FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Seattle Area Home Bar Tour 2007, July 20th & 21st
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Seattle Area Home Bar Tour 2007, July 20th & 21st
DJ Terence Gunn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-01 1:27 pm   Permalink

Aloha!
Proceedings for The Seattle Area Home Bar Tour 2007 are now under way. The event will be again a 2-day affair on the dates of Friday, July 20th and Saturday, July 21st.

The first day of the event will take place at Pete's Monkey Skull Voodoo Lounge (one of Seattle's best -- if not THE BEST -- home bars). Check in/meet 'n' greet will be from 5pm-7pm. During this time ticket reservationists will check in and receive their ticket and Aloha bag. Yours truly (DJ Terence Gunn) will be playing Lounge, Exotica, Calypso, Hawaiian, Surf, and Latin throughout the evening. Complimentary appetisers and tropical libations will be available. After 7pm a backyard BBQ will take place, will plenty of food and drink for all. Round 8pm-ish Seattle's own Atomic Powered Surf band, The Mercury Four, will break the musical waves. A raffle will take place round 9pm, followed by more live and DJed music.

The following day, beginning at 5pm and going until 11pm-ish, will be a 6-hour chartered tour of 4 Seattle-area home bars. Complimentary drinks and food will be provided at each stop.

Ticket reservations are $50/person, payable via Paypal to:
terencegunn@yahoo.com. With the exception of a natural disaster, these tickets are non-refundable.

Until then, Okole Maluna! And may warm winds and bright sun bless us early this year in the NW!

-T.G.

P.S. For future/further updates to the event please refer to thread below.

[ This Message was edited by: DJ Terence Gunn 2007-07-02 09:49 ]

View Profile of DJ Terence Gunn Send a personal message to DJ Terence Gunn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DJ Terence Gunn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-13 2:20 pm   Permalink

Only 1 home bar position open, folks! The others have already been filled, and what delights they are and will be! If you have an oustanding home bar in the Seattle area, or know of somebody who does, and would like to be considered for the tour, don't hesitate to contact me.

Cheers.

View Profile of DJ Terence Gunn Send a personal message to DJ Terence Gunn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dancin' Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-15 3:50 pm   Permalink

We're in. Sent the registration payment today.

View Profile of Dancin' Lizard Send a personal message to Dancin' Lizard  Email Dancin' Lizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DJ Terence Gunn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-16 4:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-15 15:50, Dancin' Lizard wrote:
We're in. Sent the registration payment today.

Received! Thank you and see you this summer!

Stiki Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-16 6:40 pm   Permalink

I suppose my Tiki bar in Oak Harbor on Whidbey Island is too far?

View Profile of Stiki Tiki Send a personal message to Stiki Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DJ Terence Gunn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-17 09:08 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-16 18:40, Stiki Tiki wrote:
I suppose my Tiki bar in Oak Harbor on Whidbey Island is too far?

Thank you for your interest. Unfortunately, too far, too much time lapse, and too expensive to take a bus full of 45-55 people aboard a ferry (and I would have to up the ticket price, as well). Exoticat also lives on one of the islands here and suggested her bar last year. Unfortunately same story. Touring home bars on ONE island is a possiblity for the future (and I, personally, think it would be a lot of fun to meet up with everyone and take a ferry from and back to Seattle for such an event), but there will need to be at least four home bars with appropriate capacities and outstanding aesthetics on the same island (hell, a tropical backyard oasis with a little bar would be -- or should I say, Whidbey? -- wonderful); and I would, of course, have to see them before committing. But a thought for the future for all you local, home-bar-owning islanders!

DJ Terence Gunn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-18 7:42 pm   Permalink

Update: All the home bar positions are now filled.

DJ Terence Gunn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-09 3:21 pm   Permalink

Update: The Check In/Meet N Greet/Vending time slot will be from 5pm-7pm and -- like last year -- will take place at Pete's Monkeyskull Voodoo Lounge (not at Hula Hula).

Dancin' Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-09 6:46 pm   Permalink

Saturday right? Didn't we meet Saturday night last year? Things are fuzzy...remember the bus, remember singing a lot....remember planning a larceny of tiki mugs at Pete's house....

[ This Message was edited by: Dancin' Lizard 2007-03-09 18:49 ]

View Profile of Dancin' Lizard Send a personal message to Dancin' Lizard  Email Dancin' Lizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DJ Terence Gunn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-10 12:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-03-09 18:46, Dancin' Lizard wrote:
Saturday right? Didn't we meet Saturday night last year? Things are fuzzy...remember the bus, remember singing a lot....remember planning a larceny of tiki mugs at Pete's house....

The Tour last year took place on a Saturday and Sunday. This year the Tour will take place on Friday and Saturday. Pete's upper level certainly has room enough for all the vendors, and we learned a lot of what to do this year from last. But the general consensus is that things are much friendlier and relaxed in a private residence than in a public venue (not to mention the drinks will be of a higher quality). After all, the Seattle Area Home Bar Tour is about Home Bars, not public venues. And meeting on Friday and Saturday is better for such an occasion, leaving all day Sunday (rather than Monday) open for the trip home, as well as any site seeing any out of towners may wish to do here before leaving.

As far as your other recollections, they are all true. I'm not sure how technologically advanced Pete's Monkeyskull Voodoo Lounge is in the way of force fields and security, but I'll notify him about taking precautions this year from any proposed larceny of his tiki mugs collection:) Perhaps Seamus will create an overlooking 'Ku' Wargod for Pete -- one that has a motion sensor attached to it and which will spit salt water into the eye(s) of any perpetrator attempting to shop the Five Finger Discount Store.

DJ Terence Gunn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-09 1:24 pm   Permalink

~UPDATE~

Due to time constraints and competing domestic projects, one of the home bar entries has regrettably dropped out of the Tour, leaving a space open for interested home bar owners in the Seattle area, who have a yard and a striking home bar/lounge, suitable for accomodating 45-55 people at one time. Themes I'm looking for are: Asian, Japanese, Polynesian, Pirate/Mariner, African, Oceanic, Atomic Age, Space Age.

As always, I will have to see/review your home bar first. Interested parties may contact me directly at
terencegunn@yahoo.com.

[ This Message was edited by: DJ Terence Gunn 2007-04-09 13:28 ]

DJ Terence Gunn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-07 3:13 pm   Permalink

~Update~
Proceedings are shaping up very nicely for this year's event, and it proves to rival last year's. There will be a couple new home bars this year on the charter, and the live entertainment on the first day will be the Atomic Powered Surf sounds of Seattle's own Mercury Four!

http://themercuryfour.com/

More to come soon!

[ This Message was edited by: DJ Terence Gunn 2007-05-09 15:01 ]

DJ Terence Gunn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-23 12:31 pm   Permalink

~Update~
The first day itself is going to be an absolute blast! But as far as the second day...the line up is finally set! Three new stops have been added to this year's Tour, and what treasures to behold (and imbibe in) they are, too!

First stop, The Dead Elvis Lounge; second stop, The Atomic Lounge/Cabana Bar; third stop, a stunning, first place award-winning topical backyard garden and gorgeous interior that needs to be seen in person to be believed - Fantasy Island; fourth stop, The Shrunken Head Lounge (with revamped backyard deck, and an additional two rooms of tropical jungle pleasure).

Here's a link/address to an article on the Seattle tropical backyard oasis, Fantasy Island:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/pacificnw02052006/fg1.html

Keep in mind this is in Seattle; and tropical plants (with a few exceptions) don't grow well outdoors here, let alone survive through the winter, which makes this landscape all the more fantastic. Unfortunately the pictures shown don't do it justice, and there is no shot of the bamboo bar; but the article is well worth a read.

Yes, there are still tickets available for the event. But now that June is quickly approaching they'll be bought up quickly, so don't delay, get yours today!

[ This Message was edited by: DJ Terence Gunn 2007-05-24 12:04 ]

DJ Terence Gunn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-23 1:25 pm   Permalink

Oh yes. I forgot to mention that the meet-up departure and return location for boarding the bus will be the same place as last year, Lincoln Park in West Seattle, between 4.30 and 4.45pm (the bus departs at 5pm).

DJ Terence Gunn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-07 8:59 pm   Permalink

~Update~
Ticket reservation and vendor deadline for the Seattle Area Home Bar Tour is June 31st. No tickets will be sold after June 31st.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation