FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts VanTiki Tiles - Ku Squared tile taking shape - 1/25
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
VanTiki Tiles - Ku Squared tile taking shape - 1/25
Capt'n Skully
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-07 2:19 pm   Permalink

Those look freakin' awesome VanTiki..

View Profile of Capt'n Skully Send a personal message to Capt'n Skully  Email Capt'n Skully     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-07 2:21 pm   Permalink

Nice man - they look super sweet That long wait was worth it!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-08 3:35 pm   Permalink

Mahalo everyone for the good vibes!

I just put the first 8 glaze test tiles up on ebay for anyone looking to add some tikified ceramics to their home. I'll put a link up in the marketplace section too -

http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29296-2357-0?uid=384113270&site=0&ver=LCA080805&item=120095706929&lk=URL

VanTiki

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fres-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-16 11:04 pm   Permalink

Love your work - especially the faces. Any more tiles headed for eBay? Or are they going up on your site now?

View Profile of Fres-tiki Send a personal message to Fres-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-18 07:25 am   Permalink

those tiles just look cool as hell with their glazes. what an incredible bathroom they'll be a part of! the skull ones are starting out very cool, too. can't wait to see them finished and glazed!

View Profile of greentikipat Send a personal message to greentikipat  Email greentikipat Goto the website of greentikipat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-18 4:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-03-16 23:04, Fres-tiki wrote:
Any more tiles headed for eBay? Or are they going up on your site now?

Mahalo for the compliments Fres-Tiki! I'm planning on selling the tiles for a fixed individual price on my website soon. I may offer a few more sets on eBay while I "dial-in" my glaze formulations - but the plan for now is Tiki Tiles sold on the website and Tiki Mugs sold on eBay. Been Sooooooo busy with the day job that tile production has ground down to a snail's pace. Hope to make a mold of the skull tiles this afternoon - but I've been promising myself that for days now!

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-19 11:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-16 12:59, TikiLaLe wrote:
Tiki Tiles? ...I think the jury might be still out on this one !!!!

I think the juries saying the verdict is in and tiki tiles are a great idea, esp. if executed in very fine manner.

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-20 2:39 pm   Permalink

SneakyTiki - you're the best!

I have a new small batch of glaze test Tiki Tiles in the hotbox now. Will be opening tomorrow morning if all goes well. Tried a few different applications, as well as some underglaze attempts (round two - the first try didn't show up thru the overglaze!) for the Zig-Zags. I'll post photos of the new guys tomorrow!

This is your captain speaking - we are currently cruising at two thousand forty-nine degrees Fahrenheit...

Mahalo,

Henrik (aka VanTiki)

TravelingJones

Posted: 2007-03-20 6:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-03-19 23:41, Sneakytiki wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-02-16 12:59, TikiLaLe wrote:
Tiki Tiles? ...I think the jury might be still out on this one !!!!

I think the juries saying the verdict is in and tiki tiles are a great idea, esp. if executed in very fine manner.

As the unofficial jury foreman, I can tell you I just received the first eight artist proofs of these 'Tiki Tiles' and they are of superior quality! Vantiki's fine art products are all made by hand, with only the finest Hawaaaaaiiiiiaaaaan ingredients, mixed thoroughly and gingerly by wee menehunes that comprise of a happy tribal work force to get quality product out, in a prompt and professional manner!

So when these tiles are available again...JUMP at the chance to score some?!! Cause face it folks, aren't our days just a little brighter with a little more TIKI in it?!!!

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-20 9:53 pm   Permalink

Van,

Arrrgghhh!!! I don't know which is worse...watching the numbers climb or descend. Looking forward to the new stuff!!!

- Helz

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-21 12:54 pm   Permalink

Aloha all -

Just unloaded Glaze test batch #2 from the kiln. Man - I hate glaze testing! It is like painting in ultra slow motion. Nothing like waiting two days to see if your little idea was a good one or a stinker! Happy with most of the results of this one - Went thicker with some colors (worked with some - not so much with others) and tried some under-glazes. Gonna do one more test batch of "elaborate" glaze application for all you high rollers out there (and you know who you are ). This set will find its way to eBay later today for those who want to pick up a group of TikiTiles at a good price. On to the photos! -

Mahalo for looking!
Henrik (aka VanTiki)

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-21 3:46 pm   Permalink

It sucks, I'm just sitting back watching these Tiki Tiles get made and doing well and I'm not in the game. I should really do a couple and see what they would look like next to yours. -teaKEY

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-21 4:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-03-21 15:46, teaKEY wrote:
It sucks, I'm just sitting back watching these Tiki Tiles get made and doing well and I'm not in the game. I should really do a couple and see what they would look like next to yours. -teaKEY

Sounds like a plan! Can't wait to see your tiles!

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-21 7:43 pm   Permalink

Looking good my man!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-23 6:08 pm   Permalink

Aloha Folks -

Got to spend some time in the studio this afternoon and was finally able to finish up the Spookedy Skull Tile sculpts - here they are in all their spooky-ness:

I cannot wait to press a few of these guys! Molding them tonight, and they I gotta wait 10 painstaking days for the plaster to dry out before I can press them. So hard to wait! I'll post pics as soon as I get a few of these guys pressed.

Henrik (aka VanTiki)

PS - For the curious: The clay is Chavant "Le Beau Touche" (man, that is a froofy name!) sulfur free oil clay.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation