FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving squid's whittlin's ...carvin' up the neighbor's trash...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
squid's whittlin's ...carvin' up the neighbor's trash...
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-03 12:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-03 11:58, GROG wrote:
These are made in the Philipines, right?

Groggy, you know that I'm subcontracting all my work to Kirby.

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-03 2:09 pm   Permalink

Those are super spiffy, totally got your looney tunes gangster reference, very fun on a moai too!

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zombiepops
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-02-03 2:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-03 12:27, squid wrote:

I'm gettin' hungry...where do I get Zombie Pops?

They are the frozen brains treat the kids love to eat!

I'm brainy for zombiepops!

View Profile of zombiepops Send a personal message to zombiepops      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-05 12:49 am   Permalink

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-05 12:53 am   Permalink

Very good pendant.

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-05 07:46 am   Permalink

I really love the exadurated features on this # 2. Just shows how far you can take a carving. I'm sure you could even take it further. Lookin great Squeed

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-02-05 09:08 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-05 07:46, Benzart wrote:
Lookin great Squeed

Ben funny!

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-05 2:52 pm   Permalink

Pretty damn nice pieces Squid, what are you using to carve em? X-acto knife? How long til we can get the resins?

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-05 9:41 pm   Permalink

Squid uses the FORCE!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-08 9:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-05 14:52, Paipo wrote:
Pretty damn nice pieces Squid, what are you using to carve em? X-acto knife? How long til we can get the resins?

I used an x-acto hook blade and a curved blade (the opposite way, don't know what it's called). Also a regular flat blade cleanout knife. I cut out the basic form with a fine coping saw which really speeds things along. Glad ya like 'em!

Resins maybe late March. Kinda swamped now but I'll post in Marketplace when ready.

Obi Wan Diablo passed the force to me at the Tonga Hut art show. It involves a secret handshake enhanced with Tonga Punch residue.

Thanks Danny!

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-08 9:50 pm   Permalink

it's called a pelican knife. don't use it on your lap. it cuts arteries.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-08 9:51 pm   Permalink

OK, so what do you do with the wide part of the handle right before the spoony part?
(I think it's called "Taint")
Well you make a one-off for yourself that shall not be reproduced. I give you the squid signature pendant...

Ltd Edition Mugs & MORE!

Ltd Editions by Squid & Gecko

JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-08 9:57 pm   Permalink

Dude, that is so cool!!! And yes, I do believe that part of the spoon is called the taint. Please wear it to the Kirby's Birthday/Tiki Night/Jen's First Time thingy at the Tonga Hut on the 24th so we can all ogle it!

Lovely work Sir Squid!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-08 11:54 pm   Permalink

Great design Squidster... I dig all the curly tentacles..

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-08 11:55 pm   Permalink

Ahh the steeecky fingas not from a drink!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation