FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts VanTiki Tiles - Ku Squared tile taking shape - 1/25
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
VanTiki Tiles - Ku Squared tile taking shape - 1/25
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-04-24 1:58 pm   Permalink

Very cool on the Adobe site! Congrats!

I like the tiles a lot. I have been watching for some time and I can't wait til they are done.

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-04-24 3:48 pm   Permalink

Also, cool that you are going to make it to Tiki Oasis! I am a runner too, but I usually run at night. But, since you are on Hawaiian time, I might be able to wake up at about the same time as you. So we can figure it out.

I usually run from Mission Beach to Pacific Beach. It is a nice run right along the water. It is a little over 3 miles I believe. Only like 10 minutes max from the hotel. Could get crowded though depending on the time, that is why I usually run at 11 at night. But it shouldn't be bad if we do it before noon. But I also know a lot of other nice places too.

I guess we will figure it out as the time comes.

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-04-24 3:51 pm   Permalink

Congrats on the site-of-the-day (and on the contracts, work is good when you have bills to pay and clay to buy )

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-24 4:17 pm   Permalink

Congrats again on the site props Henrik!

You deserved the recognition!

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-24 8:39 pm   Permalink

Henrik, congrats x3 (or more, depending on how many animation contracts) Look forward to seeing you again at Oasis!

David/ Tiki Ano

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-09 8:13 pm   Permalink

Mahalo everyone!

This afternoon I was able to escape from my computer just long enough to spray underglaze on the bone-dry AP edition Cracked Moai tiles!

There are 12 AP tiles, and I am trying a wide range of colors and techniques before I commit to the full tile edition. SHould be some fun stuff. After the bisque firing, I'll be doing various washes and clear coats. Should be fun!

The black looks extra lava-like. I'll be doing one with a light grey wash, and one with a radient red wash. I'm not sure if I'll leave it at that, or do a satin clear coat over the top. Tough decisions!

Mahalo for looking -
Henrik "VanTiki"

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
El Jefe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-09 8:21 pm   Permalink

Henrick,

I see some tiles have the cracked look and some do not. Will you be offering tiles in both versions?

View Profile of El Jefe Send a personal message to El Jefe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-09 10:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-05-09 20:21, El Jefe wrote:
Henrick,

I see some tiles have the cracked look and some do not. Will you be offering tiles in both versions?

There are 6 slightly different versions of the Cracked Moai (2 "clean" and 4 "cracked"). I plan on rotating the molds as I press my way through the edition (plan on pressing 50). If you order one, fate will decide what tile you receive! I'll ship them in the order of the edition, so unless you get more than 6 you wont get any repeats

Henrik "VanTiki"

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-20 10:55 am   Permalink

Stuffed the 12 AP cracked moai into the kiln last night and threw the switch this morning. Hope this run goes better than the last one! Here are some shots I took of the tiles with the final underglaze washes applied, right before I did a coat of satin clear glaze on top:

As you can see - I'm trying out a WIDE range of color to help me figure out the best look for the edition run of 50 tiles.

Mahalo!

Henrik "VanTiki"

lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-20 11:36 am   Permalink

I really like the black over red and the purple over red. Looking really cool!

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-20 3:05 pm   Permalink

Very cool. The amount of work there is over the top. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-20 4:18 pm   Permalink

Can't wait to see how they look post-firing....

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zerostreet
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-20 4:30 pm   Permalink

Those are amazing!

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-20 7:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-05-20 16:18, TikiAno wrote:
Can't wait to see how they look post-firing....

Me too!

Mahalo everyone! Kiln just finished. Now I gotta let it cool for a seemingly endless 10 hours or so before I can open it for the happy or sad news. Ceramics is rough on those who don't like to wait!

Henrik "VanTiki"

littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-20 7:43 pm   Permalink

Another exciting kiln opening in the near future. WOOHOO!! Those look amazing before firing so I can only imagine what they are going to look like afterward.

- Dale

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation