Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Unusual Beachcomber Salt & Pepper Shakers
Unusual Beachcomber Salt & Pepper Shakers
Tiki-Troll
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-31 11:30 am   Permalink

thought I had seen it all till I found these super ugly buggers today. they are marked Beachcomber- Mayfair. Could they be from the london bar?? I did all the searches but there were no images of any of the memoribilia.

View Profile of Tiki-Troll Send a personal message to Tiki-Troll  Email Tiki-Troll     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bifcozz
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-01-31 12:07 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: bifcozz 2007-02-09 21:33 ]

View Profile of bifcozz Send a personal message to bifcozz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Troll
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-31 12:26 pm   Permalink

wow that is awesome! thanks so much. can't wait to tell the hubby when he gets home

View Profile of Tiki-Troll Send a personal message to Tiki-Troll  Email Tiki-Troll     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikinomad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-31 5:52 pm   Permalink

Nice score!!!
It's amazing that after all these years of collecting I'm still seeing new Tiki's!!!!

View Profile of Tikinomad Send a personal message to Tikinomad  Email Tikinomad Goto the website of Tikinomad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikipedia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-31 6:55 pm   Permalink

S&P shakers + vintage postcard = urban archeology at its very best.

View Profile of tikipedia Send a personal message to tikipedia  Goto the website of tikipedia     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Troll
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-31 7:58 pm   Permalink

I agree, never thought I'd have an actual picture of them in action in just a few minutes!

cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-01 01:45 am   Permalink

Congrats on finding those, I have done a lot of research into the Beachcomber and always come to dead ends on finding items.

www.cheekytiki.com
http://cheekytikiuk.blogspot.com/

"Don't drink water, fish f*~k in it" W.C. Feilds

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-01 10:36 am   Permalink

My flatmate just came in as i was shrieking like a girl over that salt and pepper set, an actual positive, identifiable piece of the "Mayfair Beachcomber".

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation