FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Central Ohana » » bambooben on crutches!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
bambooben on crutches!
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-31 5:42 pm   Permalink

Rest up mate

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kikekeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-31 9:54 pm   Permalink

here's to you, 'Boo, with hopes for a short term hobble.
Remember the three magic words...
Ice
Ace
Elevate

try some tequila, I hear it works for a multitude of needs
K.

View Profile of kikekeki Send a personal message to kikekeki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-01 01:24 am   Permalink

ahhh Ben, Feel better soon! knee stuff can linger on so stay off it, I know how men are, they are the worst patients ....

[ This Message was edited by: Hiphipahula 2007-02-01 11:21 ]

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-02-01 10:55 am   Permalink

Hope you recover quickly! I hear drinking rum helps.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-01 5:52 pm   Permalink

Dr. Squid prescribes lots of bed rest. And I mean lots. That will at least keep the rest of us safe for awhile.

Git mo bettah brah!

Ltd Edition Mugs & MORE!

Ltd Editions by Squid & Gecko

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-01 11:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-31 08:52, Jungle Trader wrote:
Here's the news:
I swung down to LoCal seeking fun and drinks, only to find Ben waiting instead. This really blew my mind, so we quickly tussled and in the ensuing struggle Ben collapsed on one knee. He then reached up, grabbed my neck and twisted me around and dislocated my 3rd Lumbar vertabrae. Just as he did, I landed on his other knee, (it began to swell as big as a grapefruit) picked up a bamboo slat and hit him over the head. Turns out, Lake Surfer was watching all of this. With all the dust in the air, Lake couldn't see too well. So he grabs a broken glass float off the bar (he likes the sound of breaking glass) and in so doing, slit his hand real good. We're all pals now, trading pain killers and muscle relaxants, and catching up on the latest innovations in walkers and skin stitching technology.

Nice!

Now ya got me in stitches!

Here's to all the healing taking place after the injury trifecta!

Heal up Jungle Trader and Benboo!

I'm running out of room for scars...

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-02-02 3:32 pm   Permalink

eee gawds! I hope you're all back up to snuff in no time!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-04 11:13 am   Permalink

Take it from an old nurse (who once dislocated my knee cap) it is amazing how swollen those knees can get and how much pain a body can handle. It is rice as follows:

R = rest
I = ice
C = compression
E = elevation

The anti-inflammatories (Ibupropen, Advil, etc.) do help but be sure to take with food, they can be hard on the tummy. Ice should only be on (use with protective covering so the ice or frozen device is not directly on your skin) for about 20 munites every couple of hours. Especially good to do a wrap when you go to bed, as it helps reduce the irritation cause by movement when sleeping. Elevation and resting the knee is important early on.

Once you are up and around don't overdo it. After the swelling is minmized you can then rotate between moist heat and cold. Most heating pads have a thin sponge insert you can moisten, this type of heat penetrates into the muscle as opposed to dry heat which just warms the skin. A good way to do this is to do the moist heat 20 minutes, then massage the area a little and finish up with cold for 20 minutes to reduce the swelling and stiffen up the muscle for walking.

Take care.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-05 11:21 am   Permalink

Ben,

Oh yeah, medicate!
When I hurt my back in a tragic art accident a few years back, I found that if I took an anti-inflamitory, a muscle relaxer, a 750 mg Vicodin (and a toke), and then watched an old episode of "Hawaiian Eye", that I'd feel much better.

Mend Soon!

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-05 11:49 am   Permalink

Add some Robitussin DM to the mix and you'll forget you even have limbs!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-05 3:08 pm   Permalink

Hey Ben take three shots of good aged rum and you will have an anti-body experience for sure. Get well soon.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation