FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Farm's Parking Lot Sale this Saturday - HUGE!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
Tiki Farm's Parking Lot Sale this Saturday - HUGE!!!
tyger jymmy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-12 9:51 pm   Permalink

Thanks im brigin that to the Event this week

View Profile of tyger jymmy Send a personal message to tyger jymmy  Email tyger jymmy Goto the website of tyger jymmy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TronTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-12 10:19 pm   Permalink

Man, am I ever looking forward to Saturday! I get to see a GROG, a Squid, a Tyger, a Clysdalle, Puka Dogs, a (P)Drake, a Doug (with a?) Horne, and a MonkeyMan or two! Too bad about the squirrels. It's going to be cooler than a 3-ring Cirque du Circus!

And of course a Little Lost Tiki, a BigTikiDude, Thor, RevBambooBen, and hosted by the master of ceremonies - MC MakeDaMug!

Just thinking about it is making me dizzy. I'll need to bring my autograph book for you to sign and my checkbook for me to sign! Oh yeah, I am a newbie. I guess I will need to bring cash.

View Profile of TronTiki Send a personal message to TronTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-12 10:30 pm   Permalink

Hey Tron!
Spare yourself the disappointment and stay home!
I've met some of the crew you've mentioned and they're all LAME...
especially GROG,Squid,Ben,and Jymmy! Kirby and Polynesiac are just as bad...
LAME!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-12 10:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-12 22:30, little lost tiki wrote:
Hey Tron!
Spare yourself the disappointment and stay home!
I've met some of the crew you've mentioned and they're all LAME...
especially GROG,Squid,Ben,and Jymmy! Kirby and Polynesiac are just as bad...
LAME!

Go Sqruzic yourself Ruzic! Or should I say Little LAME Tiki? I'm bringing chalk to mark off my space in the booth. Don't make me cross that line!!!

Welcome aboard Tron! Sounds like you're a bit too familiar with our antics to be a newbie. A lurker maybe, but not a newbie. Stop by and say howdy but don't waste your cash on Ruzic's slapdash "art". He's just reselling that "Starving Artists Liquidation Sale" stuff from the 70s he keeps in his underground bunker. Expect lots of huge-eyed orphans, really rainy & blurry Paris street scenes, and Red Skeltonesque clowns.

Ltd Edition Mugs & MORE!

Ltd Editions by Squid & Gecko

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TronTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-12 11:01 pm   Permalink

I live pretty close to the 'Farm, so I will take my chances. Wait... you did mean "lame" as in "weak and ineffectual; unsatisfactory:" and not as in "gold lame", like Liberace wore. Elvis could pull it off, Kylie Minogue does it, but the Tiki AllStars? That might be too scary.

View Profile of TronTiki Send a personal message to TronTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TronTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-12 11:10 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the welcome, Squid! Yeah, I guess I lurked for a little bit. It feels great to be legit!

I met Red Skelton in a Palm Springs toy store when I was a kid and I remember him as being real cool. But damn, those clowns have always scared me!

squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-12 11:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-12 23:01, TronTiki wrote:
I live pretty close to the 'Farm, so I will take my chances. Wait... you did mean "lame" as in "weak and ineffectual; unsatisfactory:" and not as in "gold lame", like Liberace wore. Elvis could pull it off, Kylie Minogue does it, but the Tiki AllStars? That might be too scary.

I meant the former, not the latter. Check out his LAME paintings:

Self Portrait, Pre-Hallucinogens

Homage to the Master

Aunt Mildred at my Bar Mitzvah

Dude....You Spilled My Bongwater!

Ltd Edition Mugs & MORE!

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-12 11:24 pm   Permalink

"I spilled my bongwater" won Best in Show at the Danville County Fair and Livestock Show back in 1982 I'll have you know! And that's your Aunt Mildred! She commissioned that painting,and you would be shocked at how she "paid" me for it!
Hey Tron!
Quote:
But damn, those clowns have always scared me!

Like this?

Or this?

I dunno what's scarier..the paintings or the concepts and narratives they portray.
A clown with a big candy cane is capable of some pretty bizarre stuff!
The second one by the way is called "Dave's Misadventure"
Don't make me cross that chalk line!
Welcome to TC Tronnie!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-12 11:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-12 23:10, TronTiki wrote:
Thanks for the welcome, Squid! Yeah, I guess I lurked for a little bit. It feels great to be legit!

I met Red Skelton in a Palm Springs toy store when I was a kid and I remember him as being real cool. But damn, those clowns have always scared me!

Skelton was cool. I loved his TV show. It's Ken "Kaddiddlehopper" Ruzic that scares me.

Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-12 11:32 pm   Permalink

"Skelton was cool. I loved his TV show. It's Ken "Kaddiddlehopper" Ruzic that scares me. "

HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! omg i dunno thats just so funny... "Kaddiddlehopper" lol........... sorry i'm a nerd...

OH.. I'll bring a laptop btw

[ This Message was edited by: Hiphipahula 2007-04-12 23:33 ]

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-12 11:32 pm   Permalink

Welcome to TC Tron-T.

If these Freaks bother you,

Sic Mom on em!!

Arrrrrrrr!!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-12 11:36 pm   Permalink

So tell me about the commission from Uncle Sid?

Ltd Edition Mugs & MORE!

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-12 11:39 pm   Permalink

Five pounds Kona Gold (no seeds or stems-pure Bud) was my commission...He actually snaked some from me on the way out...Whaddya think he's got in that pipe? soap bubbles?

squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-12 11:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-12 23:39, little lost tiki wrote:
Five pounds Kona Gold (no seeds or stems-pure Bud) was my commission...He actually snaked some from me on the way out...Whaddya think he's got in that pipe? soap bubbles?

I ain't buyin' it. Sid was a tweaker all the way. Now I'm pretty sure that's why you were doing crap like this in those days:

So how do explain this one of your cousin "Bob"?:

Ltd Edition Mugs & MORE!

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-12 11:50 pm   Permalink

true Story!
My dad's nickname for me (when I was a wee one)
was "diddlehopper",probably a variation of Red Skelton's phrase!
You guys are all feelgood about about Red! His paintings,to be honest,
scare me! And he was really nothing but a glorified MIME,and if that's
your thing.....then that's pretty lame!
Lots of great Stuff is gonna be at the Sale!
Check out some of the Goodies on Dave's side of the Chalk Line!
Dave carved some pumpkins for the event! A little early, but still spoooky!

Dave is also into little children,boys in particular....and he loves to sculpt them!
This one is a series called "Little Victims"

here's a signed and framed print to go with em...

and don't leave the Lot without a pair of "Checkerberries"
Dave's delightful new Clown Doll Line!

See y'all there!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation