advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Need BIG Wall Tiki!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Need BIG Wall Tiki!!
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-03 09:08 am   Permalink

Hau'oli Tiki,
Another option would be this Moai from Benson's Imports. I have purchased a few items from them over the last couple of years, and everything arrives quickly and they have some great products (as well as decent prices).

I got one of these Big Kahoona last year. Since he is molded plastic with a granite-look painted surface, he is somewhat flimsy, but fantastic for hanging because he is very light. I purchased a few cans of expanding foam from my local hardware store, and filled in some of the inner concave surfaces to make him just a little heavier (so he doesn't fly off the wall in a wind storm), and to make him a little more durable for outside. You can find the link here:
and look for item # 577 Big Kahoona.

I hope this helps!

- Myke

The many personalities of Myke

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hau 'oli Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-03 10:43 am   Permalink

Thanks TWB... That's the same one Tiki Pop offered to let me buy off him! I may grab it cuz he offered it to me for a great price! I was worried about the too light weight, but your idea seems to be the solution!
"Always take hold of things by the smooth handle."
Thomas Jefferson

View Profile of Hau 'oli Tiki Send a personal message to Hau 'oli Tiki  Email Hau 'oli Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2015 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation