VanTiki Tiles - Ku Squared tile taking shape - 1/25
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-10 05:19 am   Permalink

Looking great mate

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-17 7:24 pm   Permalink

Finished up Framed Face #2 - this fellow is quite creep-tastic!

Have you fallen in love with him despite his crooked gaze? Well, he can be yours! Head on over to the marketplace

Mahalo for peeking!
Henrik

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zerostreet
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-18 05:59 am   Permalink

Wow! that is really nice work and even better looking in those frames! I want to learn to sculpt, I have been wanting to do some molds of my tiki's, but don't really have any spare time to take classes.

Tiki Tower
The Art of Robert Jimenez
http://www.tikitower.com

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-11 6:30 pm   Permalink

So... I felt I should post these under my tile thread, as they are produced the same way. As some of you may recall, I am a big fan of geocaching, and enjoy making my own geo-coins to leave in geocaches. If all of that made no sense to you whatsoever, take a peek at geocaching.com for the inside scoop. My geocaching name? Tiki, of course!

In the past, I made my coins out of bronze (you can see them at
www.geotiki.com ), but I felt that is was time for a change. My newest line of 4 coins are clay, and they are trackable! This means that each coin has a special # on the back that you can track on geocaching.com - very painstaking to produce, but the trackable coins are very sought-after by collectors.

Anyways, wanted to share some shots of the coins taking shape in the studio. I'm doing an edition of 100 of each design - so 400 coins in all. Needless to say, it has been a very involved process!

Mahalo for peeking -
Henrik "VanTiki"

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-11 8:16 pm   Permalink

Very cool Henrik. I made several hundred plaster coins for an event give-aways (before I started doing ceramics), these look much more permanent

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-12 10:30 am   Permalink

I'm blow away Henrik (Tiki)...It is a really, really a wonderful thing when something that you love to do works out so well for you and others. You are a winner my friend...anything is possible. Life is good.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-13 7:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-17 19:24, VanTiki wrote:
Finished up Framed Face #2 - this fellow is quite creep-tastic!

Whoa. Gnarly, dude.

Bowie

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-14 06:19 am   Permalink

Stuff looks cool. Everytime you post I get excited to see where you'll be taking the art. Yep, I'm a fan.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-14 11:51 am   Permalink

Quick update on studio activities -

SInce getting back from Alaska I've been wrapping up the Trackable Clay TikiCOin project. Looks like we will have all 400 coins glazed and fired by Friday - it has been a HUGE effort! I also managed to press a bunch of my Tiki Tiles to take to Oasis this year. And what about the mugs? No worries - I have not forgotten them! The Oasis mugs are all bisqued, and I'll begin glazing this weekend.

A quick shot of the first finished TikiCOins fresh out of the kiln:

A super day of tile pressing (hard to tell, but there are 58 tiles stacked on the drying rack):

Mahalo for peeking!
Henrik "VanTiki"

Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-14 12:07 pm   Permalink

yummy!!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-14 12:25 pm   Permalink

since I dont geocache I am hoping you will list the skull tiles on your Etsy??

So i can buy....please?

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-14 12:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-07-14 12:25, leleliz wrote:
since I dont geocache I am hoping you will list the skull tiles on your Etsy??

So i can buy....please?

No worries Liz! The big square tiles are for Oasis, and any remainders after Oasis (as well as the tiles I press after the event) will go to my etsy page. Only the small round TikiCoins are for us geocaching fanatics

Henrik

TikiTres
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-14 1:22 pm   Permalink

Those new tile designs are COOL! I might have to make another table

View Profile of TikiTres Send a personal message to TikiTres  Email TikiTres     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-14 6:56 pm   Permalink

Oh great to hear! Where are the mysterious swizzles at that you have briefly mentioned? Are we going to get a sneak peek on those too?(demanding aren't I??)

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-15 12:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-07-14 18:56, leleliz wrote:
Oh great to hear! Where are the mysterious swizzles at that you have briefly mentioned? Are we going to get a sneak peek on those too?(demanding aren't I??)

So demanding! The swizzles have been an EPIC undertaking for us, and we are doing our darndest to get them ready in time for Oasis. I'll be sure to post photos when (and if) they are done. Thanks for remembering them!

Henrik

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation