FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving squid's whittlin's ...carvin' up the neighbor's trash...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
squid's whittlin's ...carvin' up the neighbor's trash...
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-09 09:27 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-08 23:55, Tiki Diablo wrote:
Ahh the steeecky fingas not from a drink!

EEEEEEEEEUUUWWWWW!

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-10 06:42 am   Permalink

Looks like the ol' Cthulu eee-veil jus' crept out that thar spoon!

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-10 11:06 pm   Permalink

stick my head in the sand for a bit and Squid starts growing branches out the wa-zoo... what the... Darwin effect takes over and the son of the see sprouts legs and morphs into a industrial little beaver with culinary abilities.....

what's next......... more nice stuff

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-03 10:45 am   Permalink

I know, I know. You're saying to yourself, "If Squid would just APPLY himself and snag more kitchen utensils we would see more carvings than this pathetic dribble of stuff every month and a half, give or take a week" Well at least that's what I'd be thinking looking at this snail's-pace posting!

But alas, Squid is a lazy-ass cephalopod and only has this to offer. It's already sold so I can't even milk it into a Marketplace thread. *sigh*

I give you the Mahogany Moai #3 with teak toggle:

I really enjoyed carving the mahogany. It's quite hard but I liked the fact that you can get really crisp cuts into it. And the grain is awesome. It was a real surprise to see it pop when I put the first coat of finish on. Next time I'll go for more decorative detail. Basic silhouette was cut with a coping saw and the balance done with Dremel and various x-acto blades (hook, pelican, flat). This guy was made from a discarded fireplace facade that my neighbor was THROWING OUT!!! The horror!!

Little Lost Tiki has done some dremeling/painting on a couple of pieces and I gave Kirby a big chunk of it. Be sure to bug him

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-03 11:01 am   Permalink

wow.

that is spectacular. i really mean that.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-03-03 11:32 am   Permalink

Mine!

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-03 11:35 am   Permalink

oh, wait. it's double sided. i take it back. it sucks.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
unklefun
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-29 1:31 pm   Permalink

I just received Pendent #2 Moai. It's got girth! Thanks Squid i'll never take it off. I feel kinda of strong wearing it.

View Profile of unklefun Send a personal message to unklefun  Goto the website of unklefun     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-29 1:39 pm   Permalink

trash-picker!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-29 1:46 pm   Permalink

Looks great! I love working with recycled wood. What did you do for a finish? I've got a piece that I think is mahogany and I can't decide how I'm going to finish it.

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation