FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Tiki Farm's Parking Lot Sale this Saturday - HUGE!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
Tiki Farm's Parking Lot Sale this Saturday - HUGE!!!
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-16 11:34 pm   Permalink

Oh my, Whatta weekend! I pounded a lot of miles in a few short days but worth every inch of the trip and it's still not over yet. My voice is shot, my thoat sore from hours of talkin' and my jaws still hurt from laughin' so much. Y'all are some of the funniest and friendliest bunch of folks I know and it is my pleasure to call every one of you a pal. It is always a blast to see my old buddies and meet a few new ones too. I had very cool and friendly neighbors all around me. (Kirk from the Nutty Hawaiian, Big Ed and Chris from Tiki Broker, Mean Gene from Falling Cocos and Nick, Eileen and Jonpaul from Tiki Magazine) A gigantic MAHALO to Holden and all the fine folks at Tiki Farm for putting together a great day under the sun. Another HUGE thanks to everyone who stopped by my humble booth to wish me luck on my quickly approaching move to the islands and who helped out by picking up some of my art and swag. I can't say it enough times how much I appreciate the support I get from all of you on so many levels. I had a steady stream of visitors and didn't get much of a chance to get away from my booth to peruse and mingle but it was really cool to get to hang out with a bunch of you afterwards in Magoomba.

a few Highlights for me were:

• A three dollar tip in Cook Island money from Mr and Mrs Bongofury. I will post a pic of the bill once I get back home and I can scan it. It is absolutely beautiful and a real peice or art!

• Knowing that all the art that I sold is going to hangin' on the walls of my old friends and new.

• Little Lost Tiki's incandescent hair

• Meeting and getting to put a few more faces to the names I see on a daily basis. (Lil Wahine, Mr and Mrs. Cheeky Half, Pdrake, Tiki Lee, Thor, Bay Park Buzzy, theded1 and Cedric form Aisletiki .com. There are a few more I probably missed but some of my brain cylinders are still misfiring and I am still beat from the days long drive.

• Seeing one of my Puffer fish drawings as a tattoo on a Dean's leg after he figure out I was the guy who drew it.

• Watching Bora Boris's Hawaiian Hot Dog literally shoot out of the bun and into the trash can seconds after he purchased it. The look on his face still has me laughing out loud. Dude you got use less force when applying those condiments!

• The Glasgow Tiki Shakers ripping it up as always!

• Some very hi-larious conversations with DAVE DID IT! and Kim, Squid, Pdrake, Hiphiphula and various other clowns and monkeys

• Dr.Vital Tiki crackin' my back after a day of workin' and making it sound like a fresh batch of Jiffy Pop popcorn.

• Magoomba Mai-Tais!

• Witnessing Hiphiphula overcome her fear of broken mugs!

• Partyin' down into the wee hours like I was in High School again with a handful of the late nighters. We were even listening to the same music from those days. Thanks again to Make Da Mug for giving a brother a comfy couch and a pillow to lie his head upon and for being a great dude with unstoppable enthusiasm and love for all of the freaks that make up this unique bunch or wackos!

• Getting up to my friend's house in Cardiff and finding out they had a back massage chair that they could not get me out of for several hours.

I am sure will remember a few more later but I think I got enough here to convince you that this event was nothing short of a CLASSIC and I am so stoked I was able to be a part of it!

Yes, I was one of the slackers who said I was going to the Surf Show in OB and flaked out and I am very sorry I missed JP jammin' with the Insect Surfers and BigTiki Dude has already given me a man sizes portion grief. I know their is no excuses for flaking out, but I was too buzzed, tired and honestly havin a great time at Magoomba with everybody to haul my sore and weary self another inch down the road.

Since all my clams are going into my move, I am trying not to amass more stuff and I was on a very limited budget I did not buy a whole lot, but I did do some trading and manage a few choice scores. I picked up a couple sweet little tikis from Tiki Broker and Son. A Monkeyman frame, some of Grog's art that I found and would not give back to him. (Loser weeper, finder keepers buddy boy,) a handful of Pdrake Moai casts, A fried Kirby pendant, an Ona Tiki Pendant, a colorful $3.00 dollar bill from the Cook Islands cortesy of The Bongofurys, an indestructible Moai mug from Jonpaul and Marie (OK, I will give that because I said that I would) and a ton of great memories.

So onto a few highlights from my pics:

Kevin (Right?) and his new shrunken & beaded Cyclop's head

Little Lost Tiki and Big Grief Giver Dude

Two of the nicest folks you will ever meet, Mr and Mrs Bongofury.

Tiki Cate, Moki, Micki, Ron and Mary Ann out and about having a good time. Tiki Cate is holding the artwork she accidentally left behind, If you saw it let her know!

Cyntiki and Bealza-Elvis's Little pirate dude.

Self portrait of former long hair Polynesiac and mop head Chongolio

Glasgow Tiki Shakers shaking up San Clemente

Sperm Whale and Whale Rider goofin' off

Hiphiphula showing a mug who is boss

If you want to see the rest of my pics check out the post on my blog
Barefoot Bloggin'. I look forward to seeing some of you again at the Forbidden Island One Year Anniversary Party. And also at the Tiki Treasures and Polynesian Pin-ups show. Yes friends, the Tiki season is here again. Hooray!

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-17 02:17 am   Permalink

Mahalo Holden for the Good Times we all had at the sale! Great All Day Party as always! I broke a mug!!! ok it was already chipped,, but I Broke it!! I met lots of new folks, Coco Loco & Mai Tai what fun! Thanks Dave & Kim for my beautiful Badlands Moai necklace & for picking up my VLV 10 mugs, Kinny for my "Angry Sun" Squidster for the deals and signing everything along with Doug Horne, Thor, Bamboo Ben and Grog. It was fun hangin' with the girls in the TF warehouse, what was the name of the dude with the big... beer opener? Poor Doug with his little chap stick Waves to Kirby & Polly, John & Paula, Tom & Elene because you are cool! Tiki Kate's sunburn didn't slow down her shopping' spree ouch! It was funny to see Soccer Tiki & WooHoo sell the goods wow! RANDY! I wish you all good things in your life, all the best in Hawaii, I will miss you at events I think you make me laugh just about more than anyone I have ever known! Thanks again Holden for your Hospitality, your a all around Good Man.

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-17 08:28 am   Permalink

GROG SEZ...
Quote:
The squirrels are so YESTERDAY! They made 2 or 3 people laugh, one of them being Kinny, and you being another.

That was for Jymmy!!!!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-04-17 09:42 am   Permalink

Still not funny.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-17 09:59 am   Permalink

Still not funny TO YOU,Ernie....
Maybe you broke your funnybone....sittin on your BIG BUTT being LAZY!
Great seeing you on Saturday by the way

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dibroc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-17 10:01 am   Permalink

What a great event. It was fun to catch up with old friends and make new one as well. A big thanks goes out to all the vendors that gave us the sweet deals. Does anyone have any info one the DJ? Who is he and how can we get a hold of him for parties? I am not sure who sold the most but Kirby gets the award for "Last Man Vending".

View Profile of dibroc Send a personal message to dibroc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-17 1:28 pm   Permalink

Whats really Funny is I asked Kirby how much he sold and he said nothing, That was also another reason I bought the big tiki from him.

what no love for the Kirby, People?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-17 1:31 pm   Permalink

your mouth is moving but all I hear is Blah blah blah.
just razzin' one more time.
I would have liked to seen you and others at the Insects show.
But its probably better you drunk people stayed off the freeway down to SD.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

Chongolio wrote:
Yes, I was one of the slackers who said I was going to the Surf Show in OB and flaked out and I am very sorry I missed JP jammin' with the Insect Surfers and BigTiki Dude has already given me a man sizes portion grief. I know their is no excuses for flaking out, but I was too buzzed, tired and honestly havin a great time at Magoomba with everybody to haul my sore and weary self another inch down the road.

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tyger jymmy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-17 1:59 pm   Permalink

A BIG THANKS for the Picture , I,ll leave the Squirrel thing to Rest , I did buy a few stuffed ones on E,bay im gonna do somthing with and am gonna look for a Mug I hope . Thanks, Little Lost Tiki for the Pic . Hava Kool one on Me Tyger

View Profile of tyger jymmy Send a personal message to tyger jymmy  Email tyger jymmy Goto the website of tyger jymmy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tyger jymmy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-17 2:03 pm   Permalink

Ow Boy Grog I think im living in the Past .

View Profile of tyger jymmy Send a personal message to tyger jymmy  Email tyger jymmy Goto the website of tyger jymmy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-17 5:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-16 23:05, GROG wrote:
The squirrels are so YESTERDAY! They made 2 or 3 people laugh, one of them being Kinny, and you being another.

I guess I was the third. Maybe Grog just needs a drink. How about one from a Squirrel Decanter:

Or is Grog just grumpy because his head is cold. This might do the trick:

Just playin' with you Ernie since I didn't get a chance to pester you in person too much. Thanks again for droppin' your art for me to find. It will be on ebay in a few days if you want to try and get it back.

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tyger jymmy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-17 6:01 pm   Permalink

Very Kool DUDE, Very Kool , That Rocks I need to find one of them any ideas . Thanks

squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-17 9:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-17 10:01, dibroc wrote:
Does anyone have any info one the DJ? Who is he and how can we get a hold of him for parties? I am not sure who sold the most but Kirby gets the award for "Last Man Vending".

It was Sharon's (the new voice of Tiki Farm) hubby Gary. I agree. Good tunes were spun indeed.

Kirby actually got the award for last vendor wobbling

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tyger jymmy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-17 9:38 pm   Permalink

I got an order for a Sailfish so the Show worked out Realy Kool , it was just nice Chattin up a Storm with Everyone, at some of the Shows we cant realy talk to much with the Music and all but this was Great and Realy nice Dinner at the Spagetie house .

Daves Not Home
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-18 3:56 pm   Permalink

WOW! What a day! Big thanks to Holden/The Farm and everyone that was there (and the ones there in spirit) that made it such a blast. It was like a kick ass block party with the best artists around opening their doors to buy stuff from, chat and just hang out and have fun with. And a special thanks to EVERYONE from Mrs. Daves Not home (Kim) and Badland Beads

View Profile of Daves Not Home Send a personal message to Daves Not Home  Goto the website of Daves Not Home     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation