FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts VanTiki Tiles - Ku Squared tile taking shape - 1/25

You are viewing a single post from the search result.
view the entire topic
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
VanTiki Tiles - Ku Squared tile taking shape - 1/25
VanTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-22 3:04 pm   Permalink

Happy to announce this morning was the first day of pressing the Cracked Moai tiles!

I got through half of the 12 Artist's Proofs - and I've settled on an edition size of 50 for the final tiles.

As you may have noticed, the tiles are all *slightly* different! There are a total of 6 mold variations in the edition, so the Moai look nice and natural when lined up together - no glaring repeating crack patterns! I'm testing glazes on saturday, and will be pressing tiles FULL STEAM next week.

I've learned that the larger the tile, the greater the pressure it takes to press them. I have to do a couple of pull ups on the arm of my tile press for each tile. A nice bit of studio cross training!

Mahalo,
Henrik "VanTiki"

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation