FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts VanTiki Tiles - Ku Squared tile taking shape - 1/25
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
VanTiki Tiles - Ku Squared tile taking shape - 1/25
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-07-01 2:07 pm   Permalink

They look good! Muy awesome, Henrik.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-07-01 3:36 pm   Permalink

Henrik that's sweeter than Tupelo Honey!!!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-01 3:55 pm   Permalink

Awesome flasks, you notice that one is cracked... I can take that off your hands.

View Profile of Badd Tiki Send a personal message to Badd Tiki  Goto the website of Badd Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gene S Morgan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-01 7:11 pm   Permalink

Amazing flask ... you and Grog make a great team .... Glaze or stain? I want to see them done ...

View Profile of Gene S Morgan Send a personal message to Gene S Morgan  Email Gene S Morgan Goto the website of Gene S Morgan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Will carve
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-02 04:56 am   Permalink

You better give one to GROG or
you may join the klud.
I'm in it.

View Profile of Will carve Send a personal message to Will carve      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-04 8:20 pm   Permalink

Love the flash!

And I love the giant pendants, although I think I would hang it from the wall instead of my neck!

Excellent, excellent work. amazing. And I too, enjoyed your quick-time movies on youtube. So educational!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-08 2:03 pm   Permalink

With less than 40 days till Tiki Oasis, the kiln is going to be firing as often as possible. Here is an update on the projects nearing completion:

*special* tiles
I did a handful of modified tiles for Tiki Oasis this year. They range from re-sculpting fresly pressed tiles (adding stone texture and cracks for example) to special glazes. Here you see some skulls that will be getting a22k gold tooth. Had to bisque fire them, then do a black underglaze wash with gloss black on the tooth that will be gold-i-fied. I'll be applying gold lustre glaze and sticking them back in the kiln this week.

Glaze fun!
Experimenting with a bunch of underglaze and glaze applications for the Tiki Oasis tiles and pendants - here is a peek some of the pieces before I fire up the kiln. The all-seeing eye tiles look quite awesome, if I may say so myself!

First kiln load!
First load of Tiki Oasis goodies! You can see one of the Cracked Moai tiles (2 survived! I am so happy!), 4 MEGA Moai pendants (love them), and some extra yummy glazed tiles. If the rest of the firings go like this I'll be a happy camper!

in addition to these pieces I'll also be bringing the jug mugs, some of my silkscreen prints, and a SUPER SECRET returning VanTiki item that I am extra stoked about.

Mahalo for peeking!
Henrik "VanTiki"

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-07-08 3:00 pm   Permalink

I always like a happy Henrik with a secret! See you in August. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-07-08 7:30 pm   Permalink

I like the all seeing eyes. They see EVERTHING and you can't get away from them. One saw me last summer at the Parochial Church of Tlazazalca in Micoacan MX, built in 1840

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-09 03:53 am   Permalink

Man those tiles pop with the black. Everything looks great. I'm glad you went through with the flasks. Those will be very popular, without a doubt.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zerostreet
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-09 4:11 pm   Permalink

Amazing work! Those Moai tiles are my fave!

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-12 1:20 pm   Permalink

Mahalo everyone!

Mad Dog, I love that temple facade! I'd like to have that as a wall in my office, and I'd put my computer in the door entryway arch

The kiln has been running non-stop over here - alternating between a series of bisque loads, glaze loads, and luster loads. If all goes well (and I can squeeze everything in my little kiln) I should only have 2 more firings before Oasis. If I can't fit it all, I may have to up that to 3.

Here is a peek at the goings on:

The gold luster firings went really well. Here are the gold teeth, a gold version of the x-Ray Idol pendant, and a Skull Ingot

I squeezed the Don't Wake The Idol mug into today's glaze firing. It was tricky, as the 14" tall mug (!) is just a few inches shorter than the lid of my kiln.

Here is the last thing the mug saw before I closed the lid and hit the start button

Hopefully the firings continue to go smoothly (knock on coconut). I'm picking up the transfer decals today for all the jug mugs and finisher medals, and those will make up the bulk of next week's firings.

Mahalo for looking!
Henrik "VanTiki"

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-13 6:43 pm   Permalink

Henrik, loving all of these new pieces. Will there be... dare I ask.... new silkscreen prints? Looking forward to see the return of ... something that I think is... dare I say.... well, maybe not. But what I'm thinking can travel pretty easily and is (are) fairly compact. Am I close?

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-13 9:56 pm   Permalink

The gold skull/idol pendant is really spectacular my friend!

Cannot wait to see everything in person.

I also hope that our mugs are firing and coming out swell.....but don't show them to me until Oasis--I want to be surprised!

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-15 07:12 am   Permalink

That mugs...is amazing.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation